Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 15:37   #9976
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Can anyone where i can find some H27 led fog light bulbs for the elite i20. Been looking for these for quite some time but unable to find them locally in Chennai.
Old 10th July 2016, 00:01   #9977
BHPian

What is the best bulb replacement for Creta OEM projectors (H3)? I am looking for something brighter and whiter
Old 10th July 2016, 00:48   #9978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
What is the best bulb replacement for Creta OEM projectors (H3)? I am looking for something brighter and whiter
You can use H3 HID bulbs for whiter light. Problem is with stock projector which has average output and poor cut off.

Xenon Planet has done retrofit on stock halogen projector setup of Hyundai Creta. They have swapped it with Mini super projector (Bi-xenon).

It would cost you within 20K for Mini super projector retrofit. You can also get more powerful DRL with indicator function at 3.5K. I am posting few pics from their FB page. They have installation facility in Chandigarh, Bangalore and Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1468091521524.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1468091339596.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1468091349156.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1468091538440.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1468091544862.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th July 2016 at 00:50.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 01:05   #9979
BHPian

Does Xenon Planet gives any warranty on their setup? Do they have less whiter bulbs as well? I am looking for something similar to the output of Philips Xtreme Vision which is in the range of 3700K temperature.
Old 10th July 2016, 01:17   #9980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Does Xenon Planet gives any warranty on their setup? Do they have less whiter bulbs as well? I am looking for something similar to the output of Philips Xtreme Vision which is in the range of 3700K temperature.
Yes, Xenon planet gives warranty. I am using Mini super projector in my Baleno with 4300K CN light HID bulb from Xenon Planet. They had given me option of 3000K, 4300K, 5000K and 6000K.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 01:41   #9981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You can use H3 HID bulbs for whiter light. Problem is with stock projector which has average output and poor cut off.

Xenon Planet has done retrofit on stock halogen projector setup of Hyundai Creta. They have swapped it with Mini super projector (Bi-xenon).

It would cost you within 20K for Mini super projector retrofit. You can also get more powerful DRL with indicator function at 3.5K. I am posting few pics from their FB page. They have installation facility in Chandigarh, Bangalore and Delhi.
These look great! However I'm a bit concerned about the reliability of anything outside the OEM setup hence the attempt to just replace bulbs.

This apprehension stems from several stories about HID setups failing on people at random times, if I may ask what is your experience so far? Can these setups be trusted like the OEM ones?
Old 10th July 2016, 07:38   #9982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
Can anyone where i can find some H27 led fog light bulbs for the elite i20. Been looking for these for quite some time but unable to find them locally in Chennai.
One word answer. Do not try. Almost all LED lights are 'çooler' which is bad for fog applications. You need a warmer colour. I am using 3000K HiDs. I wish I had opted for 2700K.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 10:15   #9983
BHPian

Some technical advice needed regarding bulb upgrade on my Creta -

How much wattage is safe? I think the stock bulbs in the projectors are 55W, I'm looking at Philips HB3s 60 and 65W, safe?
Old 10th July 2016, 11:50   #9984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These look great! However I'm a bit concerned about the reliability of anything outside the OEM setup hence the attempt to just replace bulbs.

This apprehension stems from several stories about HID setups failing on people at random times, if I may ask what is your experience so far? Can these setups be trusted like the OEM ones?
I have been using AES projector setup in SX4 and Mini Super setup from Xenon Planet in Baleno. AES projectors are basically Mini H1 type which is designed to handle only 35W ballasts. But they had installed 55W ballast. This would result in burnt reflector bowl inside projector, high/low beam getting stuck etc. There wouldn't be any problem if used with 35W ballast. I am planning to shift to 35W ballasts soon.

Mini super setup in my Baleno is compatible with 55W ballast. I have got it installed recently and experience so far is quite good. Mini super has better hotpot and high beam is miles ahead of AES setup.

Headlights will be opened and resealed with OEM type butyl rubber sealant in Xenon Planet. No wires are cut and hence you wouldn't lose electrical warranty of the car. What you might lose is headlight warranty for issues likes manufacturing defects, moisture etc.
Old 10th July 2016, 14:15   #9985
BHPian

Morimoto HID Kits in Goa?

Hi guys, been looking online to see if there is any dealer for Morimoto in Goa but I struck out so far, does anyone know if there is any dealer for morimoto in Goa or alternatively if I procure a morimoto HID kit elsewhere, any recommended fitters who can do a neat, clean professional job? (Most guys here refuse to work on your vehicle if you do not buy the items from them, my experience so far) This is for a 2011 Fluidic Verna
Old 10th July 2016, 22:35   #9986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Morimoto HID Kits in Goa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Hi guys, been looking online to see if there is any dealer for Morimoto in Goa but I struck out so far, does anyone know if there is any dealer for morimoto in Goa or alternatively if I procure a morimoto HID kit elsewhere, any recommended fitters who can do a neat, clean professional job? (Most guys here refuse to work on your vehicle if you do not buy the items from them, my experience so far) This is for a 2011 Fluidic Verna
Morimoto has only 2 official dealers in India. They are AVS tuning (Mumbai) and Retro Rides (Delhi). You can order the hid kit online from them or directly from The Retrofit Source website.
Old 11th July 2016, 08:20   #9987
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys, I've a Brezza ZDi+ and have found the lights somewhat inadequate on poorly lit/ unlit highway runs, especially when I compare it to my WagonR running 100/90 Hella bulbs with relay and harness. I don't intend to upgrade the wattage or fiddle with the wiring. I just want to know how to have good and better lighting with normal yellow lights with bulb upgrade of same wattage. Brezza ZDi+ has projectors for low beam with H7 and regular reflectors for high beam with H1, both running 55W.
Old 11th July 2016, 12:29   #9988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Morimoto has only 2 official dealers in India. They are AVS tuning (Mumbai) and Retro Rides (Delhi). You can order the hid kit online from them or directly from The Retrofit Source website.
I'm also looking out for a bulb upgrade on my Creta, would you recommend Philips or OSRAM products?

Current config is HB3 55W bulbs, I'm looking at Philips Xtreme Vision, Crystal Vision & OSRAM Night Breakers.

Is there any recommendation regarding these please? Also is upping the wattage from OEM 55W to 60 or 65 Watts have any adverse impact?
Old 11th July 2016, 12:33   #9989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm also looking out for a bulb upgrade on my Creta, would you recommend Philips or OSRAM products?

Current config is HB3 55W bulbs, I'm looking at Philips Xtreme Vision, Crystal Vision & OSRAM Night Breakers.

Is there any recommendation regarding these please? Also is upping the wattage from OEM 55W to 60 or 65 Watts have any adverse impact?
I suggest you to try with same wattage better bulbs first. If you are not satisfied, you can go for higher wattage. Stock projectors in Creta has average build quality which might result in burnt reflector bowl if used with higher wattage.

Osram night breakers with same wattage, I suggest
Old 14th July 2016, 19:49   #9990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Stick to same. No need to upgrade. You can go for Osram Nightbreaker in same wattage for slightly brighter light, but the difference will be about 5-10% max
Hello sir,

How about adding in Hella aux lights just enough to run through thick rain/fog? Please suggest.

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks