Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 14:16   #9346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Usually halogens will be in the 4300k-5000k color temperature range.
Usually halogen bulbs comes around 3200k-3300k color temperature for stock halogen bulbs. There are performance bulbs like Osram night breaker unlimited and Philips Extreme vision series which offers good beam throw say more than 100% than stock bulbs and also comes with slightly whitish color temperature around 3600-3700k range.
There are bulbs with blue coat for more whitish brightness available from 4300k-5000k however they aren't any better when it comes to misty or rainy days. What happens is that the temperature more than 4200k will actually poor in penetrating the smog and rains thus hamper visibility. Human eyes can catch up the best color temperature if it is below 4200k. Anything above is going be fancy but one would struggle to view them during rainy nights.

Also another suggestion is, to know the bulb type of the headlight in the car. They range wide from H1....H7. Predominantly cars have H4 if they are single barrel headlight with both high and low beam in the same bulb. Also cars come with H1(high) & H7(low) for double barrel.
Old 30th October 2015, 14:36   #9347
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I would like to replace the pilot lamp which is a T10 w5w bulb to the OSRAM Cool White LED Bulbs. I am having difficulty to remove the T10. I tried to remove them by pulling the wire, no use. I tried rotating them. They rotate freely. No use. Any suggestions?
Old 30th October 2015, 15:17   #9348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
I would like to replace the pilot lamp which is a T10 w5w bulb to the OSRAM Cool White LED Bulbs. I am having difficulty to remove the T10. I tried to remove them by pulling the wire, no use. I tried rotating them. They rotate freely. No use. Any suggestions?
Is the bulb holder freely rotating? Please avoid pulling the wire. Try dodging sideways to see if that releases from the mount. You'll need to be careful because if any over weight applied might damage the unit.

Why don't you try Philips 360° vision 4000k warm light T10 Led(w5w)? It's awesome and match close to your headlight color temperature. Cool white will be more towards bluish tinge. Check the pics I have attached for your reference. They are not yellow they are not white but in between.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1446198258607.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1446198298777.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1446198335547.jpg  

Old 30th October 2015, 19:07   #9349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Is the bulb holder freely rotating? Please avoid pulling the wire. Try dodging sideways to see if that releases from the mount. You'll need to be careful because if any over weight applied might damage the unit.

Why don't you try Philips 360° vision 4000k warm light T10 Led(w5w)? It's awesome and match close to your headlight color temperature. Cool white will be more towards bluish tinge. Check the pics I have attached for your reference. They are not yellow they are not white but in between.
Hi bro, actually I am using OSRAM nightbreaker plus bulbs in my i20. They are 4300k. Almost white but with a yellow hue. I want to cover up that. So installing these. These leds also produce 50LM like your philips leds but color is more whitish.

I tried to wiggle it, no use. How you changed the pilots in your car?
Old 30th October 2015, 21:21   #9350
BHPian

Quote:
Hi bro, actually I am using OSRAM nightbreaker plus bulbs in my i20. They are 4300k. Almost white but with a yellow hue. I want to cover up that. So installing these. These leds also produce 50LM like your philips leds but color is more whitish.

I tried to wiggle it, no use. How you changed the pilots in your car?
The bulb holder locking might differ from vehicle to vehicle. First I located the pilot lamp socket, all I had to do is twist to find which was it is being tightened and release slowly. If you're a DIY person can do with little care, or any garage mechanic would help. In your case, I would suggest you visit garage in case if you finding it challenging to remove the pilot lamps.

As i recall, Osram Night breaker Plus Unlimited(latest from Osram) produces only 3900k as I read specs. So having 4000k pilot led will be close enough is my thought unless you still wanted cool white LEDs.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1446219470486.jpg  

Old 31st October 2015, 10:37   #9351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
The bulb holder locking might differ from vehicle to vehicle. First I located the pilot lamp socket, all I had to do is twist to find which was it is being tightened and release slowly. If you're a DIY person can do with little care, or any garage mechanic would help. In your case, I would suggest you visit garage in case if you finding it challenging to remove the pilot lamps.

As i recall, Osram Night breaker Plus Unlimited(latest from Osram) produces only 3900k as I read specs. So having 4000k pilot led will be close enough is my thought unless you still wanted cool white LEDs.
Sorry bro, it was a osram cool blue intense 4200K
Old 31st October 2015, 10:46   #9352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the bulb holder made of rubber or plastic? If its made of rubber (I'm guessing because you say it rotates) you just have to pull it out. Get a grip on the holder and not the wires and pull, should come out. Replace the bulb, reverse polarity if it doesnt turn on then push it back.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 13:51   #9353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Is the bulb holder made of rubber or plastic? If its made of rubber (I'm guessing because you say it rotates) you just have to pull it out. Get a grip on the holder and not the wires and pull, should come out. Replace the bulb, reverse polarity if it doesnt turn on then push it back.
It is made of plastic. Black plastic. the bulb holder turns inside that hole freely. It is like some locking mechanism is there

Figured out it. Pulling it out won't work at all. We need to wiggle it side by side simultaneously while pulling it. 2 plastic locks are there which holds it in place. Wiggles loosens the locks. Thus we can remove the holder.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st November 2015 at 11:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 13:28   #9354
BHPian

Any good replacements for H27 881/880 Bulbs?
I need to upgrade the Fog Lamps in my i20. Stock bulbs are very feeble. Any suggestions? I wont be going for HID!

Also, can I put a higher wattage bulb in the foglamp housing without damaging the wiring? The stock bulbs are 20W I guess
Old 1st November 2015, 15:02   #9355
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried GE Megalight Ultra +120 bulbs? They seem very similar to the Xtremevision series and much cheaper than the competition.

H4 pair cost Rs1120 after 40% cashback : Rs687
https://paytm.com/shop/p/ge-megaligh...CA212827B0A0DE

H7 pair cost Rs 1020 after 30%cahsback : Rs714
https://paytm.com/shop/p/ge-megaligh...A21282FC096A48
Old 1st November 2015, 16:52   #9356
BHPian

I need 2 pairs of H7 bulbs for my Jetta. I have shortlisted crystal vision, X-tremevision and whitevision from Philips in 55W category.

Philips India site shows whitevision to be 4100k and crystalvision to be 4300k whereas powerbulbs.com is showing both to be 4300k with whitevision giving 1500 lumens and crystal somewhere around 1140.

I want a healthy mix of style and visibility. I am thinking of going for the X-treme for the high beam and whitevision/crystalvision for the low beam.

Basically I want some whiteness in my light with decent visibility options. I don't plan for HIDs, higher wattage or any wiring changes. Just want plug and play solution.

Can anybody provide me the suggestions ?

Driving is going to be mostly city based.
Old 1st November 2015, 16:57   #9357
BHPian

My 2015 petrol Swift's headlights do not have much throw in low beam even at the highest leveller setting so need to raise them a little bit. I have attached a picture of the rear of the headlight. Is that creamish coloured plastic screw the one used for vertical adjustment? It is next to the connector for what might be the leveller motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Has anyone tried GE Megalight Ultra +120 bulbs? They seem very similar to the Xtremevision series and much cheaper than the competition.
Have you ordered them? Please let us know how they perform if you do. I've been seeing these on other online stores as well. Never read any review of them so never ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1446377205979.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2015, 00:17   #9358
BHPian

My left HID lights are not working. I interchanged the bulbs as well as ballasts. Everything's fine. They work perfectly on the right side. Is there something wrong with the wiring? The wiring is very complex. How do I pin point the error?
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:40   #9359
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Is that creamish coloured plastic screw the one used for vertical adjustment? It is next to the connector for what might be the leveller motor.
Hey Sid,

Here is the picture of the headlight in our Swift where the two screw's bring out adjustment. I have circled them in yellow. Have a look:

Screw 1: For horizontal adjustment;
Screw 2: For vertical adjustment.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20151101_235401.jpg
Old 2nd November 2015, 09:42   #9360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Sid,

Here is the picture of the headlight in our Swift where the two screw's bring out adjustment. I have circled them in yellow. Have a look:

Screw 1: For horizontal adjustment;
Screw 2: For vertical adjustment.

Attachment 1434370
Thanks, Anurag. You seem to have attached a picture of the right side headlight while I have of the left. The plastic screw that I had labeled in my picture seems to be in the same spot as yours, right next to the leveller motor connector, but has a different design. However I tried turning it by hand but it didn't budge. Maybe I need a proper tool or there is some lock in place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks