Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 12:52   #9271
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi Kalinga,
Since you are from Pune, can you please share that which accessories shop you prefer for your lighting needs and for other mods as well. ?
Hi divyankar,

Even I am Waiting for Kalinga's reply.

In the interim, you can take my 2cents.

You can try a showroom at Baner. Near VITS hotel. Adjacent to Radha/Radhika hotel.

Another option is a shop at Pimple Saudagar. Take the road to Rahatani from Konkane chowk to Vijay sales. Its the first shop in that complex. Has some good collection of HIDs with projectors. Can do it on order as well.

There is another shop on the opposite side of cupid, some 500M ahead. A big shop with branded & unbranded accessories.

Intentionally not writing the names. Don't want to make mods angry for any infringements.

I live in Wakad, hence my scope is restricted to this side of town.

Regards,
Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 5th September 2015 at 12:56.
Old 8th September 2015, 12:38   #9272

I have been looking for a suitable alternative to the existing headlights on my WagonR which are JUST not sufficient during my yearly pilgrimages through the Western Ghats. So I went shopping down Milan Subway intending to put in a pair of powerful fog-lights. The shopkeeper quoted 4k for a pair but upon hearing my requirement, asked me to try out 100/90 bulbs. I have been hearing it is illegal but he vehemently denied the same. So i decided to try it on and got a pair of Hella Rally Extra Bright H4 12V 100/90W (Shopkeeper: Rally waala gaadi me bhi yahi use hota hai saab ) which cost 1500 bucks with wiring and installation. I cant really bargain much but did get a Rs.250/- mobile charger thrown in and paid 1600 for everything. Also tipped the mechanic handsomely as he ironed out a few other minor niggles in addition to installing the lights.

The light output is extremely better than my stock bulbs and I am more than satisfied. I was dreaming of projectors or LEDs but I find yellow light better suited for my visibility during heavy rains in the ghats. Also, i wasn't too keen on spending a bomb without being too sure.

As for the legal issue, it's been a week and I have driven extensively through the western as well as the eastern express highways... even late at nights through sparse traffic and have passed many cops (have even been stopped for alcohol tests) but no one has questioned the headlights so far.

Plus, i don't know if it's worth mentioning but I got my car serviced yesterday at Sai Service and even the SA didn't ask about the additional wiring. By the way, if anyone's looking for Philips X-tremeVision, Sai service Andheri has them in stock for 600 bucks a piece.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:36   #9273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can you give details about the brand, cost and effectiveness of the 55w bulbs? I think foglamp rating and wiring (?) are same for Ertiga and Swift. If so, then I might consider getting 55w halogens with better wiring, if needed.
I got those fog lamp bulbs from Nana peth area. the shop name is malik automobiles. Even you can try other shops in Nana peth area.
You must find a suitable replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi Kalinga,
Since you are from Pune, can you please share that which accessories shop you prefer for your lighting needs and for other mods as well.
And I am also planning for projector head lamps for my duster, I already have installed Osram Hids (4300K) for my low beams which I feel is not performing to its 100% without projector head lamps.
Any recommendations for projector headlamps?
Answered above. Destination is Nana Peth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hi divyankar,

Even I am Waiting for Kalinga's reply.

In the interim, you can take my 2cents.

You can try a showroom at Baner. Near VITS hotel. Adjacent to Radha/Radhika hotel.

Regards,
Saurabh.
Saurab, i suggest stay away from CarX (near radha hotel). very pricy.
Tried that shop multiple times. Not worth.
Seems they are collecting the premium from customer for their huge investment.

Car Cupid in Pashan is good but costly in some product. The owner have knowledge what he is selling.

Bargain with him for discount.

In Nana Peth you may not get the discount, but you have many option to choose from. Be aware for duplicate products.

For my Auxiliary lamp installation, i took help from a shop called "Sagar Electricals" from "Narayan Peth" area.

Quite a small shop but an experienced guy. He knows his job well. Very very satisfied with their work. You can get the shop information in this forum.

Even they stock some bulbs and electrical components. Ask him, he will help you to source any electrical product.

Note: I do not have any business / personal relation with any of the shop mentioned above. just for information only.

Last edited by KALINGA : 8th September 2015 at 13:38.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:19   #9274
BHPian

Guys, can someone please point me to a good shop(in gurgaon) for upgrading stock bulbs in my sx4? A relay and better bulbs would do, I am not ready to spend a bomb on it....

The sooner the better...because I have an off today, and I am planning for a weekend highway trip on coming weekend..
Old 8th September 2015, 14:23   #9275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, can someone please point me to a good shop (in gurgaon) for upgrading stock bulbs in my sx4? A relay and better bulbs would do, I am not ready to spend a bomb on it.
Get a 100/90W upgrade done. Will cost you around 1700 bucks.

Bulbs: Philips Rally 100/90 H4
Wiring harness : Hella 130/100W kit.

This job will take you 15-20 minutes and is reversible if you don't want it. No splicing or tapering the OEM harness.
Old 9th September 2015, 10:14   #9276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
For my Auxiliary lamp installation, i took help from a shop called "Sagar Electricals" from "Narayan Peth" area.

Quite a small shop but an experienced guy. He knows his job well. Very very satisfied with their work. You can get the shop information in this forum.

Even they stock some bulbs and electrical components. Ask him, he will help you to source any electrical product.
Hi Kalinga, could you please help me out with the full address of sagar electricals as I couldnt find it in Google.All i am getting is of hardware stores. Any nearby landmark or coordinates will be appreciated as i am not well versed with the roads of Pune.Thanks in advance.
I need to install the Hella Rallye 3003 on my swift.
Old 9th September 2015, 12:37   #9277
BHPian

Any idea on where I could get some 881 H27 specification bulbs for my fog lamps in Bengaluru.

Even though they seem like they are turned on, I hardly see any light on the road.

Looking for an upgrade. No white colour HID's please.

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 9th September 2015, 14:01   #9278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hi Kalinga, could you please help me out with the full address of sagar electricals as I couldnt find it in Google.All i am getting is of hardware stores. Any nearby landmark or coordinates will be appreciated as i am not well versed with the roads of Pune.Thanks in advance.
I need to install the Hella Rallye 3003 on my swift.
Sorry guys, the shop name is "SHARAD Electricals".

That shop has already listed in our own Team-BHP Directory

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...cals-pune.html

you can give reference of a white Ertiga fitted with Auxiliary lamp.
Call him and take the appointment.

Last edited by KALINGA : 9th September 2015 at 14:02.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 16:40   #9279
BHPian

Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Could you please suggest some good auto shops in and around JP Nagar/South B'lore for sourcing 'Hella Rally Extra Bright H4 12V 100/90W' bulbs and the wiring harness 'Hella 130/100W Kit' for our swift VDi.

It would be great, if the guy can do the installation also.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:04   #9280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Any idea on where I could get some 881 H27 specification bulbs for my fog lamps in Bengaluru.

Even though they seem like they are turned on, I hardly see any light on the road.

Looking for an upgrade. No white colour HID's please.

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Which car?

The problem could be with the alignment of the fog lamps. Maybe they are pointed upwards because of which you are not happy with the illumination.

In 880/881/H27 bulb type there are not much upgrade options available. Only way to get a satisfactory improvement is via the HID route. I have done the same in my i20 and am mighty impressed with the results.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 08:32   #9281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Which car?

The problem could be with the alignment of the fog lamps. Maybe they are pointed upwards because of which you are not happy with the illumination.

In 880/881/H27 bulb type there are not much upgrade options available. Only way to get a satisfactory improvement is via the HID route. I have done the same in my i20 and am mighty impressed with the results.

Car is a Dec 2014 Fluidic Verna.

Absolutely terrible set of lights for such an expensive car. The only grouse I have with this car.

I had ordered a set of OEM Projector Headlights from Korea (via my friend). So was looking to upgrade the fogs as well.

Now that I have spent quite a bit of money on the headlights, I think I will have to hold off for a while to upgrade to HID's.

Planning to go HID's on both Headlights as well as the fogs.
Old 11th September 2015, 08:58   #9282
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai is one of the few manufacturers who use the 880/881/H27 in the fogs.

Like i said before, check the alignment of the lamps first. Then think of an upgrade.

Decent 880/881 HID kits + Relay harness can be found for around 50$ on Aliexpress, EBay and the likes. Those are more than sufficient for the fogs. Just ensure you go for color temperature less than or equal to 4300K
Old 14th September 2015, 11:39   #9283
BHPian

Re: 100/90 Hella for swift VDi in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Could you please suggest some good auto shops in and around JP Nagar/South B'lore for sourcing 'Hella Rally Extra Bright H4 12V 100/90W' bulbs and the wiring harness 'Hella 130/100W Kit' for our swift VDi.

It would be great, if the guy can do the installation also.
You may check in Konark accessories shop on jayanagar east end main Road. they have good collection and good staff for installation. Reasonable Pricing.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 14:42   #9284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hyundai is one of the few manufacturers who use the 880/881/H27 in the fogs.

Like i said before, check the alignment of the lamps first. Then think of an upgrade.

Decent 880/881 HID kits + Relay harness can be found for around 50$ on Aliexpress, EBay and the likes. Those are more than sufficient for the fogs. Just ensure you go for color temperature less than or equal to 4300K

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Did like you advised. Went to advaith hyundai and got it done. Had a terrible time driving back in the rains last night from Mangalore. Still no changes. It's as pathetic as before.

Can you provide a link for the HID kit for the fog lamps. Unable to find it on aliexpress.

About color temperature, I'm sticking to 4300K. I'm not a big fan of the White lights.
Old 14th September 2015, 16:35   #9285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Did like you advised. Went to advaith hyundai and got it done. Had a terrible time driving back in the rains last night from Mangalore. Still no changes. It's as pathetic as before.

Can you provide a link for the HID kit for the fog lamps. Unable to find it on aliexpress.

About color temperature, I'm sticking to 4300K. I'm not a big fan of the White lights.
Check this out

HID KIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/35W-55W-HID-...57e059&vxp=mtr

Harness-
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...59&needQuery=y
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks