Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 22:21   #9076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
Hi Please do not buy these bulbs. I did buy them from USA on my last trip (3 pairs, H4,H7 and H15). I installed the H7 into my car and believe me these are my worst buys so far. There is absalutely no throw and it is worse than my scooter lights. I did not bother to check the other ones, all in all wasted around 80$.
Only if you use them in projectors. That too will depend on leds used
Old 30th June 2015, 11:58   #9077
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Only if you use them in projectors. That too will depend on leds used
I have an XUV 5oo and did use it in both high and low beam(with projector lens) and shared my experience.
Old 30th June 2015, 14:21   #9078
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I found no benefit moving up to Xtreme Visions. Wasted my bucks. The improvement is very minimal, not worth it, in my opinion. My dated Zen with 90/100 was a better move up.
Old 30th June 2015, 18:37   #9079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Guys, I found no benefit moving up to Xtreme Visions. Wasted my bucks. The improvement is very minimal, not worth it, in my opinion. My dated Zen with 90/100 was a better move up.
Hi,
Are you talking about "Philips X-treme Vision +130%" because I have heard very good reviews from fellow BHPans. Did you buy online, its still not available in pune.
Old 30th June 2015, 19:50   #9080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
I have an XUV 5oo and did use it in both high and low beam(with projector lens) and shared my experience.
Hi can you share pic of the led used for h4 and h7
Old 30th June 2015, 21:57   #9081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi,
Are you talking about "Philips X-treme Vision +130%" because I have heard very good reviews from fellow BHPans. Did you buy online, its still not available in pune.
here ya go. not the 130% ones though.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/service/bu...h1-55watt.html

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/service/bu...ion-h7-b1.html

Last edited by Ricci : 30th June 2015 at 22:00.
Old 30th June 2015, 22:28   #9082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Actually I am also planning to upgrade my Duster's H1 from stocks to Philips Xtreme vision.
I think i have to reconsider my options.
Old 1st July 2015, 02:17   #9083
BHPian

Hello, this is Sriram from Chennai. Recently acquired Ford Fiesta and would like to know my options of better headlight upgradation.The stock is 55w for both low beam is H7 and high is H1.

I'm not able to decide since there are many in the market offering blue till xenon color.

What I thought was, Philips Xtremevision new pack (130% long beam) that comes in H7 H1, H4 with OEM spec of 55w is good enough. How is this bulb compared to Osram nigh breaker Plus?

If the above is not worth, I was also thinking of upgrading the low beam H7 to 65 or 80w and high beam H1 to 100w. Again with upgrade, do I need to have heavy guage wiring kit to support the load?

Any information is appreciated.
Old 1st July 2015, 06:56   #9084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Actually I am also planning to upgrade my Duster's H1 from stocks to Philips Xtreme vision.
I think i have to reconsider my options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
I'm not able to decide since there are many in the market offering blue till xenon color.

If the above is not worth, I was also thinking of upgrading the low beam H7 to 65 or 80w and high beam H1 to 100w. Again with upgrade, do I need to have heavy guage wiring kit to support the load?

Any information is appreciated.
Mixed reviews when it comes to XV and NB. Even I had a hard time choosing one. Here's what I used.

1) Osram NB unlimited - Minimal improvement, white light when compared to stock (but no HID looks here). Low beam was some 15-20% better but high beam was pretty good. Expensive when compared to Philips. 2000/-
2) Changed to projectors+HID combo with Osram NB in high beam - No point commenting on this. 1200/-
3) Projectors+HIDs combo with Osram NB Unlimited in high - Much better now.

Since I moved to projectors, this combination worked fine. But for that price, I dont think you can get to see that much improvement. But if you are only looking to upgrade the high beams, I wouldnt stop you. It's on the expensive side.

If you are planning to upgrade to higher wattage, you would need relay, ceramic holder and proper wiring kit. Dont use cheap stuff here. These get pretty hot and can burn the wires/relays if its not a good one.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:04   #9085
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

@SriramEfunds; Do not go the the flashy Blue HIDs. Restrict yourself to 4300K max. If you change put in a HID with projector housing into the Low Beam. Hi beam can be left stock, maybe with NB+.
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 19:06   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@SriramEfunds; Do not go the the flashy Blue HIDs. Restrict yourself to 4300K max. If you change put in a HID with projector housing into the Low Beam. Hi beam can be left stock, maybe with NB+.
Exactly sir. Earlier I have installed 5000k in to my low beams but visiblity was next to zero in heavy rains, so now i changed that to Osram 4300K HIDs. And its much better now.
divyankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 20:40   #9087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Hi can you share pic of the led used for h4 and h7
Hello here are my sour purchases.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lll.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2015, 01:28   #9088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Mixed reviews when it comes to XV and NB. Even I had a hard time choosing one. Here's what I used.

1) Osram NB unlimited - Minimal improvement, white light when compared to stock (but no HID looks here). Low beam was some 15-20% better but high beam was pretty good. Expensive when compared to Philips. 2000/-
2) Changed to projectors+HID combo with Osram NB in high beam - No point commenting on this. 1200/-
3) Projectors+HIDs combo with Osram NB Unlimited in high - Much better now.

Since I moved to projectors, this combination worked fine. But for that price, I dont think you can get to see that much improvement. But if you are only looking to upgrade the high beams, I wouldnt stop you. It's on the expensive side.

If you are planning to upgrade to higher wattage, you would need relay, ceramic holder and proper wiring kit. Dont use cheap stuff here. These get pretty hot and can burn the wires/relays if its not a good one.
Thanks, your post definitely helped me learn new today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I'm not a fan of HID when it became popular some years where have seen bikes with blue billboard lit type.

Yes, I'm planning to stick with Halogen and definitely not going above 4000k.
Infact, I'm thinking of going for Philips XtremeVision the new pack with comes with 130% light. This is the latest product from Philips.

I checked couple of Indian websites and even visited stores in Chennai, and the above product is not available.

These products are available from UK website however, they do international shipping for free.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...on-130-h7-twin
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/ph...on-130-h1-twin

According to powerbulbs.com these bulbs color temperature is 3700k which is good for both dry and rain conditions I thought.
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:43   #9089
BHPian

Using philips h7 xtreme vision 130 instead of HIDs on my Laura right now. My review in two words for these: brilliant bulbs. Not comparable to HIDs but are excellent for halogen use. Shipping from powerbulbs was a breeze. The bulbs were with me in 6 days and excellent packing.

Cheers
Rohan
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:32   #9090
vdm
BHPian

I have just replaced the bulbs of my Fiesta Classic to H7 80w & H1 100w. But the focusing is very bad. Could anybody suggest a solution for it.

Most Viewed