Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 18:01   #10021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Can someone tell me a decent place to get projector retrofits in Bangalore?

I already have the projector & HID kit, but I'm finding it hard to actually find someone to install them! My experience dealing with Vinod from Lumen Systems was downright disgusting, while Shyam from XenonPlanet seems a little busy and hasn't been able to commit a time for installation. Any other reputed guys to contact?
I suggest to get it done from Shyam itself. Even if you get it done from others, make sure they use butyl rubber sealant to reseal the headlights. Most of them use silicon tube sealant which wouldn't be effective on long run. I have got the installation done from Shyam in Bangalore for my Baleno.

In my SX4, I have got AES projector installation done from local accessory shop in Mangalore. I have faced moisture issues, thanks to improper sealing.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st August 2016 at 18:02.
Old 4th August 2016, 12:25   #10022
CGB
BHPian

Have anyone used Auxbeam LED spot lights? Read some good reviews and planning to buy. Any info will be useful.
Old 5th August 2016, 14:17   #10023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, even I found it to be set high. But it is better than previous alignment by accessory shop where low beam had no range.
Hi, You've mentioned you got AES done initially and now seem to be very positive about Xenon planet. I'm in the exact same boat as you. Got AES FXRs on my Civic and compared to stock they are decent. But nowhere close to Xenon planet.
Did you finally change anything in your AES setup for a better output? I've already spent a bomb on the first setup so need an improvement of at least 50% without breaking the bank!
Old 5th August 2016, 14:27   #10024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
Hi, You've mentioned you got AES done initially and now seem to be very positive about Xenon planet. I'm in the exact same boat as you. Got AES FXRs on my Civic and compared to stock they are decent. But nowhere close to Xenon planet.
Did you finally change anything in your AES setup for a better output? I've already spent a bomb on the first setup so need an improvement of at least 50% without breaking the bank!
I have faced numerous issues with AES projector like high beam getting stuck, bowing cut off etc. Xenon Planet provides quality projectors at VFM price. I am planning to change AES setup with minimal damage to pocket. Plan is to change only projector and get Mini H1 from Xenon Planet. It would cost around 5K.

Since you have AES FXR, it's better change only the Projector. XP FXR would cost around 9K.
Old 5th August 2016, 14:32   #10025
BHPian

Quote:
I have faced numerous issues with AES projector like high beam getting stuck, bowing cut off etc. Xenon Planet provides quality projectors at VFM price. I am planning to change AES setup with minimal damage to pocket. Plan is to change only projector and get Mini H1 from Xenon Planet. It would cost around 5K.

Since you have AES FXR, it's better change only the Projector. XP FXR would cost around 9K.
Thanks for the input. I did consider this option too. Do you think it's possible to get a refund on the AES if I'm to replace? They are less than 1 year old.
Else, if I just change the bulbs to CN light would that make a reasonable difference in your experience? Last question - what is the bulb and ballast in your AES setup? Thanks.
Old 5th August 2016, 14:38   #10026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I did consider this option too. Do you think it's possible to get a refund on the AES if I'm to replace? They are less than 1 year old.
Else, if I just change the bulbs to CN light would that make a reasonable difference in your experience? Last question - what is the bulb and ballast in your AES setup? Thanks.
Changing the bulb won't make much difference. AES projectors what we get in market is of low quality. Just check the cut off/Output of FXR from Xenon Planet and compare it with your AES setup. You will understand the difference.

I am using H1 bulb. Installer told me it's CN light. But I am not sure and have doubts because there is no CN light tag on the wire. I had got H1 CN light from XP for my Baleno setup and the wire from bulb has a CN light tag.

Ballast is 55 W (Unknown brand). Actually Mini H1 is not compatible with 55W ballast. But many guys provide Mini H1 with 55W ballast except XP.

If you want a very good output and willing to spend
more, I can suggest you something. Get FXR and new D2S bulbs from XP. XP has introduced new D2S bulbs which beats even CN light hands down.

I doubt you would get any refund. Try selling it on your own.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th August 2016 at 14:41.
Old 5th August 2016, 14:55   #10027
BHPian

Quote:
Changing the bulb won't make much difference. AES projectors what we get in market is of low quality. Just check the cut off/Output of FXR from Xenon Planet and compare it with your AES setup. You will understand the difference.

I am using H1 bulb. Installer told me it's CN light. But I am not sure and have doubts because there is no CN light tag on the wire. I had got H1 CN light from XP for my Baleno setup and the wire from bulb has a CN light tag.

Ballast is 55 W (Unknown brand). Actually Mini H1 is not compatible with 55W ballast. But many guys provide Mini H1 with 55W ballast except XP.

If you want a very good output and willing to spend
more, I can suggest you something. Get FXR and new D2S bulbs from XP. XP has introduced new D2S bulbs which beats even CN light hands down.

I doubt you would get any refund. Try selling it on your own.

Cheers!!
Thanks Dr. This is pretty much what I was thinking too. If you do get around to changing the AES setup, please do post pics. I'd love to see a comparison.
Old 5th August 2016, 14:59   #10028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dr. This is pretty much what I was thinking too. If you do get around to changing the AES setup, please do post pics. I'd love to see a comparison.
Sure buddy. I would be doing it next month . I am using Mini Super setup from XP in Baleno. It's miles ahead of AES setup in SX4.
Old 5th August 2016, 17:18   #10029
BHPian

Hello,
Can someone suggest a cheap upgrade to low-beam light to my Volkswagen polo GT TSI (model dec 2015, with H7 bulb)?

One of the installer told me that getting a relay and 90W bulb is not possible in Polo. Other one told me that one does not need relay in Polo and I can directly fit in 80W bulb.

Any suggestions that is known to have work will be realyl appreciated.

Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 23:23   #10030
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using Mini Super projector setup from Xenon Planet for few weeks. Recently XP has come up with new OEM type 55 W ballasts. It has less than 5 seconds start up time. I just received my pair today. I will install it soon and try to post a comparison video with regular 55W ballast available in market. Most of the 55 W ballasts available in our market is not true 55W. I am being told that with XP 55 ballast there would be good difference in start up time and brightness.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20160807wa0009.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20160807wa0008.jpg  

Old 9th August 2016, 17:36   #10031
BHPian

Hi bhpians,
I have got my all new 2016 Cruze and the headlight performance is dismal, to say the least. For a car which can cruise easily on the north side of 120 kmph, having headlights which are no of use when even a moped comes in the opposite direction is disappointing. I have done the following modifications to no avail.
1)HID kit 2800K 55W. While the dim is sufficient for city driving, the High beams scatter light every which way and blind oncoming traffic and gives zero visibility to the driver.
2)100/90W philips bulb with philips relay.
3)130/100W Philips bulb with roots relay.
4) Putting diode across the high beam and the low beam so that both filaments are on and putting 60/55W philips extreme vision bulbs- The better proposition so far and the bulb hasnt given up....yet.
The standard complaint for me is that once there is light from oncoming traffic, the cruze headlights give zero visibility. I have coated the windshield with antiglare treatment and the glare has come down, but my vision has not increased in any way.
My question is, is the cruze headlight design to be blamed here. I saw many aftermarket projector lights for Cruze. While they look stunning, how good are they in illuminating our indian roads in oncoming traffic?
Or, should I install auxiliary lights like hella or light force? Any advice appreciated
Old 9th August 2016, 18:59   #10032
BANNED

@Dr.Naren; I am always a suspicious chap. What OE are the XP guys using. I always thought that Hylux was as good as it got in the Chinese brands.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 16:05   #10033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Dr.Naren; I am always a suspicious chap. What OE are the XP guys using. I always thought that Hylux was as good as it got in the Chinese brands.
XP doesn't manufacture any products.They get it imported, but products with good quality. I do not know the OE manufacturer. I am waiting to check XP 55 ballast in my Baleno. I have seen videos put up by other guys where the start up time was better than Hylux.
Old 11th August 2016, 09:10   #10034
BANNED

Quote:
XP doesn't manufacture any products.They get it imported, but products with good quality. I do not know the OE manufacturer. I am waiting to check XP 55 ballast in my Baleno. I have seen videos put up by other guys where the start up time was better than Hylux.
It will be interesting to see your experience. Start time is only one parameter. Are the ballasts CAN compliant or not? Also, am I correct in presuming they are AC ballasts and not dc ballasts.

I have also had a 55W Hylux fail, but then this is life. Also, if I have read correctly, some European car manufacturer(s) are using Hylux as OE. I think I will wait for a few months for feedback to accumulate before deciding. I can live with a five seconds longer warm up time, esp since I use HID in fogs!
Old 11th August 2016, 10:14   #10035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi bhpians,
I have got my all new 2016 Cruze and the headlight performance is dismal, to say the least. I have done the following modifications to no avail.

The standard complaint for me is that once there is light from oncoming traffic, the cruze headlights give zero visibility. I have coated the windshield with antiglare treatment and the glare has come down, but my vision has not increased in any way.
My question is, is the cruze headlight design to be blamed here. I saw many aftermarket projector lights for Cruze. While they look stunning, how good are they in illuminating our indian roads in oncoming traffic?
Or, should I install auxiliary lights like hella or light force? Any advice appreciated
Hi,
Even in the event of the road getting lit by the oncoming traffic, your headlights are still functioning. So, there shall be enough illumination on the road. Reduced visibility may be because of scattering of light by your windshield or because of the response of human eye to a strong oncoming light.

I too have noticed this. I try to use the right palm to block the oncoming headlight, if necessary. Also I slow down and concentrate on a reference on the road (like white stripes).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks