Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 16:09   #1966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
UC just wait for a couple of days, August 10th. onwards the Philips HIDs will be costing 9K in kolkata, thats the news. Now if u have already invested then the additional greens spent will make u green .
Can anybody suggest me about HIDs for Balenos? Infact , I am absolite clueless and confused

9K !
Thats wonderful news me-sid bhai,
but getting Philips original HIDs at 9K is a bit too much IMO.Whats the source of your news and is that with B&W? Philips sells HIDs with B&W by the way,unlike other brands.Can you share a little more detail on this sid bhai?
Old 29th July 2008, 23:26   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Was supposed to post this here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/919305-post409.html

Got Rally 90/100W @ TVS rely/wiring kit for my Safari. Cost me 800rs. Awesome upgrade.

Was surprised to see Philips 55/60W ,Made in Germany, halogens as OE !
Old 29th July 2008, 23:57   #1968
BHPian

Congrats das :-). And the upgrade happens. Who did the upgrade for you, TASS or TVS ? No warranty issues ? I am still holding off myself from any modifications to the stock wiring due to warranty related issues that might crop up because of this.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:41   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom77 View Post
Congrats das :-). And the upgrade happens. Who did the upgrade for you, TASS or TVS ? No warranty issues ? I am still holding off myself from any modifications to the stock wiring due to warranty related issues that might crop up because of this.
Motorplaza. There is NO wire cutting or sort. Plug and play job. Just has to make a hole on the cap that covers the rear to let the holder in. Thats all.

Will try to post a pic by sunday.

TASS charges you %^&. Had to pay 800 for fixing a pair of horn!
Old 30th July 2008, 21:37   #1970
BHPian

Hi friends

I own an opel astra 98 petrol. My lighting visibility is really dull. I have also installed hallogen lights 90/100 and a relay kit. but it is still of no use. The visibility in the night is really poor. Please help me out friends. What should I do. I was suggested to install a xenon lighting kit, but dont know what to do. Please suggest.

PLEASE.

Thanks and regards
RacingHart
Old 31st July 2008, 08:26   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingHart View Post
I have also installed hallogen lights 90/100 and a relay kit. but it is still of no use. The visibility in the night is really poor.
Which halogens ? Get a reputed brand like Philips Rallyeye or Hella's.

Also focussing is almost always the culprit.
Old 31st July 2008, 09:57   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
kutlee has the extreme power on his OHC. However he had sourced them from the UK. Tried hard mnyself to source the same from Hyderabad, but to no avail. Do update us if you are able to lay your hands on these.
Hi Suren, you can place the order https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php they will deliver to India. Can this be connected to OHN with just a convertor connected?
Old 1st August 2008, 11:44   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Currently running 4300k H8 bulbs in the fogs and it beats the 6000k h1 in the projector when it comes to difficult conditions.

Its not just that... even most of the 4300 available will actually be 5000k (would still suffice). After a bit of research I sourced them abroad from an OEM manufacturer, unfortunately they dont deliver to India.

Im switching to 4300k low beam also as just the fogs doesnt give optimum performance.

The pic is with the fogs on but before I did some focussing. Once it heats up you can notice a pinkish hue at the cutoff point.

Hi Souljah!

Are the lighting in ur headlamps and fogs HID or halogen bulbs?
Old 4th August 2008, 11:10   #1974
Senior - BHPian

hello guys, i need a small help.
i dont know what bulbs are fitted in the OE maruti alto headlamps , old ones not the crystal clear new alto headlamps.

i observe that some morons dont use dipper at night, on top of that even someone blinks on them they dont bother to lower their beams. mostly these are insane lady drivers or buddhas who dont know what beam they are driving on. but also there are some guys who purposely do this.

now all i want is to replace my OE lights to something that will blind them and force them to either lower beam or get out of the way.

but i dont want to melt my holders or any other complication with electricals. please suggest me what bulbs and which make shall i put.

Thanks in advance
Old 4th August 2008, 11:27   #1975
BHPian

Hi team,

My Zen blew her right-eye low beam. They were stock bulbs. Can anyone suggest what kind of bulbs I should go in for? I am almost an illiterate when it comes to the specifications. I would not want to go in for something expensive. Please do suggest if I should go in for stock bulbs again or something better.

The only lighting available for me are my headlights as I have no fog lamps or any kind of additional lighting.

Would I be able to change the focussing myself or would it be wiser to take it to the mechanic?

I do a lot of night driving when I am travelling.

Thanks much,
Old 4th August 2008, 11:39   #1976
BHPian

Sorry to ask this trivial question again. Which are the best 100/90 H4 bulb for my swift. I already have osram silvestar 55/60. I also have 55W H11 fog lamps. The reason I surely want to go for 100/90 is I could hardly see the road at night when it is raining. I really had a very scary experience yesterday. so I have made up my mind and I definetely want to upgrade to 100/90. I do not want to waste money any more on the highfi 60/55 bulbs.

I think that is the only way to go. So please suggest me which one should I go for
1. Narva
2. Philips Rallaye
3. Osram
4. Hella

Any other brand if applicable.

I will go with Bosch or roots relay.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:45   #1977
Team-BHP Support

If you can get Philips original(hint:buy from distributor) it will be the best for 100/90W. Don't forget relay and ceramic holders.
If you want more power, go for 130/110W but make sure you have entire wiring kit with holders made for 130/110W installed. Roots has such a kit for 700rs.

@deadguy, you can go for Osram silverstar +50% 60/55W if you don't want to fit in relay and holders(600 rs extra minimum), otherwise you go ahead with what I suggested in 100/90W range
Old 4th August 2008, 11:56   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you can get Philips original(hint:buy from distributor) it will be the best for 100/90W. Don't forget relay and ceramic holders.
If you want more power, go for 130/110W but make sure you have entire wiring kit with holders made for 130/110W installed. Roots has such a kit for 700rs.

@deadguy, you can go for Osram silverstar +50% 60/55W if you don't want to fit in relay and holders(600 rs extra minimum), otherwise you go ahead with what I suggested in 100/90W range

Hi tsk,

I think i will go in for the Osram silverstar +50% 60/55W.

Thank you very much for the immediate response,
cheers:
Old 4th August 2008, 12:05   #1979
BHPian

tsk,
I already have silverstar on my swift. It is useless when it is raining and when it is night time. That is the reason i want to go for 100/90. I see a lot of postings that Narva is good

questions:

You have suggested buy from Philips distributor can you tell where is the distributor in Bangalore?
Where can I get (reliable original) Narva bulbs in bangalore?
Some have suggested Green tracks. Where is it in bangalore?
Old 4th August 2008, 12:16   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Has any one used this?? Is this available in india??

sorry for quoting an old post... but really intrested in these.... how can i procure these? is there a website from where i can order online? went to zetecs.com but their market place is not available.

FORD FIESTA MK5 BLACK ANGEL EYE PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS on eBay, also Head Lamps, Lights Lighting Accessories, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 12-Aug-08 00:37:41 BST)

found these on ebay... is some one coming from uk ?

Last edited by govigov : 4th August 2008 at 12:22. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks