Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 20:38   #3481
BHPian

I got Narva 100/90 installed in my car today. Pretty bright but not as much as I expected them to be. They are white in color and the high beam intensity has significantly improved. Is this the same illumination provided by Philips Xtreme power too?
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:34   #3482
Senior - BHPian

i10 Lighting

I have a i10 1.2 and the stock lighting is not good enough for highway driving. What i heard from the service guys in Trident was that i10 lighting is something very different from other cars and they cannot upgrade to higher wattage. Is it true ?
And what i heard from my ICE setup guy was that i can fit Nightbreakers which will give better lighting.
Please suggest.
I searched through the auto lighting thread could not get any answer about it, so posting this question.

-Santosh
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:35   #3483
BHPian

philips x-treme power H4 in hyderabad

I am trying to source Philips X-treme power H4 in Hyderabad.
I have tried many places. Only place it is available is at Pit Stop in somajiguda. He is quoting 1600/- for a pair .
I know this too expensive. Can anyone tell me where else I can get it in Hyderabad at reasonable price.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:35   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
I have tried many places. Only place it is available is at Pit Stop in somajiguda. He is quoting 1600/- for a pair .
I know this too expensive. Can anyone tell me where else I can get it in Hyderabad at reasonable price.
One guy told me yest that philips bulbs and hid kits are in shortage. From the company itself. dont know how reliable is this. I got narva installed therefore. If you can wait till monday evening, I can update you.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:55   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
I got Narva 100/90 installed in my car today. Pretty bright but not as much as I expected them to be. They are white in color and the high beam intensity has significantly improved. Is this the same illumination provided by Philips Xtreme power too?
How much did it cost you. Which relay and wiring you got installed and from where.
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:42   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried many places. Only place it is available is at Pit Stop in somajiguda. He is quoting 1600/- for a pair
In Pune it is available in plenty at Reliance Auto Zone (part of Reliance mart) at about 1200/- a pair. Check these outlets in Hyderabad, if you get them.

-BJ
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:24   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost you. Which relay and wiring you got installed and from where.
Costed me about 900 for the bulbs. Got a Kaiser relay and wiring kit.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:42   #3488
BHPian

Alto HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Costed me about 900 for the bulbs. Got a Kaiser relay and wiring kit.
I too recently upgraded my Alto stock bulbs to these. Compared to the previous bulbs performance, there is a good improvement in both short as well as long beams. I don't think, these are not that blinding to the oncoming traffic like the other extreme white bulbs. I'm satisfied with the performance. Bulbs + wiring harness & relay costed me 1300 (700+600) in Bangalore (neighborhood auto shop).

Cheers,
KK
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:11   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Time for HIDs to switch on!

Hi All,

I have installed P4 Hid kit in my headlight assembly for my Swift which are H4 bulbs. The are 6000K and I am very happy with the output, throw & vision produced.

I however, have one question which I am sure most have you have observed very often. Whenever I switch on my HIDs, especially for the first time, they take atleast 4 seconds to come to their full potential obviously as they need to heat up. However, I have noticed that in cars like Skodas, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. their HIDs are at their full potential all the time which makes them capable to even flash their lights without any issues like the one facedin after market HID fitments.

Why this difference?
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:31   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi All,

I have installed P4 Hid kit in my headlight assembly for my Swift which are H4 bulbs. The are 6000K and I am very happy with the output, throw & vision produced.

I however, have one question which I am sure most have you have observed very often. Whenever I switch on my HIDs, especially for the first time, they take atleast 4 seconds to come to their full potential obviously as they need to heat up. However, I have noticed that in cars like Skodas, BMWs, Mercedes, etc. their HIDs are at their full potential all the time which makes them capable to even flash their lights without any issues like the one facedin after market HID fitments.

Why this difference?
Is that because they use HID for only low beams and high beam are on halogen. Flashes are always on high beam.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:34   #3491
Senior - BHPian

can anyone tell me how to calculate the lighting load that a car can take.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:35   #3492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Is that because they use HID for only low beams and high beam are on halogen. Flashes are always on high beam.
Hi Shyam,

I would probably agree with you on Skodas or VWs but I am very sure that I have seen BMWs; especially the 7 Series & Mercs; especially the S-Class; with HIDs on high beams also which flash at their full potential without any issues. And I am sure as they give out the typical HID flash & colour temperature too.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:48   #3493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
can anyone tell me how to calculate the lighting load that a car can take.
Since, no one answered yet, let me attempt with following empirical formula.

Alternator o/p = total watts by oem equipments + battery charging watts + extra available.

On a typical car we have approx:

1) 2 HL = 120w
2) 2 FL = 110w
3) 2 TL = 30w
4) 2 BL = 40w
5) 2 trafficators = 30w
6) Stereo = 50w
7) Horn = 40w

Assuming all are on at the same time (worst case), total watts consumed (TW) = ~420watts

Steady alternator wattage = AW ( can be found from specs/factory)

Battery ampereage = AH ( can be found from car specs/battery manual)

Extra available watts (EW)** = AW - TW - (AH/10)*12

**(Assuming battery needs to be charged by 1/10 amp hr rating)

e.g. assuming,
AH = 40 ah
AW = 600 w
TW = 420 w

EW = 600 - 420 - (40/10)*12 = ~130w

Plus, keep some extra watts for occasional load like AC servo motor, cigar lighter, cabin light, wipers, windows etc.

That means a car with 600 watts alternator and 40AH battery will have about 120 watts to spare at peak load.

Comments welcome.

-BJ
Old 24th November 2009, 20:23   #3494
BHPian

130/100 watts lucas holder type bulb

Hello,
I have been using the 13/100 watts lucas old holder type bulb on my vehicle but now the bulb has fused out and I am not able to find the same anywhere in bangalore could someonehelp me out with this and let me know where I can find these , I even searched the whole of JC road and the Bulb is not availaible they say that the Production of the same has stopped. Please please help me I have been running around without the headlight for now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th November 2009 at 21:14. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 21:43   #3495
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot BJ96. that was very informative. let me check the specs of my car now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks