Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 19:25   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I replaced stock halonix of my ikon tdci with new philips xtreme power +80% a month ago.
How much did it cost per pair in TVM? Did u got any replacement.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:33   #3272
BHPian

jacs, fellow tbhpian Holyghost was kind enough to get me a pair from bangalore for 800 bucks .In TVM, the cost is 1200-1400 rs.AS i dont have bill with me,dont know whether i get a replacement.
Old 5th September 2009, 20:12   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Hi friends,

I went in for the 100/90 bulbs on my Hyundai Accent petrol and fitted the following accessories:

Roots harness with ceramic holders - Rs. 470.
Roots relay - Rs. 150.
Bulbs - Philips Rally 100/90 - Rs. 145 each.

Bulbs - Philips Rally 130/100 would have cost me Rs. 190 each.

The auto elec fit the female socket in the left bulb's holder...put the new roots holder in the left socket. he connected the other new roots holder to the right headlight socket. The existing right holder will now play a dummy. So the old wires are still being used to connect the 100/90 bulb but new relay would be used. he also identified a slight leak in coolant and fixed it using anabond.

The lights are working great now. If i muster the courage in a few months, i will go in for 130/100 next!

The mechanic is a pal. He works with Hyundai A.S.S. and doesnt do freelancing. Gave him Rs. 250 and a pack of Dunhill cigarettes along with some free legal help though even i do not do freelancing

Cheers,
Harsha Chandra Shekar

Hi Harsha,

Could you please let me know from where it is setup? And hows ur feel till date on the upgrade?
Old 7th September 2009, 09:02   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
jacs, fellow tbhpian Holyghost was kind enough to get me a pair from bangalore for 800 bucks .In TVM, the cost is 1200-1400 rs.AS i dont have bill with me,dont know whether i get a replacement.
@ bullboy, Thanks for the update. You should be getting a replacement, its just a month use and that too on stock kit.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:23   #3275
BHPian

new 100/90 for civic

Want to know if anyone knows where I can get my civic lamps upgraded to 100/90? My regular place on JC Road bangalore says that he cant do it. If anyone has got it done elsewhere please let me know.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:34   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Dear All,

Believe me I have no clue on Accents specs since sed rarely when in native. Need your advice here, expecting the car to be in Bangalore by coming weekend. Need to cure the visibility problem without digging a hole in my Wallet.

Some questions that pass on my mind are...
1) How much would he assembly cost incase for replacement?
2) Will Nightbreaker be preferred over high wattage with relays?
3) Can a makeover be done for the bumper lights too?
I have an accent GLS and had the lamps upgraded to 100/90 more than a year back. It was very bad with the stock setup and no wonder your driver complains.
I paid 950 to get the setup changed (incl of labor + wiring kit + bulbs + wires etc). So far no issues.

I think for the bumper lamps its a different setup and might cost you something similar
Old 7th September 2009, 10:41   #3277
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Want to know if anyone knows where I can get my civic lamps upgraded to 100/90? My regular place on JC Road bangalore says that he cant do it. If anyone has got it done elsewhere please let me know.
For the Civic, it will be difficult as you have a H7 setup for the headlamps, i.e, seperate bulbs for low and high beams, which is why the regular place on JC Road is not willing to do it. Why don't you talk to your dealer to see if he can help with an upgrade.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:37   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
I have an accent GLS and had the lamps upgraded to 100/90 more than a year back. It was very bad with the stock setup and no wonder your driver complains.
I paid 950 to get the setup changed (incl of labor + wiring kit + bulbs + wires etc). So far no issues.

I think for the bumper lamps its a different setup and might cost you something similar
Thanks ash_blore, from where you got it done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
For the Civic, it will be difficult as you have a H7 setup for the headlamps, i.e, seperate bulbs for low and high beams, which is why the regular place on JC Road is not willing to do it. Why don't you talk to your dealer to see if he can help with an upgrade.
I have done this on my Palio which comes with different bulbs for high and low beam. Set up is similiar to any other, but the relays are different and offcourse the holders too. The complete setup including 4 bulbs, relays, metal clip instead of holders and cabling with labour costed below 2K. Got it done from Green Tracks, Madiwala since FIAT A.S.S Concorde refuced to do it. Give a check on 080 41206376/77.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:08   #3279
BHPian

HID fog lamp upgrade for CEDIA SPORTS

I am looking at upgrading the fog lamps on my CEDIA to HID (3000-4000K).
Can anyone suggest me the appropriate projector assembly is available in Bangalore for CEDIA
Will I need additional relays for upgrading to HID?

I am running with Philips XtremePower on headlamp as I did not want to tamper my original electrical during warranty period. That alone does not suffice for highway driving
Old 7th September 2009, 17:43   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thanks ash_blore, from where you got it done?

Any decent auto acc shop will be able to do it. I got it done on JC road in bangalore at my friend's shop. If you are interested, PM me for number and address
Old 7th September 2009, 18:59   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has upgraded Fiesta headlamps to 100/90 or 100/80 ? Stock bulbs are 55/55 H1 and H7 (2 different bulbs for high and low beams). I checked and found Philips has 100 and 80 watts in the same spec, costing 1200/. Someone suggested OSRAM nightbreaker too. Any tips ? numbers to contact ? Thanks.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:45   #3282
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am contemplating an upgrade for my Punto.

I am considering Phillips x-treme or Osram Bightbreakers. Problem is what about their performance in fog / rains?

I do not want to go for anything higher than 55/60w.

Thanks in advance
Old 8th September 2009, 11:40   #3283
BHPian

I have been searching for Philips Xtreme Power or Osram NightBreaker to replace the bulbs in my car at Hyderabad but have been unable to find them below 1,200 for a set.

Seeking the help of other Team-Bhpians to a reasonably priced genuine shop.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:00   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Why for heavens sake would you want to do that?! The Laura's lights are darn good and it is best to leave them alone. (I am presuming that the Elegance comes with Xenons for low beam). In fact it is wise to leave the electricals and electronics on the Skodas well enough alone.

Cheers,
I got a Skoda Laura Elegance facelifted model and i find the head lights to be extremely good. The Laura Elegance does not come with the xenon. Unless you are looking for the bling factor, i don't think xenon's are required. Please don't go in for a higher wattage bulb. I am looking at upgrading to Night breakrs for the hi-beam. Any advice on that?

Last edited by arunjohnpaul : 8th September 2009 at 14:03. Reason: additional info
Old 8th September 2009, 16:13   #3285
Senior - BHPian

Hi I am new to T-Bhp and a complete noob about Auto-Lighting. I have few queries.
My i10 Magna Stock headlamp light is pathetic. In areas without street light i find it very difficult to navigate in nights. Moreover, it doesnt have Fog lights which makes my night driving miserable. Currently my night drive (from office to Home ~ 8KM) is run on "Human GPS" + Guesstimates + Luck.

Kindly Suggest me ways and means to improve its Lighting. Can i Install OEM Fog lamps? Would they serve the purpose ?.
In the event of upgraded Headlamps (read increased wattage), will it hamper my battey ? (I am running 2 Amps)

Kindly suggest the me few better alternatives at reasonable cost (ya, dont expect me to spend more than 15k on lighting)

[COLOR=black]P.S: Human GPS is a mechanism by which humans develop GPS capability through continuous usage of particular Roadway. However this may fail miserably during rains/floods/Government actions (PWD Dept)[/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks