Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2008, 16:10   #1951
BHPian

Prince thanks for that information.
OSRAM Kit I am talking about is really genuine. It is made in germany. It is from the company distributor. I also know of the person who works for OSRAM (sales manager). So that way i am sure that I will be get the geniune original one.
IT costs 16K
Old 27th July 2008, 16:25   #1952
BHPian

The reason I am asking if projector is reqd or not is because I was reading this forum and I found post saying projector setup is reqd.

I want to clarify that point
Old 27th July 2008, 17:17   #1953
BHPian

Maybe tsk would be able to clarify and suggest for you shyamsundar bhai.He isnt around now though.

By the way,what would be the advice/suggestions for fitting HIDs in an Estilo?
Can I go in for 6000K Philips HIDs ? They come for 17K in Kolkata.

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2008, 17:57   #1954
BHPian

I would like to get my Palio 1.6 lighting done at a good shop in Delhi / NCR .

Would like to get 80W H7s, 100W H1, relays, etc.

Any recommendations for someone who does high quality work, and has quality bulbs, relays, etc.

Thanks,
Old 27th July 2008, 18:05   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
The reason I am asking if projector is reqd or not is because I was reading this forum and I found post saying projector setup is reqd.

I want to clarify that point
See, if you can afford the projector headlamps + an HID kit then thats the best way to put up xenons in your ride! Since the light coming out of the projector cuts out a lot of glare which the oncoming vehicles would normally face in a reflector + HID setup. Thats about the only observation that i have noticed in a reflector v/s a projector setup in two cars namely Swift and the Civic!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Maybe tsk would be able to clarify and suggest for you shyamsundar bhai.He isnt around now though.

Thanks.
Philips makes some really good HID kits. H4 is the right size for the Estilo i think! (correct me if i am wrong). In this case make sure you buy the Philips Hi/Low HID kit which comes with a high beam/low beam magnetic converter housed in the HID bulb itself!. The Hi/Low H4 kits come with new thin digital ballasts which are supposed to be more reliable than the thicker ballasts available earlier. But i believe that the Philips H4 Hi/Low Kit comes for around 20k. Soo 17k is a good deal provided the kit you are getting is the newer product with digital ballasts and are high/low capable.

Cheers

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2008 at 01:10. Reason: Merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of postnig another consecutive post.
Old 27th July 2008, 19:37   #1956
BHPian

Ok understood. Now is there an OEM suzuki projector kit available. I am not sure as to how reliable those taiwanese angel eyes are. I am not sure if they have both high beam and low beam. What is saw on those are there is one projector and one more slot where where a H7 fits.

What happens when we put high beam on them? I think the H7 will start buring extra i believe.

I think there is a motorized setup in skoda laura? Whe you put high beam then the light focus changes. I think the motor moves the lens either forward or backward.

Do I get those kind of porjectors in the market.
Old 27th July 2008, 22:00   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
Ok understood. Now is there an OEM suzuki projector kit available. I am not sure as to how reliable those taiwanese angel eyes are. I am not sure if they have both high beam and low beam. What is saw on those are there is one projector and one more slot where where a H7 fits.

What happens when we put high beam on them? I think the H7 will start buring extra i believe.

I think there is a motorized setup in skoda laura? Whe you put high beam then the light focus changes. I think the motor moves the lens either forward or backward.

Do I get those kind of porjectors in the market.
To the best of my limited knowledge i think Suzuki does not make projector headlamps for even the JDM spec Swift. And even if it does make one, then rest assured its gonna be mighty expensive. I was hunting for the SX4 projectors which come stock in the JDM SX4's but on inquiring further i was told that they cost almost 50k for a set of 2 projector headlamps and xenons wont be included as a part of the deal and i would need to buy an HID kit for an additional price over an above the 50k which i already would be spending on the 2 projector lamps.

I agree that the taiwanese projector lamps for the swift have iffy quality but then thats about the only option i guess you have if you want projectors for your Suzi!

(Guys correct me if i am wrong here) I feel H4 is the only bulb size in the HID lineup which comes with a hi/Low option. In the swift angel eyes headlamp setup, the projector takes in the low beam and the reflector besides the projector takes the high beam.

Regarding the Laura as well i feel the projector part works as a low beam and there is a small reflector on the inner side of the headlamp which works as the high beam. Laura owners in this forum can add much more on that though!

Cheers
Old 28th July 2008, 13:08   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
I would like to get my Palio 1.6 lighting done at a good shop in Delhi / NCR .

Would like to get 80W H7s, 100W H1, relays, etc.

Any recommendations for someone who does high quality work, and has quality bulbs, relays, etc.

Thanks,
Any suggestions on this? There must be a good shop somewhere in Delhi that has a good selection of bulbs, HID, etc. and does quality installation.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:15   #1959
Distinguished - BHPian

Gaurav, I am sure Samyak or FIAT A.S.S should be able to do this. I got my 80W/100W light modification done at the A.S.S here in Bangalore. He had the Narva bulbs + relay and must say that the install was done in a good manner with wiring done in a very clean manner.

Have you asked Samyak?
Old 28th July 2008, 14:35   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Try to get roots relay. It costs 700rs(as opposed to 400rs for other brands), but the advantage is that you get
1. Cermic holders
2. 130/110W capability.
3. Entire wiring harness
You need a good electrician to wire it up in a way that the entire current load is taken off the OEM wiring, and routed externally via the relay.

Relays come with wiring diagrams painted on them, and any electrician worth his salt should be able to wire them fine.
Hi tsk, do you know where the Roots relay are available near south delhi ? I enquired in the shops in Lajpat Nagar and some spare parts shop, they don't have Roots, one shop had a brand called Master which didn't look too convincing. I also went to Driven, they also had Master as they couldn't source roots or bosch relays, but they said that they will try to source roots.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:21   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Philips makes some really good HID kits. H4 is the right size for the Estilo i think! (correct me if i am wrong). In this case make sure you buy the Philips Hi/Low HID kit which comes with a high beam/low beam magnetic converter housed in the HID bulb itself!. The Hi/Low H4 kits come with new thin digital ballasts which are supposed to be more reliable than the thicker ballasts available earlier. But i believe that the Philips H4 Hi/Low Kit comes for around 20k. Soo 17k is a good deal provided the kit you are getting is the newer product with digital ballasts and are high/low capable.
Cheers
Thanks prince85
Now that is something new to me.Thanks a ton for the info.
Will surely keep that in my mind when I go for HIDs.
Old 29th July 2008, 09:42   #1962
BHPian

Can somebody comment on the reflector type of swift. Someone put in information that if the reflector is of type D2S the we can put the HID bulbs there. So if i want to know if swift's reflector can house the HID kit.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:11   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

Thanks.
UC just wait for a couple of days, August 10th. onwards the Philips HIDs will be costing 9K in kolkata, thats the news. Now if u have already invested then the additional greens spent will make u green .
Can anybody suggest me about HIDs for Balenos? Infact , I am absolite clueless and confused
Old 29th July 2008, 10:32   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have enquired about HID kits for my Swift on many occassions on this forum and even went HID hunting with Mr. Prince. I had Narva 4300K H4 90/100 halogen bulbs for my headlamps and Nokya 55W H8 7000K (purchased from Ebay) bulbs in my fogs. Both are pretty good and i am exceptionally impressed with the Narvas. However since both, the headlights and fogs looked different when illuminated, i decided to purchase a set of Nokya H4 7000K bulbs for the headlamps too for uniformity. The car looks great but visibility is'nt that great as compared to the Narvas, especially in the rains. So i am convinced that any bulb/HID of 4300K will give best visibility as compared to any other colour temperature. Other colour temperatures are mainly for looks more than serving the purpose of good visibility.

I have now decided to upgrade both, my headlights as well as my fogs to HIDs of 4300K. Does anyone know where i can purchase HIDs of 4300K colour temperature in Mumbai? I believe it is very hard to find as most people opt for the 6000K ones.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:53   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I believe it is very hard to find as most people opt for the 6000K ones.
Currently running 4300k H8 bulbs in the fogs and it beats the 6000k h1 in the projector when it comes to difficult conditions.

Its not just that... even most of the 4300 available will actually be 5000k (would still suffice). After a bit of research I sourced them abroad from an OEM manufacturer, unfortunately they dont deliver to India.

Im switching to 4300k low beam also as just the fogs doesnt give optimum performance.

The pic is with the fogs on but before I did some focussing. Once it heats up you can notice a pinkish hue at the cutoff point.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h8-fogs-4300k.jpg  

Last edited by s0uljah : 29th July 2008 at 10:55.

Most Viewed