Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2016, 17:35   #10051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Is there a source from where I can buy a pair of bumper mounted round lights say six inch or eight inch radius which can fit an H4 bulb ? I am not at all satisfied with my current Hella F 550 lights much hyped but totally useless in night off road driving.
Old 24th August 2016, 19:10   #10052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
It is quite common with cabbies who ... keep driving with that one working light, often on the LHS
Worse - they run on high-beam, thinking that one high-beam is a lesser evil than 2 low-beams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Technically, if the relay is rated for higher wattage, would you suppose that the lower rated bulbs may blow up/fuse? Unlike the higher rating bulb such as 130/110?
no, should be fine. It's the other-way round, that - a higher wattage bulb will draw more current and hence damage a set up that is actually meant for lower wattage.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 20:34   #10053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Thanks Silversteed. Technically, if the relay is rated for higher wattage, would you suppose that the lower rated bulbs may blow up/fuse? Unlike the higher rating bulb such as 130/110?
Consider the relay and the fuse that comes with the uprated wiring harness as a pet-door meant for a Lab, it won't hurt when a Chihuahua (the 60/55 bulb's current) goes through. So, relax

PS: I'm assuming that there's a separate fuse in the relay setup and you are not referring to the HL fuse in the fuse box
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 11:29   #10054
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded their Stock headlights of the Verna 2014 facelift model? I plan to upgrade as the stock ones are as good as no light on the road. Not sure if its my 2 year plus battery which is causing the problem. Also will my warranty void as i have another year of extended warranty left on my car.
Old 7th September 2016, 13:52   #10055
BHPian

I have upgraded my stock headlamps with Osram night breakers for my Honda city 2014. Since the high and low beam are seperate. I have managed to just upgrade the high beam which is HB3. Now the H11 osram night breakers are costing me around 3K which is ridiculously priced as at 5K I am getting an HID installed from the local vendors.

What do you guys suggest ? I stay in delhi so anyone getting a cheaper price can definately suggest a place to pick up a pair.
Old 7th September 2016, 14:31   #10056
Senior - BHPian

I've got 65W replacement H7 bulbs for my bike's stock 55W bulbs. To compensate for the additional load, I want to replace the pilot lamps (2 x 5W), license plate bulb (5W) and possibly the indicator bulbs (4 x 5W).

Any reliable places in Bangalore where I can procure LED replacement bulbs, I don't want to install something that I need to replace every few weeks. The pilot bulbs especially are painful to replace as it involves taking off the front bikini fairing.
Old 12th September 2016, 20:16   #10057
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Came across this new product by Osram while scrolling through YouTube. Looks interesting.

k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 19:40   #10058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Came across this new product by Osram while scrolling through YouTube. Looks interesting.
Night Breaker Laser looks interesting. The official webpage is still not up. However, I found this Netherlands based website, that has these bulbs on sale already. Possibly since the last 4 days.

http://www.carfantasy.nl/osram-night...-p-561035.html

The light is claimed as being 20% extra than NBUs, and the color temperature on this webpage is listed as 3600 K. Lumens for H7 are 1500 as per that website.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 13th September 2016 at 20:03.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 20:11   #10059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Night Breaker Laser looks interesting. The official webpage is still not up. However, I found this Netherlands based website, that has these bulbs on sale already. Possibly since the last 4 days.

The light is claimed as being 20% extra than NBUs, and the color temperature on this webpage is listed as 3600 K. Lumens for H7 are 1500 as per that website.
Thanks for sharing that. As per the website a pair is retailing at 27.95 euros, which comes out to be Rs 2109/-. Pricing is attractive, but so should be its performance and life. Will wait and watch for feedback from BHPians
Old 13th September 2016, 20:40   #10060
BHPian

Upgraded the bulbs on my brother's Tata Manza . The manza originally comes with 4 55wH7 bubs. Replaced them with 80w h7 bulbs on all four reflectors. More importantly had the light focused and set up very carefully. As someone mentioned earlier, one does not require a relay or additional wiring for doing the same on Manza.

The results are amazing. The light is powerful and the low beam suffices well. Since I did not check the headlight temperatures earlier I do not know if the heat has increased or not but the headlamps sure are hot.

Work was done in Coimbatore at Bosch SVC on Brooke Bond road. Must put in a word here, extremely professional place and the service technician spent more time in focusing the light to get the best out of the bulbs.

Cost was around 300 rs per bulb and a labour charges of 250rs.
sai_ace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 04:08   #10061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing that. As per the website a pair is retailing at 27.95 euros, which comes out to be Rs 2109/-. Pricing is attractive, but so should be its performance and life. Will wait and watch for feedback from BHPians
Here you go! They can now be pre-ordered via Powerbulbs which will delivery them in India, free of cost. Price is a little steep though

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/os...-laser-h4-twin
Old 15th September 2016, 05:03   #10062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Upgraded the bulbs on my brother's Tata Manza . The manza originally comes with 4 55wH7 bubs. Replaced them with 80w h7 bulbs on all four reflectors. More importantly had the light focused and set up very carefully. As someone mentioned earlier, one does not require a relay or additional wiring for doing the same on Manza.
The only challenge in doing this is that you have to be careful that the reflectors do not burn and form a black layer on the inside. Did you use a relay to handle the additional power.
Old 16th September 2016, 16:23   #10063
BHPian

Had been looking to upgrade the lighting of my CIAZ. After a lot of hunt edded up with OSRAM LED for position light and number plate.

Now that is sorted out I need to get matching bulbs for the FOG and headlight.
Went ahead and ordered the OSRAM Night breaker Unlimited H7 for the High beam. Will stick to the stock low beam for city drive.

On the hunt for a white bulb for the Fog lamp, ended with confusing 3 options.

OSRAM LED FOG bulb
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-11201836_1527589167561973_4878698442836695737_n.jpg

OSRAM LED driving fog light setup
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-344916uledriving_fog_mitw_4008321890566_sidede.jpg

OSRAM LED F1 fog light setup
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-osramledrivingf1fogkitpackagingatupgradebulbs.jpg

Not sure which one to pick for the job. It would be great if anyone can share their experience with these fog lights. It is averaging for about Rs7K.

I am considering the LED driving as it acts as DRL also.
Old 16th September 2016, 17:20   #10064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
I've got 65W replacement H7 bulbs for my bike's stock 55W bulbs. To compensate for the additional load, I want to replace the pilot lamps (2 x 5W), license plate bulb (5W) and possibly the indicator bulbs (4 x 5W).

Any reliable places in Bangalore where I can procure LED replacement bulbs, I don't want to install something that I need to replace every few weeks. The pilot bulbs especially are painful to replace as it involves taking off the front bikini fairing.

*Bump*

Any help please!!
Old 16th September 2016, 18:01   #10065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
*Bump*

Any help please!!
You could get the OSRAM or Phillips ones if the lamps are W5W T10 type. These are expensive though, around 1200 for a pair. While unbranded Chinese ones can be had for around 100 bucks from local stores. If you order them yourself from Aliexpress or similar, you can get them for even cheaper amounts.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks