Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 12:19   #1981
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
tsk,
I already have silverstar on my swift. It is useless when it is raining and when it is night time. That is the reason i want to go for 100/90. I see a lot of postings that Narva is good

questions:

You have suggested buy from Philips distributor can you tell where is the distributor in Bangalore?
Where can I get (reliable original) Narva bulbs in bangalore?
Some have suggested Green tracks. Where is it in bangalore?
1. Pick up any autocar india, they have Philips regional office numbers
2. Narva have blue coating which reduces light, so if you want more light avoid blue coated bulbs. Moreover cops will also stop you
Old 4th August 2008, 13:39   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Moreover cops will also stop you
For what?

They could never make out the difference between a 65/55W or a 100/90W without looking at the bulbs directly. And the blue coated ones dont give out brightness of an HID light, so dont understand why the cops would stop anybody, they have never stopped me! I am using Hella 100/90W with yellow light and previously Phillips Bluevision 100/90W bulbs with a slight blue tinge and white light.
Old 4th August 2008, 14:11   #1983
BHPian

cananyone tell me is it safe to use 130/100 doesnt it damage the plastic glasses of the headlight unit (i was told so by a local electrical fellow)?i am currently runnin on 90/100 the visibility with this light is not upto the mark for me,and what are the things i need to change before putting this?i currently have relay for this ,and whats the difference btw h4&h7?is it a direct plug n play for h4? need help
Old 4th August 2008, 14:46   #1984
BHPian

tsk,
Are you suggesting that philips is better than Narva or Osram. If so which one of the philips should I pick up. (crystal vision, diamond vision, rallye) etc
Old 4th August 2008, 15:00   #1985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithz View Post
cananyone tell me is it safe to use 130/100 doesnt it damage the plastic glasses of the headlight unit (i was told so by a local electrical fellow)?i am currently runnin on 90/100 the visibility with this light is not upto the mark for me,and what are the things i need to change before putting this?i currently have relay for this ,and whats the difference btw h4&h7?is it a direct plug n play for h4? need help
Given an option, steer clear of the 130/100. Your local electrical fellow is right, and even assuming plastics hold up, there are cases where the bulbs dont. If you arent satisfied with 100/90, look at adding fog lights or HIDs.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:06   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
cananyone tell me is it safe to use 130/100 doesnt it damage the plastic glasses of the headlight unit (i was told so by a local electrical fellow)?i am currently runnin on 90/100 the visibility with this light is not upto the mark for me,and what are the things i need to change before putting this?i currently have relay for this ,and whats the
What car do you want to run these bulbs on? Lot of members are using 100/130 on their rides without much complications.

I feel 100/90 bulbs produce sufficient lighting, check if your head lamp assembly requires replacement (if they are balcked out or reflector already damaged). Post some day light pictures of HL.

Quote:
difference btw h4&h7?is it a direct plug n play for h4? need help
They fit different, H4 are double filament bulbs with high and low beam in one. H7 are different. All replacement bulbs are plug and play. Google them!
Old 4th August 2008, 16:25   #1987
BHPian

Has anybody over here used bulbs from WUERTH ?If so could you post the reviews.
Old 4th August 2008, 22:13   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Souljah!

Are the lighting in ur headlamps and fogs HID or halogen bulbs?
The picture I posted earlier is with only the fogs on.

Low Beam - H1 6000k
High Beam - H1 Halogen

Fog Lamps - H8 4300k

The build quality of the lumax fogs arent all that great.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:58   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
check if your head lamp assembly requires replacement (if they are balcked out or reflector already damaged).
Your Honda desparately needs a replacement or HIDs since your headlamps are "SMOKED"-quite literally.

Last edited by abhik : 5th August 2008 at 15:05.
Old 5th August 2008, 15:10   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
cananyone tell me is it safe to use 130/100 doesnt it damage the plastic glasses of the headlight unit (i was told so by a local electrical fellow)?
Check the given link to my post with pics, you would realise that it is harmful for the reflectors and do damage them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post905418
Old 5th August 2008, 16:45   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
can anyone tell me is it safe to use 130/100 doesnt it damage the plastic glasses of the headlight unit (i was told so by a local electrical fellow)
Quote:
What car do you want to run these bulbs on? Lot of members are using 100/130 on their rides without much complications.
I am using Philips Rally 130/100W bulb since last few months with separate relays for each bulb and ceramic(bakelite) holders. Touch wood,no problems till date.
I have used the same type bulbs in my previous M800 for >3yrs.Never had a problem.

Its true the 130/100W bulbs generate enormous amount of heat,but you have to have properly fitted individual relays,good wiring harness capable of carrying extra load and maintain the reflectors as well.
See my Gallery page,the lights are there.

Happy driving!

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 5th August 2008 at 16:49.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:15   #1992
Team-BHP Support

Many people do not find problems with 130/110W. but some do.There is a 15-20% risk that the 130/110 will foul the reflector, so if you are willing to take the risk, you can go ahead.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:22   #1993
Team-BHP Support

A thin layer of dirt and grime on your head lamps will reduce the brightness.
Dirty windscreens will reduce visibility to a great degree.

Try keeping them as clean as possible.

Maybe you will not really need such high power lights.

just my two very annoying cents.
Old 5th August 2008, 21:46   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Your Honda desparately needs a replacement or HIDs since your headlamps are "SMOKED"-quite literally.
Ya dude, now I don't have to actually spend time and money to get them SMOKED!! They're a natural ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp
Its true the 130/100W bulbs generate enormous amount of heat,but you have to have properly fitted individual relays,good wiring harness capable of carrying extra load and maintain the reflectors as well.
Excellent point, very true if you want high power bulbs to perform well.

I have also seen headlight assemblies that have small heat outlet pipes to prevent them from melting or getting damaged.
Can anyone comment whether it is an OK option to drill a hole or 2 in a sealed HL assembly to disperse heat? I know there is a problem of dust/moisture but if the bulbs are 100/130, the moisture will vanish in seconds due to the heat.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 5th August 2008 at 21:47.
Old 5th August 2008, 23:11   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone comment whether it is an OK option to drill a hole or 2 in a sealed HL assembly to disperse heat? I know there is a problem of dust/moisture but if the bulbs are 100/130, the moisture will vanish in seconds due to the heat.
What about rain-water seeping in mate?
That would be surely curtains for any head-lamp set-up! Best options are to switch off your head-lights when you dont require them,like in well-lit streets,when you are standing at some red-light,etc. Dont keep flashing between high and low beams constantly. Check more often than required for any signs of wear 'n tear.

Or
one can fit either of these -->
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-2108.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-maybach62.jpg  

Most Viewed