Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2016, 10:49   #9766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
That look pretty nifty, and looks to be a weight saving application of optics.
Everything seems to be in order. Presumably lighter as well, so wont shake when put in the reflector shield. And goes through an H4 hole.
Feedback score is also decent, though from another seller.
Thanks a lot for your input. I have got them fixed. Link to pics here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3949263
Old 10th April 2016, 12:16   #9767
BHPian

Hi, i am looking to upgrade my Stock projector headlamps on my Skoda Superb 2009/10 to projector headlamps with daylight running in the them. I've done a search but could not find anyone. Kindly Advice.
Old 10th April 2016, 12:30   #9768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
Hi, i am looking to upgrade my Stock projector headlamps on my Skoda Superb 2009/10 to projector headlamps with daylight running in the them. I've done a search but could not find anyone. Kindly Advice.
There are many options available in market. You can get AES projectors,angel eye and DRL within 20k. The rates of these projectors vary a lot, anywhere between 12-20k. These are grade 2 or even grade 3 mini h1 projectors. If you don't mind paying a premium for quality projectors, I suggest you to go for morimoto/TRS. There are 2 official morimoto dealers in India and also you can order it directly from TRS. As I have said before in this thread, morimoto gets the products from China(but good quality ones) and charges a premium with their logo on it. Xenon planet which is based out in chandigarh imports same projectors directly from parent Chinese company and sells them at VFM price. They have installation facility in bangalore too. I suggest you to get in touch with them.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 12:57   #9769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There are many options available in market. You can get AES projectors,angel eye and DRL within 20k. The rates of these projectors vary a lot, anywhere between 12-20k. These are grade 2 or even grade 3 mini h1 projectors. If you don't mind paying a premium for quality projectors, I suggest you to go for morimoto/TRS. There are 2 official morimoto dealers in India and also you can order it directly from TRS. As I have said before in this thread, morimoto gets the products from China(but good quality ones) and charges a premium with their logo on it. Xenon planet which is based out in chandigarh imports same projectors directly from parent Chinese company and sells them at VFM price. They have installation facility in bangalore too. I suggest you to get in touch with them.
Cheers!
Thank you Dr.Naren, will get in touch with them, the car is based in Mumbai, hoping it can be done here. Yes i agree, would like to install high grade only. Don't mean to take too much of your time but could you recommend someone who could carry out the installation in Mumbai, have had my share of complications whenever i give the car for electronics
Thank You
ancer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 14:10   #9770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
Thank you Dr.Naren, will get in touch with them, the car is based in Mumbai, hoping it can be done here. Yes i agree, would like to install high grade only. Don't mean to take too much of your time but could you recommend someone who could carry out the installation in Mumbai, have had my share of complications whenever i give the car for electronics
Thank You
Xenon planet does installation only in chandigarh and bangalore as of now. You can get the products from them and get it installed in any local shop (quality of installation won't be a match to xenon planet). Another option is ship your headlamps to them and get back the headlamps with projectors and DRL installed. It is just plug and play then.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 22:21   #9771
Distinguished - BHPian

I got my headlamps aligned/adjusted by MASS. I am running with AES projectors. Alignment was nowhere near perfect before. Now it's better, but set a bit high. I am posting the pics of low and high beam.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1460307014808.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1460307036240.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 22:48   #9772
Distinguished - BHPian

That's quite bad .. the low beam looks to be where high-beam should be !
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 23:34   #9773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That's quite bad .. the low beam looks to be where high-beam should be !
Yes, even I found it to be set high. But it is better than previous alignment by accessory shop where low beam had no range.
Old 11th April 2016, 00:56   #9774
BHPian

Any online place that sells oem white bulbs for rear licence plate please? And also white bulbs for the meter assembly (the stock yellow lighting is dull and the speedometer etc are difficult to read). For a 2008 i.e. old gen Zen Estilo. Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 09:34   #9775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks a lot for your input. I have got them fixed. Link to pics here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3949263
Great!
So can you tell us if the bulb in this can be replaced or not? And if it actually takes h4, or is some other base?
Old 11th April 2016, 09:58   #9776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Great!
So can you tell us if the bulb in this can be replaced or not? And if it actually takes h4, or is some other base?
I was told by the guys who installed it, that the bulbs can be replaced.
From what I see online, I think it takes H4 (says bulb type - H4).
Be warned though that it is not the real deal. Just a compromise solution (I think 'jugaad' is the word they use in Hindi?) for chaps like me, looking for a low cost method.

Last edited by wilful : 11th April 2016 at 10:00.
Old 11th April 2016, 14:08   #9777
BHPian

I have a Philips 100/90W bulb on a Hella relay. The bulb is just 2 months old. On parking light position one headlight is on. On headlight on position there is no light on low beam position. Light turns on only on high beam position.

I suspect it is wiring issue. Is my assumption correct? Can it be fixed DIY or should I take to mechanic / service centre?
Old 11th April 2016, 14:16   #9778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have a Philips 100/90W bulb on a Hella relay. The bulb is just 2 months old. On parking light position one headlight is on. On headlight on position there is no light on low beam position. Light turns on only on high beam position.

I suspect it is wiring issue. Is my assumption correct? Can it be fixed DIY or should I take to mechanic / service centre?
When did this problem creep up. It can be issue of relay too. They are under 6months warranty. Get them replaced if they are faulty, get wiring checked too.
Old 12th April 2016, 13:49   #9779
BHPian

The relay is about two years old. Can it fail at all? Isn't it just a bunch of wires and fuse? I think I will check the fuses.
Old 12th April 2016, 15:16   #9780
BHPian

friends can u please tell me will the Philips Weather Vision 100/90 compare upto the Philips Rally 100/90

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks