Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 23:00   #9931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Alright, so finally got the headlight replaced under warranty and its time to share the experience. Here are some pictures taken last evening which clearly shows that the color temperature of these Philips Xtreme Ultinon H4 LED's is nowhere close to 6200K. I would consider anywhere between 5000 to 5500K.

]
Saw the same last day at a shop. The pricing is definitely on the the higher side ( I was told it would cost 13k) but it comes with 3 year warranty!.

Also 6500K will make it useless in rain.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160613_204942-medium.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20160613_205006-medium.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 23:46   #9932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Saw the same last day at a shop. The pricing is definitely on the the higher side ( I was told it would cost 13k) but it comes with 3 year warranty!.

Also 6500K will make it useless in rain.
13k is the MRP and I'm sure someone willing to buy them will get it cheaper elsewhere. I got them at 10500 directly from a Philips dealer in Delhi. Regarding the color temperature, Philips claims 6200k but its close to 5000-5500k. Will try it when it rains and share my feedback.

A 3 year warranty surely inspires confidence and that was one major factor when I decided to buy this product.
Old 17th June 2016, 02:03   #9933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
In the UK rain/ fog, output is far superior to an incandescent bulb. Sadly, its hard for me to locate an Indian seller for you from here but I would contact Sainath Motors (Rishi) if at all and tell him you want the OSRAM LEDdriving replacement bulbs. They also come in T4W/ T5/ P21W etc. etc.

If not, I'd import it from the US/ UK.

Here's the link
Thanks Screwdriva
I have someone living in UK to get one for me. The only concern is its ability to sustain after continuous usage.
Old 17th June 2016, 19:49   #9934
BHPian

Can anyone help in telling where can I get good LED lights (flood/spot) for my car and motorcycle, any shop in Delhi/NCR region?
Old 17th June 2016, 21:42   #9935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Can anyone help in telling where can I get good LED lights (flood/spot) for my car and motorcycle, any shop in Delhi/NCR region?
Yeah, that's something I'd be interested in as well. But on a low budget.
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 05:56   #9936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Thanks Screwdriva
I have someone living in UK to get one for me. The only concern is its ability to sustain after continuous usage.
You have nothing to worry about- these bulbs are amazing!!
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 09:50   #9937
BANNED

Watch out. The killer for LED bulbs, is the temperature. So our summer may not be too kind. Remember the massive fans on the early systems with LED lights.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 22:52   #9938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Watch out. The killer for LED bulbs, is the temperature. So our summer may not be too kind. Remember the massive fans on the early systems with LED lights.
These bulbs are the newest generation LEDs and are fan-less and come with built in heat sinks.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 14:51   #9939
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post

Yeah, but only the Asta(O) variant gets them. So a retrofit is indeed possible.
Will try finding out at the showroom. But just wanted to know if it is available as an aftermarket option.
Hey Shyn,

Any update on the progress for installing OEM projectors on Elite i20?
Old 22nd June 2016, 10:37   #9940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi All,

I own a SKODA RAPID Elegance Plus Black edition. Unlike the regular edition headlamps, the headlamps have only 1 projector which toggles for high & low.

I want to upgrade the bulbs, I don't know the type of the bulb, H4 or H7.

Please suggest !!
The bulb type is H7. I wanted Philips Extreme Vision, but the dealer didn't have it in stock. So, went with Osram Night Breaker Plus.

Two bulbs cost me Rs 2200. I know Philips would have been cheaper, but I didnt trust other local dealers to meddle with my Skoda.
Old 25th June 2016, 18:22   #9941
Distinguished - BHPian

Xenon planet : Projector Retrofit

Finally I have decided to retrofit projectors in my new Baleno and upgrade stock projector setup of S-Cross from Xenon Planet.

5 types of projectors are available from Xenon Planet.
1. Mini H1
2. Mini Super V2
3. Mini D2S
4. Hella E55
5. FXR V3

Mini Super v2 is latest development from Xenon Planet. Entire setup costs 14.5K and it's VFM. I have decided to install this in my Baleno along with panamera shrouds. I will get the install done in Bangalore next week.

I have S-Cross Alpha variant and it has stock bixenon projector setup which has average output. Since stock shrouds can't be moved, I can't retrofit FXR/Hella E55. I will go for Mini super V2/Mini D2S. Mini D2S has only one advantage of fitting OEM D2S bulb from Philips/Osram. I will take a call after checking Mini Super V2 setup in Baleno.

Cost :
Mini Super V2 Projector Kit : 14,500 Rs
Panamera Shrouds : + 2000 Rs
Installation : 4,500 Rs
Total : 21,000 Rs

Mini Super V2 : Cut off
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20160624wa0004.jpg

Projector with Panamera Shroud
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20160624wa0007.jpg
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 02:23   #9942
BHPian

I bought Philips X-treme Ultinon H4 LED for my VW Vento two months back. I should say...it was a bad idea and waste of money, bought for 11.5K from a popular car accessories store in EOK Delhi. Its only good for stunning looks when lit-up. I drove my car to Aligarh to see a friend same evening of installation and it rained that night...the performance was poor, road was barely visible only few of visible light with lot of dark spots. Spread and intensity of light on road is non-existing and very poor. Its not 150% as advertised, but -50% from your halogen bulb performance. Philips X-treme Ultinon are just approx 1000LM, there are many better options available. I returned the LEDs within two days of usage. Currently I'm using CREE XHP50 H4 LED rated at 72W and 12000LM combined of two lamps. Bought them for Rs.4500/- approx. with 3 years warranty, [applicable only in China :( ]. Light intensity is very good, at least 4X-6X better than Philips LEDs. Though I'm facing problem with the optimal position/adjustment of LEDs in headlamp for proper spread.

P.S.: I also bought two Philips X-treme Ultinon parking LEDs and they are pretty sweet. They looks awesome...bought them for Rs.1450/-

Last edited by rahulgoel : 28th June 2016 at 02:27.
rahulgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:19   #9943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
This rubber bush which holds the high beam bulb in my Fiesta has given up. Hence the bulb keeps shaking. ASS says replace the headlight.
Can I source this rubber thing?
Isn't TVS the OEM for ford? You could get a similar spec from TVS. I remember some time back when my friend's Fiesta Alternator conked off, the Authorized Workshop quoted 25K for replacement. But he managed with a replacement capacitor from TVS for around 3K.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:19   #9944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
I bought Philips X-treme Ultinon H4 LED for my VW Vento two months back. I should say...it was a bad idea and waste of money, bought for 11.5K from a popular car accessories store in EOK Delhi. Its only good for stunning looks when lit-up. I drove my car to Aligarh to see a friend same evening of installation and it rained that night...the performance was poor, road was barely visible only few of visible light with lot of dark spots. Spread and intensity of light on road is non-existing and very poor. Its not 150% as advertised, but -50% from your halogen bulb performance. Philips X-treme Ultinon are just approx 1000LM, there are many better options available. I returned the LEDs within two days of usage. Currently I'm using CREE XHP50 H4 LED rated at 72W and 12000LM combined of two lamps. Bought them for Rs.4500/- approx. with 3 years warranty, [applicable only in China :( ]. Light intensity is very good, at least 4X-6X better than Philips LEDs. Though I'm facing problem with the optimal position/adjustment of LEDs in headlamp for proper spread.

P.S.: I also bought two Philips X-treme Ultinon parking LEDs and they are pretty sweet. They looks awesome...bought them for Rs.1450/-
Rs 4500 for a pair looks to be a good deal. Please post few pics of the package and view from drivers seat for low and high beams. Where did you buy it from?
Old 28th June 2016, 17:11   #9945
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody give me the price and availability of D3S replacement lamps HID (4500 or 5000K) in Mumbai. I will ask my friends to pick it up for me. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed