Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:00   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoo82 View Post
I have heard that the Philips Xtreme is better than Osram. Does it belongs on the reflectors or the solely on the bulbs itself.
Even on the forrum I drew an conculsion that Philips outdo Osram.
I don't know the answer to the Osram vs Philips question, but I do know that the reflectors play a major role in the quality of light.
Case in point, I have Philips Xtreme Power (+80) on my Lancer and OE bulbs on my Santro. The Santro's clear lens headlights are brilliant, while even with brighter bulbs the non-clear lens Lancer headlamps struggle.
So please keep in mind that the reflectors play a vital role in the light spread and quality.
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:10   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Oh agree with you completely Razor just came back tonight from a long drive in my mother's Santro with stock headlight setup & the throw & spread of these lights is simply unbelievable compared to even the clear lens headlights & 100/90 bulb setup in Dhanno!

It lights up the road fantastically & makes fast driving a doodle since you can literally see more than you need to! Must say, very impressive piece of design from Hyundai.
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:55   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Altos comes with Halonix as OEM?
Yes sir alto comes with Halonix as OEM.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:18   #1294
Senior - BHPian

iraghava,i completely support this and i believe even my verna lights are not as good as the santros.and its even better than most of the cars ,sub 10 lakh bracket.the best part is that we can easily identify a santro during night drives comming in the opposite direction just by the illumination its creating,other cars having the same quality would be skoda laura,or say a double ligt merc and elantra to mention common cars.
ram
Old 24th January 2008, 01:31   #1295

Are Philips Xterme Vision available in Pune City? I am not sure whether they are compatible with the Palio Stile SLX Light Assembly.
Please friends help me in this matter.
Old 24th January 2008, 09:10   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Are Philips Xterme Vision available in Pune City? I am not sure whether they are compatible with the Palio Stile SLX Light Assembly.
It would be compatible depending on whether the Palio uses H4 or H7. I assume it's H4 in which case it would work just fine. I've no idea about availability in Pune but I haven't even seen it around Bangalore. You can order it online from AutoLamps.
Old 24th January 2008, 13:25   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,your Palio Stile should be having the same bulb layout as the previous Palio,H1 for high beam and H7 for low beam. Sorry,I don't have any idea about the availability in Pune. But if its available in Pune,they should be offering it in a H7/H1 option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
I assume it's H4 in which case it would work just fine.
No,the Palio Stile has two separate beams for low and high. So definitely NOT H4.

cya
A
Old 24th January 2008, 14:09   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
No,the Palio Stile has two separate beams for low and high. So definitely NOT H4.
Thanks for that information. Well, in that case Philips X-treme Vision bulbs won't be an option since they only come in H4 & H7.
Old 24th January 2008, 14:25   #1299
BHPian

While doing some googling came across this Halonix site...are these bulbs any good. I was interested in upgrading for my Swift LDi.

Phoenix Lamps Limited
Old 24th January 2008, 16:55   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Thanks for that information. Well, in that case Philips X-treme Vision bulbs won't be an option since they only come in H4 & H7.
No worries about this issue! Why not he do a combination of Philips X-treme Vision bulbs H7 for the low beam and GE H1 140w for high beam! That should give a scare and a burst of brightness

cya
A
Old 24th January 2008, 21:44   #1301

Quote:
Hey,your Palio Stile should be having the same bulb layout as the previous Palio,H1 for high beam and H7 for low beam. Sorry,I don't have any idea about the availability in Pune. But if its available in Pune,they should be offering it in a H7/H1 option.

cya
A
I guess they are H1s and H7(May be I am wrong) The presnt light is fine but not good enough on Highways.
I enquired about Philips Vision Plus in Pune and a dealer quoted me around 1250/- for a pair.
I think these bulbs are not that costly.
Any inputs on these guys?
Thanks.
Old 24th January 2008, 21:46   #1302

Quote:
No worries about this issue! Why not he do a combination of Philips X-treme Vision bulbs H7 for the low beam and GE H1 140w for high beam! That should give a scare and a burst of brightness

cya
A
Hey Absar,
That is too much light on the road........ May be I would be driving under Flood Lights. Anyways thanks for the advice.
Old 25th January 2008, 08:27   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
I enquired about Philips Vision Plus in Pune and a dealer quoted me around 1250/- for a pair.
I think they are way overpriced. I remember seeing them on ebay (around 6 months back) for approx 550 bucks (for a pair). Are you trying to stick to the 55/60W? In that case check out other options like Narva, Osram & Halonix. If it's 90/100W that you want to upgrade to, then my choice would anyday be the Philips Rally bulbs. In my opinion, the best halogen bulb in that category.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:31   #1304
BHPian

Originally Posted by Epic
I will be fitting Bosch H8 HIDs in my fogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I finally did some jugaad and installed the H7 kit in my fogs, heheh. H8 will be a perfect fit. How much is the kit costing you?
Guys please post some pics and the pricing details
Old 26th January 2008, 06:22   #1305
BHPian

Want to know if any one has installed a BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER on their car or bike , how to install is not an issue , want to know if it is LEGAL in india to have a flashing brake light ,
also for moderators is there ne thread to discuss the motor law of india ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks