Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 08:40   #9196
BHPian

@ alpha here - where from and how did you procure the bulbs? I have zeroed in on the same pair but couldn't find a reliable source in India. Any inputs where to buy online in India?
Old 12th August 2015, 13:15   #9197
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
@Sid : Please contribute to the above question if you could. Thanks
I asked at two shops that stock bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision Plus, WeatherVision and EssentialVision (the latter two are 100/90W) if my bulbs are genuine and they said they are. Maybe the Rally is no longer being made in Europe. The EssentialVision 100/90W (blue tint glass) was made in Poland as was the Xtreme Vision Plus.

Bought Philips wiring harness for 950 rupees since I couldn't find the Hella made one. Did install myself. Took me 45 minutes mainly because I was looking for the right place to mount the relay and ground connections. I still have to relocate the relay and cable that goes from the relay to the right headlight, the longer one.

As for performance, I didn't really see a dramatic difference. Maybe the bulbs aren't that good or maybe my eyesight isn't that great. Please see the attached pictures. Not much data for comparison there but it might give you an idea. Forget to click picture of the stock bulbs' throw and spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Philips Xtreme Vision Plus +130% H4 60/55W

The only downside is that in absolute money terms it costs 3 times as much as a 100/90W normal bulb!
About 800 rupees, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
@ alpha here - where from and how did you procure the bulbs? I have zeroed in on the same pair but couldn't find a reliable source in India. Any inputs where to buy online in India?
There is one listing on amazon.in. Looks OK to me. Maybe others can comment.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B010VNE...sbs_1?pi=SS115
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-14959-pm-gmt0530_1439281636509.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-15415-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-14650-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-14536-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-14308-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-12912-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-125357-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-august-11-2015-124129-pm-gmt0530.jpg  

Last edited by Darth Sid : 12th August 2015 at 13:19. Reason: Added link
Darth Sid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 14:21   #9198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
Did install myself. Took me 45 minutes mainly because I was looking for the right place to mount the relay and ground connections. I still have to relocate the relay and cable that goes from the relay to the right headlight, the longer one.
Below the air filter box in my engine bay (Diesel), there is a bracket just behind the radiator, I have found that area empty (No pipes or wires running around) and fit for installation of the relay unit.

Unit looks OK after approximately 15000 kms as I was worried that they may conk of due to heat. No change in headlight functioning.

Do look at that place if it is suitable and I have got rid of cable ties. Used bolts to mount the relay unit. Shall send you pictures by weekend as I am not in Hyderabad to gain access.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th August 2015 at 14:23.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:36   #9199
BHPian

Quote:
I asked at two shops that stock bulbs like Philips Xtreme Vision Plus, WeatherVision and EssentialVision (the latter two are 100/90W) if my bulbs are genuine and they said they are. Maybe the Rally is no longer being made in Europe. The EssentialVision 100/90W (blue tint glass) was made in Poland as was the Xtreme Vision Plus.

Bought Philips wiring harness for 950 rupees since I couldn't find the Hella made one. Did install myself. Took me 45 minutes mainly because I was looking for the right place to mount the relay and ground connections. I still have to relocate the relay and cable that goes from the relay to the right headlight, the longer one.

As for performance, I didn't really see a dramatic difference. Maybe the bulbs aren't that good or maybe my eyesight isn't that great. Please see the attached pictures. Not much data for comparison there but it might give you an idea. Forget to click picture of the stock bulbs' throw and spread.
Thanks Sid, thanks so much for the upgrade. How long have you been using this.
Assume your harness has a ceramic holder. Also are facing any overheating issues or black patches on the headlamp unit.
Old 12th August 2015, 23:19   #9200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
This is how: Now when I turn on the headlights, all the time my one High beam & low beam is on. ie Right Headlight stays at High Beam & Left on Low beam, when I toggle it Right goes on Low beam & Left moves to high beam.
Though this seems stupid but illumination is better.
Anyone else tried this unique setup.
I have observed this on the highway by some tempo and cabs. I find it quite irritating and stupid. The beams are designed for a purpose. When they flash beams, I can see the lights dancing left and right in a serial manner. In low beam, your right light will actually be in low beam whereas the left will be swapped to high beam. Though the situation will improve at your end, it will cause glare to the oncoming vehicle. So please revert back to the original setup.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 15:02   #9201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Below the air filter box in my engine bay (Diesel), there is a bracket just behind the radiator, I have found that area empty (No pipes or wires running around) and fit for installation of the relay unit.

Unit looks OK after approximately 15000 kms as I was worried that they may conk of due to heat. No change in headlight functioning.

Do look at that place if it is suitable and I have got rid of cable ties. Used bolts to mount the relay unit. Shall send you pictures by weekend as I am not in Hyderabad to gain access.
Thanks, Anurag. I'll take a look there when I replace the bulbs with the Osram Bilux Rallye that I ordered, also from ebay. The quality of the German made Bilux does look far better than that of the Philips Rally. I will test and compare the performance. Hopefully, the seller (of the Philips) will accept a return because I have a strong feeling the Osram will perform better. Will most likely do all this on Monday since I am heading to Chandigarh this weekend without my car.

Quote:
Thanks Sid, thanks so much for the upgrade. How long have you been using this.
Assume your harness has a ceramic holder. Also are facing any overheating issues or black patches on the headlamp unit.
I did the install on Monday and haven't driven much since then. I actually took advice from Anurag before doing this since he also has a Swift and he had done 12,000 km with this setup without issue. It seems he has done 15,000 km now and still no degradation of the headlights.

Yes, the Philips harness has ceramic holders so it should do fine. I think the Hella product might have better quality. The DIY doesn't take much time if you can identify the places to mount the relay and route the cabling. Quite easy.
Old 14th August 2015, 15:28   #9202
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Anurag. I'll take a look there when I replace the bulbs with the Osram Bilux Rallye that I ordered, also from ebay. The quality of the German made Bilux does look far better than that of the Philips Rally. I will test and compare the performance. Hopefully, the seller (of the Philips) will accept a return because I have a strong feeling the Osram will perform better. Will most likely do all this on Monday since I am heading to Chandigarh this weekend without my car.

I did the install on Monday and haven't driven much since then. I actually took advice from Anurag before doing this since he also has a Swift and he had done 12,000 km with this setup without issue. It seems he has done 15,000 km now and still no degradation of the headlights.

Yes, the Philips harness has ceramic holders so it should do fine. I think the Hella product might have better quality. The DIY doesn't take much time if you can identify the places to mount the relay and route the cabling. Quite easy.
Few more questions,

Do you know any good 100/90 H4 that I can buy from international market - ebay. Like the German Made Osrams you have mentioned ?

Also a wiring harness kit comes with accessories for both the headlamps right ?
Old 14th August 2015, 15:35   #9203
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have a query.
I am looking to replace my Skoda Rapids Highbeam bulb. This is FY14 Rapid Elegance, with Projector for Low beam,
I have recently put a Genome Xenon Kit for Low beam.
I want to Change the High beam as well, I am thinking of going for Philips Extreme Visio PLUS, for same.

I am not sure what type of Bulb is required, H7 or H8 or H11?
I am getting conflicting information on this..

Next, any reliable Store or FNG, where I can source and get then fitted in Pune?
Old 14th August 2015, 19:09   #9204
BHPian

Quote:
Few more questions,

Do you know any good 100/90 H4 that I can buy from international market - ebay. Like the German Made Osrams you have mentioned ?

Also a wiring harness kit comes with accessories for both the headlamps right ?
EBay might have some listings but I am not sure as to the authenticity of the products. Even Amazon might have some options. I know that German made Osram bulbs are available in India because my Duke 200 came with one from the factory. Powerbulbs is a great UK based site but I could not find a single 100/90W bulb there. Besides the Osram bulbs I ordered there are some made in Poland Philips 100/90W H4 bulbs available on eBay India and local Accessory stores. One is the EssentialVision which has a blue coating for white (or whitish) light and the other is the WeatherVision which has a yellow coating for fog.

The harness is a separate item so has to be bought separately. Not hard to find, though I could not find a Hella made one. I bought mine for 950 INR. So that's 950 + 550 for the bulbs. Osram is cheaper and hopefully better.
Old 14th August 2015, 20:15   #9205
BHPian

Got a couple of bulbs from Philips. HB3 and HB4 which were incredibly hard to find in local market.

Xtremevision. Will post photos install! Hope they come good.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1439563112708435709300.jpg
Old 14th August 2015, 21:20   #9206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Got a couple of bulbs from Philips. HB3 and HB4 which were incredibly hard to find in local market.

Xtremevision. Will post photos install! Hope they come good.
Were you not able to find the XtremeVision Plus +130%?
They should be better than the +100% ones. I think the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited may be available in HB3 format. Not sure, though.
Old 14th August 2015, 23:13   #9207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I want to Change the High beam as well, I am thinking of going for Philips Extreme Visio PLUS, for same.

I am not sure what type of Bulb is required, H7 or H8 or H11?
I am getting conflicting information on this..

Next, any reliable Store or FNG, where I can source and get then fitted in Pune?
Consult your owner's manual, it should have the bulb type specified. It will likely be H7 (most likey), H9 or H11, could be H1 but rule our H3,H4,H8.
If you have a spare set of bulbs in the car (now seem to be mandatory, or standard practice ), check what type they are.

Source the bulbs online, they're usually cheaper than brick-n-mortar stores, and get them swapped at any garage. I'd recommend authorized service centre though, because the headlamps may require refocusing after the change, and that takes a good large empty service bay.
Old 14th August 2015, 23:44   #9208
BHPian

Quote:
Were you not able to find the XtremeVision Plus +130%?
They should be better than the +100% ones. I think the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited may be available in HB3 format. Not sure, though.
I don't think so 130% is available for the 9005/6
Also the Night breakers were a good 2250+ for a pair. And for all four lights were more than double the price of these bulbs.
Old 15th August 2015, 13:19   #9209
BHPian

I could not find that info in the Manual. Its H7 - Checked the Bulb, Physically..
I am getting Philips Xtreme vision +130, for rs.900/- apiece, from a Shop nearby my place, Pune.
I could not get same bulb in H7 type, online..
1 website had it at an absolutely absurd price of Rs.5200/- for a twin pack.

https://www.cart2india.com/electrica...0004306134804/

Let me see, how it goes,, I will have it fitted today evening,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Consult your owner's manual, it should have the bulb type specified. It will likely be H7 (most likey), H9 or H11, could be H1 but rule our H3,H4,H8.
If you have a spare set of bulbs in the car (now seem to be mandatory, or standard practice ), check what type they are.

Source the bulbs online, they're usually cheaper than brick-n-mortar stores, and get them swapped at any garage. I'd recommend authorized service centre though, because the headlamps may require refocusing after the change, and that takes a good large empty service bay.
Old 16th August 2015, 19:20   #9210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I don't think so 130% is available for the 9005/6
Also the Night breakers were a good 2250+ for a pair. And for all four lights were more than double the price of these bulbs.
You're right. I couldn't find a single listing of the XtremeVision +130% in HB3 format. I suppose the +100% was a good option especially since the Osrams are quite expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks