Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:16   #1111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Hey akshay,
What alternative do I have if I don't go in for HIDs? Just curious, could you tell me how much HIDs cost approximately ie., 7000k + conversion kit .
if you dont go for hids you can get 100/90w bulbs. the hids should cost b/w 6-12k.
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:37   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspreetdhindsa View Post
hey guys i need to find out if there will be any problems while fitting xenons on a laura elegence? i'm asking this cause the guy who installs them said that the low beam lights on the car are connected to the car's ecm(for the coming home lights and stuff) and fitting after market xenons will be a problem as they will flicker once the car starts and might even damage the car's ecm. . . is this true?? and if yes then whats the solution?? cause i want xenons in the projectors, cause they look coool!!
both true and false.

true: there is a control module for lights,etc. which should play well with the new lights or it might just conk!

false: the control module for lights is different from the control module for engine (ecm).. so it will not have any effect on the engine,etc.. but your modification can potentially affect the control module for lights.
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:44   #1113
BHPian

I was told that this is excellent combi for an Optra for lights mod:
low beam - H7 - HID
high beam - H1 - Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision

Whats the opinion about it? How costly this deal can vary?
Just in case, if I go for Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision H7 (low beam) & Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision H1 (high beam) for optra, how good is it?

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2007, 22:22   #1114

ok thanks androdev. so what do u suggest i do? should i go ahead and put the xenons or is it too risky?? i'm planning to put siemens or phillips.
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:35   #1115
BHPian

Most Of The Shop Keepers Dosen't Know . U Can Get It On E Bay Search It
Old 24th November 2007, 10:22   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Hey I had asked this a few months back but was unable to get a concrete answer.

Akshay1234 had suggested that changing the bulb holder would suffice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/492509-post554.html
Old 25th November 2007, 09:29   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey I had asked this a few months back but was unable to get a concrete answer.

Akshay1234 had suggested that changing the bulb holder would suffice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/492509-post554.html
Query was whether an H7 HID Kit can be fitted into the H8 slot of the Swift fogs ?
Old 25th November 2007, 12:25   #1118
BHPian

higher watt bulbs for the city

i got a 1198 honda city. i was lookin out for sum good bulbs..i reak thru the thread and found tht everyone was talkin abt those philips bulbs. i jus spoke to my friend about gettin them and they said powerful bulbs like the philips crystal vision will affect the plastic lights or summin like tht i din really get him but neways id really like to knw the best bulbs for my city...anythin apart from a xenon conversion kit is fine
Old 25th November 2007, 12:32   #1119
BHPian

Hi gurus,

I'm facing this problem for some time in my venerable old Wagon R. I was facing less lighting problem with my stock bulbs, so I upgaraded with relays, wires etall to Philips rallye 90/100. However, I'm still higly unsatisfied. The right side lighting is still bad, while the left side lighting has improved. I was told by the mechanic that this is because of the reflector.

Now what are my options? Can I change only the reflectors or should i change the whole head lamp unit? If I can change the reflectors please suggest me a few places in Bangalore where this can be done.

Regards,
LS Jeyaraman
Old 25th November 2007, 14:02   #1120
Senior - BHPian

My uncle has a new WagonR, he upgraded bulbs to 100/90 but the mechanic said no relay required and now he is running 100/90 without relay. Can this damage the headlights, wiring. Does the new WagonR require a relay?
Old 25th November 2007, 15:50   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
My uncle has a new WagonR, he upgraded bulbs to 100/90 but the mechanic said no relay required and now he is running 100/90 without relay. Can this damage the headlights, wiring. Does the new WagonR require a relay?

dude
the relay has to be fixed at frist place. i too did the same thing driving all night without relay with 90/100W. few of the fuse got burnt which is really dangerous.. my as stopped working. indicaters too stopeed working.. get it dont man.. plz no delay... is a serious matter.
Old 25th November 2007, 15:51   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Hi gurus,

I'm facing this problem for some time in my venerable old Wagon R. I was facing less lighting problem with my stock bulbs, so I upgaraded with relays, wires etall to Philips rallye 90/100. However, I'm still higly unsatisfied. The right side lighting is still bad, while the left side lighting has improved. I was told by the mechanic that this is because of the reflector.

Now what are my options? Can I change only the reflectors or should i change the whole head lamp unit? If I can change the reflectors please suggest me a few places in Bangalore where this can be done.

Regards,
LS Jeyaraman
i suggest you go for set of head lamp units.
Old 26th November 2007, 01:37   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous View Post
I was told that this is excellent combi for an Optra for lights mod:
low beam - H7 - HID
high beam - H1 - Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision

Whats the opinion about it? How costly this deal can vary?
Just in case, if I go for Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision H7 (low beam) & Philips crystal/blue/diamond vision H1 (high beam) for optra, how good is it?

Cheers

still waiting for a reply
Old 26th November 2007, 13:27   #1124
BANNED

Guys,

Yesterday went to Shopkeeper to upgrade my zen's bulbs to 90/100 lamps for shop keeper said Rs 150 for 1 Phillips Bulb + 10 rs installation Charge, it doesn't req cutouts ( relays ) total cost : 320Rs

Time for installation : 20 mins

shd i go ahead without relays ?

pls suggest i dont want to play with my car's electrical

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 26th November 2007, 13:29   #1125
Team-BHP Support

I suggest you go to a different shop and get relay fitted. they will change your bulbs without any installation charge(installation charge will be for the relay and holders)

Most Viewed