Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2008, 23:12   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
souljah, shouldnt the lights be angled more to the left ? from what i see , the pattern looks like

_/_/

when it should be like
\_\_

not a matter of concern for you, but the for the people coming your way
Hmmm, not sure how you deduced that because its easy to adjust beam cutoff in a projector setup not in the regular HL. Anyhow like I said I need to fine tune a little more.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:26   #2027
Senior - BHPian

90/100 for Palio Adventure

Guys please suggest me a good bulb for my Advy? how much does OSram cost? or shall i stick with Phillips??

Any other thing to be considered while converting to 90/100??
Old 19th August 2008, 10:36   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Guys please suggest me a good bulb for my Advy? how much does OSram cost? or shall i stick with Phillips??

Any other thing to be considered while converting to 90/100??
Lohithavare, If the adventure is on the same platform as Petra/Palio then it would use an H1 Low/H7 High beam setup.

If its H4 then go for 100/90 philips rally or Hella's. Just goto a reputed shop though. Most stuff in original packaging also is often duplicates.
Old 19th August 2008, 11:05   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Lohithavare, If the adventure is on the same platform as Petra/Palio then it would use an H1 Low/H7 High beam setup.

If its H4 then go for 100/90 philips rally or Hella's. Just goto a reputed shop though. Most stuff in original packaging also is often duplicates.

Thumba thanks kanre i think its H1 & H4?? not sure getting it done in RAC hope they have a good source to get the original bulbs?
Old 19th August 2008, 17:04   #2030
BHPian

Philips HID for SX4

All

I had Philips HID 6000K installed on my SX4. Yet to check it at night but even in the day, I could see the lights clearly so hoping for a super effect. Its 35W, so no tension of bulbs conking off or the current stock wiring under strain.

Will post pics soon. It cost me back by 10K.

Cheers,
Meer
Old 19th August 2008, 17:07   #2031
BHPian

A small comparison

Tried everything in H4 ranging from stock 60/55W bulbs to 130/100W philips rally bulbs on my ride. I guess the best bet would be to stay with 100/90W rally series from philips or 100/80W offroad series from osram. Just installed these osrams today and eagerly waiting to check them out at night. Found that the philips rally 130/100 range are the brightest i have seen until now. Extreme power n illumination but sadly dont last for long. The bulbs blacken very quickly specially if using hi beams a lot. This reduces the light intensity in just a few days. Also they heat up the headlamp lens enough to fry an egg on . The lens cannot be touched in as short as five minutes after switching on if the vehicle is not moving. Vehicles having plastic components in the assembly may have problem with these bulbs. Also loads up the alternator quite a bit. Also tried out the chines ones which mention 135/150 and so on. Very pathetic with those. Would be best to stay away from them. I got them off ebay for 400 bucks a pair. Took them out n installed osram offroad 100/80. Will add more on the osram offroad performance after checking them out tonight.
Old 19th August 2008, 18:47   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
All

I had Philips HID 6000K installed on my SX4. Yet to check it at night but even in the day, I could see the lights clearly so hoping for a super effect. Its 35W, so no tension of bulbs conking off or the current stock wiring under strain.

Cheers,
Meer
I got my hid kit for 20k bucks a year ago .. Seems prices have really been slashed by philips. Did you get the slim ballast with external ignitor system and hi/lo control box? or is it a single beam type..? About its performance..its awesome.. lights up the road half a km in front of you.. how about your experience with the sx4 reflectors? Ive installed mine on the baleno. Had to re-aim the headlights myself after fixing it cos the hid tube comes with a glare shield which was not present on the original H4 bulbs.
Old 19th August 2008, 19:53   #2033
BHPian

Osram 100/80W offroad

Tried out my new bulbs and found them excellent.. The difference between this and the more powerful 130/100 is really not that noticable. The beam travels far n quite wide. Blind spots are minimum. I felt the philips 130/100 did not have the spread of the osram 100/80. But this might hav been an alignment issue. The osrams also tend to heat up a bit tho not as much as 130/100. The beam spread and focussing would also depend varying from car to car. A bit more expensive compared to philips 100/90 but would recommend this bulb to all users looking for a bulb upgrade. Just hoping this would last longer than the 130/100s..
Old 20th August 2008, 09:53   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
the slim ballast with external ignitor system and hi/lo control box? or is it a single beam type..?
The slim ballast is meant for colder countries and low temp environments.. thats about it.
Old 20th August 2008, 16:37   #2035
BHPian

Also the slim ballasts are quite easy to install cos they can be stuffed in thin spaces in the engine bay.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:31   #2036
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Are the high power bulbs compatible?

Hi Abhi,

Another query this time. I want to upgrade the bulbs in my Alto LXi from the current 60/55 W Philips Crystal Visions to a brighter 100/90 W bulb.

Kindly give me your suggestions on which bulb to choose.

Also, you mentioned that you have a 100/90 installed in your Alto, so, I just want to know if this high power bulb has led to darkening/blackening of your reflectors and dulling of the plastic headlamp cover.

Please note that my Alto LXi comes with plastic headlamp covers and I'm not sure if I should go in for a high power bulb because it might damage the reflectors and plastic headlamp covers in the long run.

Your inputs on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pritish
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I have 100/90W Phillips Rally...Cost:155 / bulb. + Rally (around 250)
Excellent for highways. I used it for the highways trips. Total cost was around 600 odd rupees.
It nullifies the on coming traffic a lot but make sure u dont put it on while the car is halted for longer time as it gets damn hot and might melt the area adjacent to the bulbs (as suggested by MASS). Dont cross more than 100/90 W for an Alto. This is the best wattage for upgradation.

Infact I am thinking of putting the 60/55 W stock kit too for city use and the 100/90 for highways and higher speeds.

Abhi

OHH yes, relay is used because the stock wiring is designed only for 60W power. Higher power at same voltage means higher current, hence bigger wiring crosssection (P = V * I) to support that current.

Abhi

Just caught hold of the bill, i have done in Surakshaa, MASS, bangalore

1) Wiring Harness - 190
2) Headlight relay - 217
3) Bulbs(2) - 276 (i got discount as MRP was 155 / bulb)
4) 30 amps fuse - 42
5) Labour - 150
---------------------------------
Total - 875 + some tax

Abhi
Old 21st August 2008, 19:30   #2037
BHPian

Guys, I need help with this ASAP. I have fitted my civic with projector Headlights with 6000k HID's in the low beams but the visibility is very very poor. I can't see any thing in front of the car, but on the sides, visibility is great..
Can someone please guide me how to focus/ adjust the focus of the lights as there is very little space in the civic to put in my hand to adjust . Besides, i was not able to find any knob for the focusing.
Old 22nd August 2008, 07:40   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
All

Cheers,
Meer
I would like to know the legal angle of driving with 6000k HID in cities. Also can you give me the address of the philips dealer from which you bought it.
Old 22nd August 2008, 21:19   #2039
BHPian

hi everybody got philips original hid kit installed in my verna vgt about 2 months back.satisfied to the brim.now want to hid fogs too.doo i have to install everything for 20k again????
Old 22nd August 2008, 21:33   #2040
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
hi everybody got philips original hid kit installed in my verna vgt about 2 months back.satisfied to the brim.now want to hid fogs too.doo i have to install everything for 20k again????
or you could spend about 8k and get fake bosch or something.

Most Viewed