Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:38   #991
Team-BHP Support

reachmash, we put Osram Silverstar (50+) in a 3.0 safari and the performance is great. The light throw and intensity is much better than OEM.
However different cars have different reflector designs, I don't know how will they be in a ford.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:38   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Swift fog lamps have 12V, 55W H11 bulbs.

they are H8, 12V, 35W, atleast thats the one i saw in my swift zxi (2005 model) make Halonix. I recently changed them to Osram as one of the halonix burned out. H11 and H8 share the same connector hence it can be interchangably used i believe.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:44   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Taking a cue from babhishek's post above, what would be a good upgrade to the Swift's fog lamps? These are H8 halogens, right?
The stock ones have no effect, and I am in desparate need of some better lighting on our cratered roads. I don't need any cosmetic lights, just solid driving lights.

On another note, the Philips Xtreme Power (+80) headlamps are working ok. Not a huge improvement, but definitely better than OE. I've had to do some major tinkering with the headlight aiming screws to make the beam fall on the right spot. To be honest, I don't think the Lancer has very good reflectors...

Hi Razor,
You mean you changed your swift lights to Philips +80 and adjusted aiming ? I too upgraded my swift lamps to Osram SS +50 after which noticed that the right lamps throw is shorter than the left ones by atleast a metre. Can you please tell me where is the aiming screw located in the swift headlights ? I tried and found one on the headlight which needs removal of fender lining to get better access for adjusting the same however not sure if thats the aiming screw. Could you / someone else throw some light :-) on this ?
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:54   #994
Senior - BHPian

Guys
I have a query regarding headlights
On the delhi roads I have seen certian cars specifically Honda Civics & Skoda's and their head lights looks like someone is using a very powerful spotlight or the light that is emitted from flood lights. I cannot specifically explain what they look like but are very very bright and looks like daylight (in a slightly bluish tinge) infront of the car. I do not think that they are xenon lights as most of the expensive cars like mercs etc come with xenon and these appear different.
Ironic but if someone could please shed some light on this
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:04   #995
BHPian

Hi everyone! Today I saw one car coming in the opposite direction, having xenon lights, a very clean projection of light, two small circles (by projectors). I thought it was Skoda Octavia or Laura, but when it came closer to me, I was surprised!!! It was a Corolla!!

I had a look at the headlamp as it passed me. Proper setup. Looked like an OEM.

The high beam was the normal halogen bulb.

Are Projector setups available for Corolla?

EDIT: Looking up Google, I think it was like this, but not gold in color.. The normal silver color

Thanks
cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 22nd October 2007 at 19:21.
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:17   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Hi Razor,
You mean you changed your swift lights to Philips +80 and adjusted aiming ? I too upgraded my swift lamps to Osram SS +50 after which noticed that the right lamps throw is shorter than the left ones by atleast a metre. Can you please tell me where is the aiming screw located in the swift headlights ? I tried and found one on the headlight which needs removal of fender lining to get better access for adjusting the same however not sure if thats the aiming screw. Could you / someone else throw some light :-) on this ?
Oops... guess my post was a bit confusing.
First off, I own a Lancer, not a Swift. The +80 bulbs are being used in the headlights.
Plus, I have retrofitted Swift fog lamps on my Lancer. My query was regarding these fog lamps. The stock Swift ones are not that great, and I was looking for better bulbs.

Not sure where the screws are to aim the HL in the Swift. Hopefully a Swift owner can help you out. In the Lancer, there are 2 sets of screws (Left/Right and Up/Down). The problem here is that you need to stick your fingers in to turn the screws (more like rotary knobs)... so you can only do this when the engine is cold. Not much scope for trial and error here (unless you own some fancy protective gloves!).

@ported-head: Thanks for that piece of info. Any suggestions on a good bulb in this spec?
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:47   #997
BHPian

Projector headlights for Cedia ?

Is projector headlight assembly available for Cedia? pls. share if anyone is aware of availability in delhi/NCR and how much these would cost.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:50   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
reachmash, we put Osram Silverstar (50+) in a 3.0 safari and the performance is great. The light throw and intensity is much better than OEM.
However different cars have different reflector designs, I don't know how will they be in a ford.
TSK, can you let me know the product description for the Safari? I've narrowed down a couple of stockists of Osram in Kashmiri Gate (as recommended by Osram Office in Gurgaon) and just want to make sure I'm not getting the wrong one. The website lists 3 types of H4 SS - FS1, FS2PET & UNV1
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:54   #999
Team-BHP Support

Its H4 60/55W +50%
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:04   #1000
Senior - BHPian

I need help.

I have a swift in which i have installed a HID kit 6000k in the headlights.
Now i want to install a HID xenon kit in the fogs also.As of i know the swift fog lamp is H8 bulb.

Can you guys please advice of what kit to go in for.Has anyone got xenons installed in the fogs??
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:57   #1001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Guys
I have a query regarding headlights
On the delhi roads I have seen certian cars specifically Honda Civics & Skoda's and their head lights looks like someone is using a very powerful spotlight or the light that is emitted from flood lights. I cannot specifically explain what they look like but are very very bright and looks like daylight (in a slightly bluish tinge) infront of the car. I do not think that they are xenon lights as most of the expensive cars like mercs etc come with xenon and these appear different.
Ironic but if someone could please shed some light on this
those lights are xenon lights/HID, they do come in other cars too like skoda laura, octavia L&K, new toyota camry, etc. these don't come factory fitted in most of the cars, but aftermarket xenons are now available everywhere, so you can get them fit in almost any car. so, the powerful bluish lights you saw were xenons/HID.
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:48   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Update: Dhanno was not driven much last week as I was not well & did not go to office or anywhere else for 4 days straight apart from short trips to get some medicines & eggs etc.

On Sunday when i took her out in the evening & switched on the Headlights I saw the left bulb's high-beam conk off, I tried switching the lights on & off a couple of times then just to check & surely enough that took out the right high-beam too!

So on Tanveer's advice, had the alternator checked out today & turns out there was some problem with it & a small part needed to be replaced (full details will be available tomorrow). After that in the evening fitted Halonix +60 100/90 in both lights.

Intial Impressions: Whiter light than the Hella Gold's but not white-white. Quite usable on the highway & quite bright. Spread is also quite good. For the price (Rs. 90 each), highly recommended.

P.S. Thanks for the advice & shop location Tanveer.

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd October 2007 at 23:50.
Old 24th October 2007, 14:35   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
those lights are xenon lights/HID, they do come in other cars too like skoda laura, octavia L&K, new toyota camry, etc. these don't come factory fitted in most of the cars, but aftermarket xenons are now available everywhere, so you can get them fit in almost any car. so, the powerful bluish lights you saw were xenons/HID.

thanks sanchits for the info, could you also tell me if you have any idea as to how much the xenons cost and do they have both low & high beams. Also are xenons car specific or universal for all cars. I am planning to fit on my Safari that i would be getting delivered next week
Thanks
Old 24th October 2007, 16:14   #1004
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
thanks sanchits for the info, could you also tell me if you have any idea as to how much the xenons cost and do they have both low & high beams. Also are xenons car specific or universal for all cars. I am planning to fit on my Safari that i would be getting delivered next week
Thanks
you can get xenons for your safari. they will be H4. you will have high and low beam. they should cost anywhere between 6-20 thousand.. get either 6000k or 8000k xenons.
Old 25th October 2007, 09:57   #1005
BHPian

i wanted to change the tail light bulbs.
is that possible.

are the bulbs availabe of few more watts than then stock for the tail lights....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks