Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2007, 11:05   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous View Post
Hi all,

I want to mod Optra's lights from company fitted to white light. All your advices will be appreciated.
I heard something about projected lights. Whats that?
How about HID kit? What cost?
what about lights for low beam, high beam & fog lamps?

Kindly give your precious opinions. What cost in total & who's the best dealer for all this in Gurgaon / New Delhi?

Thanks
Vik
In addition to above, I'd also like to know that are there any issues if we use just Philips crystal/diamond vision bulbs instead of HID kit?
Old 29th November 2007, 11:08   #1142
BHPian

Has there any rule come out or about to be public that
HID kits are going to be BANNED in New Delhi? (even few dealers are talking about this)

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Vik
Old 29th November 2007, 12:53   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody installed Fog Lamps in Alto ?

I heard from a friend that MGA fog lamps are avilable for Alto but I am yet to confirm this.

Any idea which fog lamps would suit the current Gen Alto(with square grilles in bumper)

@shuvd: Yes HIDs can be used in Fog Lamps, Vikram18(pune) has them in his Civic

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th November 2007 at 12:55.
Old 29th November 2007, 13:40   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has there any rule come out or about to be public that
HID kits are going to be BANNED in New Delhi? (even few dealers are talking about this)

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Vik

This is news to me. Is this true?

But how can they ban HID Kits as all luxury/ expensive cars carry HID's as OEM equipment? They would have to deal with the manufacturers directly if the ban has to be imposed otherwise how could this be implemented.
Old 29th November 2007, 13:46   #1145
Team-BHP Support

Actually many things are already banned. Motor vehicles act specifies certain guidelines pertaining to automotive headlights. Due to issue of national security they will not tell you what are the guidelines but you can be fined for not confirming to those.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:41   #1146
Senior - BHPian

On my Last visit to BAL's chakan plant, we asked the R&D people if govt has any guidelines on wattage or luminance of headlights(for bikes) & they replied in negative.

Btw any info on fog lamps for Alto ??
Old 29th November 2007, 15:05   #1147
Team-BHP Support

Go through the motor vehicles act. There is a note about headlamps and foglamps.
As for the new alto, I doubt there is anything from Maruti, but if you look at the bumper, you can fit in huge proper fog lamps there, not just tiny pretenders all other cars have
Old 29th November 2007, 16:37   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Hmm I dont know then why BAL's R&D guys said so..

Yes the grilles are too big for fitting a decent size Fog lamp, I mean I dont want to fit a Rally one, just some thing which will look aesthetically good & do its job as well. Also I cant think of fitting any other car's FL as none of them have this big & square setup :(
Old 1st December 2007, 14:35   #1149
BHPian

Hi team,

Any idea if instead of HID kit (due to ban in New Delhi), we use Philips crystal / diamond vision tubes? What do you suggest in order to increase the intensity of head lights in place of company fitted lights? I want to get rid of yellow lights & put decent white lights on my Optra.
Also, if we change it to white lights, is it true that default wiring will be tampered?

Can you also suggest good dealer in Delhi?
Thanks,
Vik
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:00   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi team,

Any idea if instead of HID kit (due to ban in New Delhi), we use Philips crystal / diamond vision tubes? What do you suggest in order to increase the intensity of head lights in place of company fitted lights? I want to get rid of yellow lights & put decent white lights on my Optra.
Also, if we change it to white lights, is it true that default wiring will be tampered?

Can you also suggest good dealer in Delhi?
Thanks,
Vik

Vikram,

In-Lieu of HIDs you can have only options available is to use is Philips lighting products of the std wattage for Optra namely Crystal Vision / Blue Vision / Vision Plus so as default wiring can be used.[IMG]Philips[/IMG]

Also, in-case u want the the wattage to be increased to 90-100 then only default wiring need to be tampered, which can be considered as another option.

However, you as far as HID installation is concerned, it also does not conclude any type wire cutting or some thing it's more or less something Plug-n-Play like this [IMG]HID Installation Kit[/IMG]

However, You can choose your color/type flavor here [IMG]Types of Tubes available with Philips [/IMG]

Regarding installer, i would recommend you to get these tubes from a authorized shop and get it installed in 10 min from your friendly Local mechanic in 10 mins flat.

Cheers !!

Ashish
Old 3rd December 2007, 16:53   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Vikram,

In-Lieu of HIDs you can have only options available is to use is Philips lighting products of the std wattage for Optra namely Crystal Vision / Blue Vision / Vision Plus so as default wiring can be used.[IMG]Philips[/IMG]

Also, in-case u want the the wattage to be increased to 90-100 then only default wiring need to be tampered, which can be considered as another option.

However, you as far as HID installation is concerned, it also does not conclude any type wire cutting or some thing it's more or less something Plug-n-Play like this [IMG]HID Installation Kit[/IMG]

However, You can choose your color/type flavor here [IMG]Types of Tubes available with Philips [/IMG]

Regarding installer, i would recommend you to get these tubes from a authorized shop and get it installed in 10 min from your friendly Local mechanic in 10 mins flat.

Cheers !!

Ashish

thanks Ashish.
any recommended place to buy it from here in Delhi (NCR)?

cheers,
Vik
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:36   #1152
BHPian

Philips H4 X-treme Vision (55/60)

Guys, Any news on the Philips H4 X-treme Vision bulbs? Are they available officially out here, as yet? I think they were supposed to hit shelves by mid Nov, anyone seen them around?
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:43   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Ashish.

cheers,
Vik

HID are freely available all over Delhi at all the major accessories shops.
But be beware of the quality as there are alot of fakes also doing the rounds of the markets.

It would be good if you happen to know personally the owner as then there would be less chances that he may try to fleece you.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:01   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Guys, Any news on the Philips H4 X-treme Vision bulbs? Are they available officially out here, as yet? I think they were supposed to hit shelves by mid Nov, anyone seen them around?
Ive finally got my hands on a pair of Philips X-treme power bulbs. They look great. Cant wait to put them on my NHC and see the difference. I asked a friend to get them for me from Singapore. They are not yet available in India.
Old 4th December 2007, 09:18   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Ashish.

cheers,
Vik
Vikram,

Well.. if you have any link in Kasmere Gate, ask him to get the sets from Siyaram (Distri) otherwise give a try to Ashoka Car Emporium, Karol Bagh, Near Bikaner Sweets Corner.

Or may be i can try to arrange it for you if needed, through my friend.

Regards,
Ashish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks