Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 18:23   #1771
BHPian

hey gopinathan,

Dont they have a shorter life as compared to the stock lamps?? How long do you have em on, any problems so far??
Old 7th June 2008, 00:26   #1772
BHPian

Can i use Osram Night breaker for my safari 2.2? Do i need to put any relay?
Do i need to change the bulb holder? Please somebody message me fast cos i am going to buy one on saturday.

I have spoken to the dealer and its around Rs.1600/-

Regards
Deepak
Old 7th June 2008, 08:20   #1773
BHPian

Someone please post pics of the light spread with silverstar. Are the white bulbs or yellow ?
Old 7th June 2008, 19:52   #1774
BHPian

Help !

Palio 1.6 Narva upgrade (high beams only)

After changing the High beams on my Palio 1.6 to 90/100w I am facing chronic light alignment issues. Took it to Green Tracks, Bangalore to get it fixed. He charged me 56/- bucks and guess what the alignment is all over the place. He said thats all he could do. Nothing against GT but I think they are not very good at this.

The problem is the left high beam lands about 3 feet from my bumper and the right one..I don't know where it lands. Plus the low beams are looking towards the right (dangerous) and are behaving like highs. So I am compensating using the head lamp level adjuster.

I am feeling so depressed that I tampered with factory settings. Is there a way I can wash away my paap. Please help !! Any pro head light adjuster in Bangy?

Gurus bless me !
Old 8th June 2008, 09:37   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post

After changing the High beams on my Palio 1.6 to 90/100w I am facing chronic light alignment issues. Took it to Green Tracks, Bangalore to get it fixed. He charged me 56/- bucks and guess what the alignment is all over the place. He said thats all he could do. Nothing against GT but I think they are not very good at this.

The problem is the left high beam lands about 3 feet from my bumper and the right one..I don't know where it lands. Plus the low beams are looking towards the right (dangerous) and are behaving like highs. So I am compensating using the head lamp level adjuster.

Similar experience with light adjustment with folks at Green Tracks. They could not get it right.

I then had to do trial & error myself and then eventually it is a lot better than what it was previously.
Old 8th June 2008, 16:14   #1776
Team-BHP Support

meremortal, open up your car manual and adjust the lights yourself. Why do you want to pay someone for it.
As for your problem, I suspect the bulb is not set properly. Do you see light moving when you hit a bump.
Old 8th June 2008, 17:34   #1777

I'm a Newbie and need your advice.

Hai guys, i am a newbie and this is my first post. I will own a Swift VDi (Azure Grey) in about a week's time. And i need your advice on changing the lights on my car to after market ones.

I'm planning to do these :
1. Headlights to angel eyes with HID.
2. Fog lamps to HID.
3. Tail lights to LED type.
4. Underbody NEON lights (i prefer red).

I need your advice on:
1. Brands, specifications and consequences (of changing from OEM stuff).
2. Prices (in cochin*).
3. Where to buy (in cochin*).

*All replies are welcome, just that those in cochin are easier for me.

I also intend to install Alloys and ICE (15k budget for each). Spoiler, bumpers/skirts and graphics will follow if i have any savings left. Please advice me on these too. I hope i did not break any form rules asking for these in the lighting section. Sorry If i did, MODS.
Old 9th June 2008, 09:54   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
Palio 1.6 Narva upgrade (high beams only)

After changing the High beams on my Palio 1.6 to 90/100w I am facing chronic light alignment issues.
try Manipal motors for a change... they had set it right in my 1.2 when i changed from stock to OSRAM silverstar bulbs..

also, could you please tell me where did you buy Narva bulbs...

FIAT, always....
Old 9th June 2008, 13:17   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Nice site for HID comparison etc
HID XENON HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KITS

5000K, 8000K etc difference pic.
High/ Low Beam HID Xenon Conversion Kits
Old 9th June 2008, 14:00   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
meremortal, open up your car manual and adjust the lights yourself. Why do you want to pay someone for it.
As for your problem, I suspect the bulb is not set properly. Do you see light moving when you hit a bump.

No the light does not move when I hit a bump. Will try setting it myself. Thanks
Old 9th June 2008, 17:10   #1781
Senior - BHPian

The damn headlight relays on my Baleno gets drenched and conk off frequently. It happened once while returning from a long distance trip when a MSRTC bus splashed lake full of water on my car. Luckily only the low beam relay went off and since then I carry a bunch of spare relays . Today, the low beam stopped working again. Had a look and was not surprised to find reason for the failure was that the relay has spoon full of water inside it!!

Coming to the solution, how do I prevent water from seeping into the relays? (Bosch type with 5 pins). For now, I have wrapped the relays in a plastic bag and sealed off one end with electrical insulation tape. But I doubt whether this will be effective, considering that moisture tends to build up inside the plastic bag itself over a period of time.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:32   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The damn headlight relays on my Baleno gets drenched and conk off frequently. It happened once while returning from a long distance trip when a MSRTC bus splashed lake full of water on my car. Luckily only the low beam relay went off and since then I carry a bunch of spare relays . Today, the low beam stopped working again. Had a look and was not surprised to find reason for the failure was that the relay has spoon full of water inside it!!

Coming to the solution, how do I prevent water from seeping into the relays? (Bosch type with 5 pins). For now, I have wrapped the relays in a plastic bag and sealed off one end with electrical insulation tape. But I doubt whether this will be effective, considering that moisture tends to build up inside the plastic bag itself over a period of time.
Where are the relays placed now? I think re locating them where the chances of getting them wet are less would be the ideal solution.
Old 10th June 2008, 11:24   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Where are the relays placed now? I think re locating them where the chances of getting them wet are less would be the ideal solution.
They are right next to the firewall. Now I have moved them as close to the battery/fuse box as possible, because thats possibly the driest area in the engine compartment. I will also check if water is leaking from the top near the firewall.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:19   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
They are right next to the firewall. Now I have moved them as close to the battery/fuse box as possible, because thats possibly the driest area in the engine compartment. I will also check if water is leaking from the top near the firewall.
You have got me worried now!The relays in my car are also placed near the firewall

But the water should not have reached there in the first place right?
Old 10th June 2008, 12:47   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
hey gopinathan,

Dont they have a shorter life as compared to the stock lamps?? How long do you have em on, any problems so far??
I had Crystal vision for the past 10 months, still working, however I wanted more light and went for Narva 100/90. It has been 2 weeks I have put them, have to see how long it works. I think if we use more low-high beam for signalling it will blow out soon.

Most Viewed