Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 17:00   #1231
BHPian

Went ahead and got Philips Rally 130/100 fitted with Roots Relay....now its amazing daylight all around
Old 19th December 2007, 21:11   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I am planning to move from Crystal Vision to Philips Extreme. Is it worth changing it.

Does Extreme produces white or yellow light?
Can you post some pics ?
The light is whiter than the stock, but not as white as maybe Crystal / Blue vision.
And oh yes, it is definitely brighter and street legal. I had my NHC stocks changed to Xtreme power and must say the difference is very evident and it gives almost 40% better light. I was unfortunately not able to take snaps of the before. Will take some of the after and post them soon..Watch this space.
And overall is it worth it? I'll say rather than spending 1100 on the 90/100 W+ the relay, spend a hundred less and retain your original headlight fitting. I got a friend to get them for me from singapore, it cost approx 1000 INR. It's costier from Lampsonline (about 1650 INR).
Old 19th December 2007, 23:48   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
The light is whiter than the stock, but not as white as maybe Crystal / Blue vision.
And oh yes, it is definitely brighter and street legal. I had my NHC stocks changed to Xtreme power and must say the difference is very evident and it gives almost 40% better light. I was unfortunately not able to take snaps of the before. Will take some of the after and post them soon..Watch this space.
And overall is it worth it? I'll say rather than spending 1100 on the 90/100 W+ the relay, spend a hundred less and retain your original headlight fitting. I got a friend to get them for me from singapore, it cost approx 1000 INR. It's costier from Lampsonline (about 1650 INR).
Thanks for the update. I will try to find whether any of my friend can bring it from Singapore.

Waiting for your pics.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:21   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me where i can get a wide range of HID kits in bombay? I want H4 & H7 kits. I want to checkout the cheap ones as well as the expensive ones.
Old 20th December 2007, 13:20   #1235
Senior - BHPian

I have got installed best of both worlds in my sweet Optra

HID Kit - H7 - Low Beam
Philips Blue Vision 90/100 - H1 - High Beam (Proposed to be done on Saturday)

Still very happy with HID performance.
Old 20th December 2007, 13:27   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pani View Post
Went ahead and got Philips Rally 130/100 fitted with Roots Relay....now its amazing daylight all around
Don't you think it will damage reflector which are actually meant for 55/60 Wattage temperature. Go through the thread, you'll find many examples for the same.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:21   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Don't you think it will damage reflector which are actually meant for 55/60 Wattage temperature. Go through the thread, you'll find many examples for the same.
It may in the long run. My dealer was thinking of not ordering 130s in the future as he had 3 clients complaining of meltdown.
Old 22nd December 2007, 19:56   #1238
BHPian

I have installed the Phillips DiamondVision Ultimate Blue in my SX4. The performance of this bulb is better than the stock bulb but it is not very bright as expected. I bought this pair for Rs 900/-. The good part is it does not need any rely. May be i should go for upgraded version of bulb (100/90 - i had a fear of spoiling my headlight reflectors, so i had opted for DiamondVision) later for a brighter light. The vendor had both CrystalVision which is 4300K and DiamondVision which is 5000K. Does this kelvin reading mean the increase in the brightness? I know DiamondVision produces more heat than CrystalVision based on the kelvin reading but does DiamondVison produce more brightness than the CrystalVision?
Old 23rd December 2007, 11:40   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
I have installed the Phillips DiamondVision Ultimate Blue in my SX4. The performance of this bulb is better than the stock bulb but it is not very bright as expected. I bought this pair for Rs 900/-. The good part is it does not need any rely. May be i should go for upgraded version of bulb (100/90 - i had a fear of spoiling my headlight reflectors, so i had opted for DiamondVision) later for a brighter light. The vendor had both CrystalVision which is 4300K and DiamondVision which is 5000K. Does this kelvin reading mean the increase in the brightness? I know DiamondVision produces more heat than CrystalVision based on the kelvin reading but does DiamondVison produce more brightness than the CrystalVision?
Hi,
Pls read through this thread.You have enough updates to prove that 100/90 is any better than+60% versions of 60/55 and has to be used with relys and the works.I have used this setup in all my cars from M800/bolero/esteem/SX4/SCORPIO without any damge so far.
Old 25th December 2007, 11:04   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
I have Crystal Vision in my SX4, though its brightness is more than Blue Vision, I am not satisified with it. Planning to go for Philips x-treme 60/55 +80% more light.
Old 25th December 2007, 15:06   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Is Xenon bulbs RTO approved?

Hi, I have a question regarding Xenon lamps. Are the Xenon lamps RTO approved in Karnataka? Around a year and a half back(I guess), someone told me that they are not approved by RTO and police are catching cars with such headlamps. Any idea on this one guys?

Btw, Am using 100/90 halogens on my Swift with the cutout. Any wiring or cutout changes when I change to Xenons?

Awaiting you reply guys. Thanks in advance!
Old 29th December 2007, 14:59   #1242
BHPian

Good brand fog lamps

I am looking to change my fog lamps in my Wagon R - stock location. The current ones are lame. Which is a good company to look for. Philips make a lot of good bulbs for headlamps, but I think it is a little difficult to get good stuff for the fogs. Any suggestions?
Old 29th December 2007, 17:11   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried out the Osram Nightbreaker? Ive been told that they are around 90% brighter than conventional bulbs but never experienced them yet. What is the colour temperature of these bulbs?

Epic
Old 29th December 2007, 17:15   #1244
BHPian

I would not recommend Fashtek, me and my friend have purchased 4 kits from Fashtek(over a few months) all kits have some issues or other.
Such as :-
Bulb loosing intensity after prolonged use(10,000kms)
HID stops working sometime(arbit)
Old 2nd January 2008, 09:17   #1245
BHPian

Bumper lamps

Hi,

I own a scorpio and have fitted standard Lumax lights on my bumpers , It really is not of great help and light thrown is average and is now use as a additional light . ( i do not want to call it Fog lamps as they are not but is the one which comes factory fitted .

Can you suggest a good bulb that i can replace this with current ones and what will be cost and any other impacts apart from the positives of better light throw .

Regards.. kat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks