Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 14:58   #1816

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Manveet on this forum has been using H.I.D.S in ohc type 1 for a long time ,
Original HEADLAMPS should not melt,use a 35W hid for your OHC i think it should be fine.
thanks mate.will do a search @ manveets posts to get to know more about his HID installation and related issues.
and so you wouldn't recommend 55W HIDs ? cause i have installed a 55W HID H4 on my Karizma, and it working and illuminating great, guess 35W wont provide that much illumination, but what the heck , there still will be 2 of them ..
hmm , thanks again ..
Old 20th June 2008, 18:40   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

i would like to add fog lamp to my 98 Zen. AFAIK there is no factory provision for fitting the front fog on Zen MH410 model. Any idea how can this can be achieved? Should I be fitting the fog lams like one present in rally cars which gives racy look? I would love to retain the current look of the car. Any idea how to fit a not so big fog lamp in Zen.?

Thank you

Note from TBHP Support: Post edited since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th June 2008 at 22:49. Reason: Font, color
Old 21st June 2008, 01:24   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav_j View Post
thanks mate.will do a search @ manveets posts to get to know more about his HID installation and related issues.
and so you wouldn't recommend 55W HIDs ? cause i have installed a 55W HID H4 on my Karizma, and it working and illuminating great, guess 35W wont provide that much illumination, but what the heck , there still will be 2 of them ..
hmm , thanks again ..

35w will be fine too.. as per my experience i didnt see a major difference my friend is using 55w! I have 35w hids in my car and bike, The bike has a bigger and better focus hence you feel its brighter.Anyways its your personal decision upon the wattage.

cheers
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:07   #1819
Senior - BHPian

HELP! reg hid for fabia.

Hi friends trying to get the HID kit for my fabia with projector headlamp. Went and enquired in the market and got to know that the philips would cost me for about 18000/- and there is another make that dealer suggested its called P4 HID XENON. Now it is not the bulb type am talking about but its the name of the company. It cost for around 15000/-.
I am told by the dealer that the philips kit has slightly more bluish tinge even in 6000k compared to P4 HID Xenon which more on the white side and was told that its better then philips. Which of these will be better one.

Anyone here using them or any has tried both of them for demo, would be really helpful to get the info on this.

Which one of these will be the best which helps more in visibility in the night?

Is it advisiable to fix it on the fog lamps?

Any suggestion would be really thankful.

Thankyou.
Old 23rd June 2008, 03:02   #1820
BHPian

100/90 is okay for the Swift. But Would it burn out the head light Assembly if i were to put a 100/130 Halogen in a Swift or An Innova ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 03:24   #1821
BHPian

I really dont think so,Genuine Stock headlamps can take the heat i believe
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:39   #1822
BHPian

hi everybody got my verna crdi fitted with xenons-original philips kit-cost 20000 +2000 installation at the hyundai dealership.the effect is amazing-was able to do comfortably 120+ in night in rains on the kanpur delhi highway.am very satisfied.would recommend them to anybody.the xenons are of 4300 k variety and are the best-yhey are not yellow n not blue-pure white.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:18   #1823
BHPian

I enquired about lamp upgrade for my Swift on JC road.
they quoted 1200 for Phillips rally with ceramic holders etc, and relays.
Is that correct? When I saw the wiring and relays, it gave me an impression that it is fake.

Any pointers on how to identify fakes, where to get genuine stuff and approximate price?

thanks.
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:03   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I enquired about lamp upgrade for my Swift on JC road.
IMHO stay away from JC road. Get it done at MASS. They will do a better and clean job. There is a bosch wiring kit available which comes with holders.The total cost should come around 900-1000 rs including labour.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:14   #1825
BHPian

More powerful headlamps for my swift

Hi All,
I have always felt that my Swift's head lamps are not powerful enough. Can i modify the light with a more powerful bulb? Which one be the appropriate one? What would be the price?

- Anand

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd June 2008 at 15:18.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:31   #1826
BHPian

bosch relay kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
IMHO stay away from JC road. Get it done at MASS. They will do a better and clean job. There is a bosch wiring kit available which comes with holders.The total cost should come around 900-1000 rs including labour.
dear friends,
how much would the bosch relay kit cost?
thanks!
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:40   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
dear friends,
how much would the bosch relay kit cost?
thanks!
Not sure of the exact figure but it is in the range of 500-600rs.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:18   #1828
BHPian

installed an "enkay" wiring kit on the Alto.
Costs 400 for the harness.Very easy to install. NO SPLICING req. it connects into the stock headlamp wiring socket.Comes with a 6 pin relay.
Bought phillips Rally 100/90 H4 bulbs. (Rs. 140 each)
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:05   #1829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
installed an "enkay" wiring kit on the Alto.
Costs 400 for the harness.Very easy to install. NO SPLICING req. it connects into the stock headlamp wiring socket.Comes with a 6 pin relay.
Bought phillips Rally 100/90 H4 bulbs. (Rs. 140 each)
In Santro you cant close the cover of the headlamp assembly unit unless you cut the wiring kit and reroute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
@jkdas I have acess to a friend's santro (old model pre santro-xing times) let me check it out. If you could upload a pic of the headlamp assembly cover i might be able to check faster the wiring harness (enkay) has bulb holders. so out come the stock ones and in go these.
Whats your current light setup?

Sold it. Had 90/100's. So no pix

The holders are a bit bulky and hence wont go through OE plumbing area and hence you need to take it in via the cover opening.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd June 2008 at 20:22.
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:14   #1830
BHPian

@jkdas I have acess to a friend's santro (old model pre santro-xing times) let me check it out. If you could upload a pic of the headlamp assembly cover i might be able to check faster the wiring harness (enkay) has bulb holders. so out come the stock ones and in go these.
Whats your current light setup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks