Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 00:04   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian

No rocket science, so dont worry. Upgrade to 90/100W regular (yellow - not blue/white) halogens and you'll look forward to driving in the dark. The total cost including relay, wiring harness, bulbs and labor would be around Rs. 1000
Old 18th December 2007, 00:29   #1217
Team-BHP Support

Agree with theMAG

Just go through this thread. Will cost you around 1k. The rest of the 2ks in your budget, you can donate for me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html
Old 18th December 2007, 01:41   #1218
BHPian

Hi Guys
I am running my Matiz off the stock bulbs. However, I got a relay fitted sometime back as the dipper switch melted (?). The relay says 200W on it and the make is 'Techno'.
Could someone please suggest If I can upgrade to Halonix 90/100 W +60% with the current relay? Would it cause any damage to the clear head lamps of Matiz?
Also, even with the relay fitted, if I press the power windows button, the headlight seems to dim a little (takes some load)? Is it normal for it to do so?

How is the relay supposed to be connected? Is there a wiring diagram I can follow?
How to set the level of the headlamp in Matiz? I tried hard but couldn't find the levelling screws.
Old 18th December 2007, 03:34   #1219
Senior - BHPian

jus remember to keep a decent bulb for driving in city too. else please worry for the day every biker runs an HID
Old 18th December 2007, 04:04   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, this should be easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
No rocket science, so dont worry. Upgrade to 90/100W regular (yellow - not blue/white) halogens and you'll look forward to driving in the dark. The total cost including relay, wiring harness, bulbs and labor would be around Rs. 1000
I think my kit was more like 800 rupees but no matter. My upgrade, relay and harness, allowed me to use 40% brighter Philips bulbs.

Any GOOD auto electric shop will know what will work in your Fusion. If he does not know immediately walk out and find someone who does know.

However, I took special care to AIM MY Bright headlights a little more to the left and a little down so as to not BLIND oncoming traffic. They work great.

Take care of the other guy.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:30   #1221
BHPian

Does using brighter lights other than the standard ones fitted by the OEM attract penalty? Is it against the law?

Arun
Old 18th December 2007, 11:28   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
when you want is then just go for it. it looks very cool inthe zen carbon. what colour is you car. .
A Zen Carbon will always be Black in Colour

Zen Steel was in silver colour

& yes smoked lamps should look good in a Zen Carbon
Old 18th December 2007, 11:55   #1223
BHPian

I'm getting rave reviews about philips X-treme H4 bulbs. Where can I source philips X-treme H4 bulbs in Chennai? How much it costs?
Old 18th December 2007, 13:38   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

Not sure if Phillips India has started legal import of the +80% Xtremes. I had mine delivered from Autolamps Online (http://www.autolamps-online.com/prod...%20centre.htm)

The total cost was Rs. 1689 & delivered within 2 weeks.

As they are stock wattage, there is absolutely no need to fit an relays/cutouts etc. I changed the bulbs in 15 minutes flat in my Aveo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh75 View Post
I'm getting rave reviews about philips X-treme H4 bulbs. Where can I source philips X-treme H4 bulbs in Chennai? How much it costs?
Old 18th December 2007, 14:04   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
As they are stock wattage, there is absolutely no need to fit an relays/cutouts etc. I changed the bulbs in 15 minutes flat in my Aveo!
What are your first impressions about spread, intensity etc. please share?
Old 18th December 2007, 15:06   #1226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
Is it against the law?
Its not legal.

Sometimes, driving with stock lights is such a pain. I think its better to have upgraded lights in low beam. (Our transport and heavy vehicles never go to low- beam. Thats far more dangerous)

As for penalty, i haven't heard such cases yet. But my experience is rather limited!
Old 18th December 2007, 15:07   #1227
BHPian

Thanks for your replies guys...
Just a query...whats up with Xenons ? Are they any good ? If yes, what brand and what rating ? What will be the cost of installation ?
Old 18th December 2007, 16:34   #1228
BHPian

No Replies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Hi Guys
I am running my Matiz off the stock bulbs. However, I got a relay fitted sometime back as the dipper switch melted (?). The relay says 200W on it and the make is 'Techno'.
Could someone please suggest If I can upgrade to Halonix 90/100 W +60% with the current relay? Would it cause any damage to the clear head lamps of Matiz?
Also, even with the relay fitted, if I press the power windows button, the headlight seems to dim a little (takes some load)? Is it normal for it to do so?

How is the relay supposed to be connected? Is there a wiring diagram I can follow?
How to set the level of the headlamp in Matiz? I tried hard but couldn't find the levelling screws.
Please reply, I need to get this done soon. Also, In Matiz, Is there a default wiring for Fog laps? Or do we need a relay for that as well?
Old 18th December 2007, 23:46   #1229
BHPian

I am planning to move from Crystal Vision to Philips Extreme. Is it worth changing it.

Does Extreme produces white or yellow light?
Can you post some pics ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi,

Not sure if Phillips India has started legal import of the +80% Xtremes. I had mine delivered from Autolamps Online (http://www.autolamps-online.com/prod...%20centre.htm)

The total cost was Rs. 1689 & delivered within 2 weeks.

Old 19th December 2007, 00:25   #1230
BHPian

Ramesh75 you can get it in gp road (mahavier) or in (star auto) i too got my crystal vision in that shop .it cost me around 900.

guys if any one is interested in HID xenon watch this video

[url=http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html]Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks