Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 10:30   #3376
BHPian

thanks adheesh. respect for you
Old 4th October 2009, 10:45   #3377
BHPian

This can happen due to a bad quality of wires. Or it can be because of a higher wattage bulb trying to draw more current and heating up the wires.

1. If you are running a high wattage bulb (more than 65w) then install a relay and change to higher guage wires.

2. If its the normal bulb, then check for wiring fault/grounding/short as the problem has re-occured even after you have redone the wiring.

One of my friends faced a similar issue and the culprit turned out to be the faulty bulb holder that was shorting the circuit.
Old 4th October 2009, 10:55   #3378
BHPian

lets see. i have to replace the fog lamps also as a biker rammed into the front right side of the bumper breaking the whole fog light with its assembly. any suggestions for alto fog light? from where can i get it installed (white fog light). how much would it cost me?
Old 4th October 2009, 10:57   #3379
BHPian

relay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Guys,

Iam using Phillips essential vision 90/100 with roots relay on my swift .

The problem is the low beam has stopped working, Both of them ! But the high beam and parking lights are working well .

What might be the problem ??
i am not geting the point that what is the use of relay in the circuit. i was told to get a relay installed to my car horn. pls help !!
Old 4th October 2009, 12:05   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i am not geting the point that what is the use of relay in the circuit. i was told to get a relay installed to my car horn. pls help !!
Higher wattage necessitate higher current (in amperes) which can ruin the switch. With a relay, the switch passes only a fraction of the current for actuating the relay which conducts the actual current to the load.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:31   #3381
BHPian

White fog light, do you mean HID based fog lights ?

It will not be a good option to drive with in foggy weather as it will not give good visibility.

anyway those should be available at any dealer on delhi, pricing may differ a lot between them, you'll have to visit a few stores to get comparision though.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:34   #3382
BHPian

fog light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
White fog light, do you mean HID based fog lights ?

It will not be a good option to drive with in foggy weather as it will not give good visibility.

anyway those should be available at any dealer on delhi, pricing may differ a lot between them, you'll have to visit a few stores to get comparision though.
i dont mean HID. what i mean to say is the glass of the fog light should be white. and does maruti suzuki keep fog lights as accessories?
Old 5th October 2009, 17:53   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Baleno problem partially solved.

1) Earlier when I posted issues with Baleno headlight, nobody was able to point out which is the screw/adjuster for adjusting the height of beam. Then one day, thought that let me take the risk. When rjstyles mentioned that there is a screw just atop the assembly, I tried to locate the same on the assembly, but could not figure out that.

2) There is a plastic bolt located at the end of assembly. That from day 1 looked like its adjuster. No. 8 open spanner is required to rotate it. Worked with left headlamp assembly first. Rotated the bolt towards left, i.e. I was standing in front of the car, and then rotated the bolt left side. There was improvement!

Next it was turn of right side headlamp assembly. Rotated the bolt over towards right thinking that it might be design such that one has to rotate the bolt away from engine. I soon realized that this was disaster. On the Himmatnagar trip that we had to undertake, its was horrible to say the least.

Yesterday, rotated the bolt of right headlamp assembly towards left, and there was improvement.

Currently I have not taken any ride, but the height has gone up of beam. There is a wall around 10-15 feet away from where we park our car, I noticed that the height has gone up of beam. Finally now I can get the perfect setting I want.
whats the unsolved issue? there is marking on the light assembly telling you which side to rotate for your requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i dont mean HID. what i mean to say is the glass of the fog light should be white. and does maruti suzuki keep fog lights as accessories?
Have you damaged the for light assembly? most probably you are having a short circuit in the light assembly due to it. buying it from maruti will be a costly option.

Last edited by gigy : 5th October 2009 at 17:56.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:07   #3384
BHPian

just wanted to know if i installed the 90/100 bulbs in my NHC will it spoil the headlight assembly glass(actually it is not glass but some glasss sort of material) please advice as i have see most of the cars with upgeaded bulbs tht they fog up.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:08   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Hey ZENnist,

Did you have this problem with ur stock bulbs too ? You should be checking with maruti guys whether the adjustment is level is good and works similar to the other zens. you can check it by urself by visiting them during closing hours. And then i have not come across 100/110 bulbs from philips rally. unless, you brought extremepower or similar class bulbs. You might want to check on that too

Hey Blackbeast, thanks for the reply. was not around for a week, so could not look at the forum. coming to the point, i remember that the beam throw was much better in stock bulb, esp. in high beam. when i toook the car to mandovi, they did park it in front of a wall where markings were done indicating the low/high beam levels. but they were not able to match it accordingly and simply said that its the max we can adjust manually since it comes with the leveller.

and reg. the bulbs, its genuine Philips rally 110/100 which i bought from AK traders in JC road. in fact i have also not come across this rating in the forum earlier. but i still have the packets and the bill and both places it clearly says 110/100. and since AK traders is the authorized stockiest / distributor for philips, i believe i am not cheated.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:18   #3386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
just wanted to know if i installed the 90/100 bulbs in my NHC will it spoil the headlight assembly glass(actually it is not glass but some glasss sort of material) please advice as i have see most of the cars with upgeaded bulbs tht they fog up.
Yes and No. Certain acrylic/plastic lens covers in new cars are prone to fading, brown spots if one uses higher wattage halogens, especially if you do lot of night drives. So check with other NHC owners before you decide.

Fogging part can be avoided if you fix the rubber dust/water cover behind the headlights properly when you replace the bulb.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:40   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes and No. Certain acrylic/plastic lens covers in new cars are prone to fading, brown spots if one uses higher wattage halogens, especially if you do lot of night drives. So check with other NHC owners before you decide.
Jaggu, What about the Swift? I really dont want to take the plunge for a higger wattage bulb for my Swift. I have seen my friends' Verna lens cover fading due to higher wattage bulb. Are you running OEM setup on your Swift for headlights??
Old 6th October 2009, 23:53   #3388
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely 100% OEM for me, from iKON to Swift D it was a tremendous improvement and the head light level adjusting and fog lights are good enough for my needs, diesel has better illumination compared to petrol swifts. Yes brown spots come up in swift lens but general dullness i havent come across yet.
Old 7th October 2009, 08:34   #3389
BHPian

Hi Team,

Any one has any suggestions on Flosser 100/90 W H4 Blubs.

I am thinking of upgrading to them for my Esteem and want to check if someone has been using those on this forum.

Awaiting Suggestions from the Masters !
Old 8th October 2009, 15:59   #3390
BHPian

I need to buy Philips Xtreme Power H1 & H7 in Pune. Please suggest me a good shop.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks