Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 09:38   #3511
BHPian

Hi motomaverick, actually I wanted to go for Ralley 90/100 (normal), but he only suggested EV. They are equally bright but as you said correctly it will not reflect that well. These are 500/= a pair.

BTW, does that brand "Super" relay is good? I checked with others few says it's good, few recommends roots. Any idea on this?
Old 9th December 2009, 10:20   #3512
Senior - BHPian

Got the Hella Relay kit and Hella 90/100w bulb fitted to my ANHC. Looking pretty bright. Got it from HotTracks in bangalore.
Old 9th December 2009, 16:33   #3513
BHPian

how much the hella relays costs? is it better than roots or all are almost same?
Old 11th December 2009, 12:54   #3514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Got the Hella Relay kit and Hella 90/100w bulb fitted to my ANHC. Looking pretty bright. Got it from HotTracks in bangalore.
Pardon my lack on knowledge on this, Does this mean you simply replaced your bulbs with the newer bulbs+Relay kit? I'm assuming you have not added external lamps that we see on SUVs/MUVs.

I'm about to replace the bulbs for my Palio and I was considering Philips xtreme power 80+% -Would I be able to go with Hella relay kit + Hella 90/100w bulbs? would that be better compared to Philips xtreme power 80+%?
I'm on Sarjapur road, appreciate if you can tell me who will be the nearby dealer / shop I go with!
Old 11th December 2009, 13:37   #3515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Pardon my lack on knowledge on this, Does this mean you simply replaced your bulbs with the newer bulbs+Relay kit? I'm assuming you have not added external lamps that we see on SUVs/MUVs.

I'm about to replace the bulbs for my Palio and I was considering Philips xtreme power 80+% -Would I be able to go with Hella relay kit + Hella 90/100w bulbs? would that be better compared to Philips xtreme power 80+%?
I'm on Sarjapur road, appreciate if you can tell me who will be the nearby dealer / shop I go with!
Yes, its just replacing Newer bulb+Relaykit, nothing external, wont take more than 15 mins.

And you can use your old 60w bulbs in case of emergency in the new relay, experts correct me if i am wrong ?

Go for 90/100w instead of philips xtreme or Osram night breaker, 90/100w bulbs are pretty cheaper, you get more brightness, total cost for installing relaykit will be lesser than these special bulbs.

You can get it done anywhere in any shops in JC Road or few shops are there near garuda mall opposite LifeStyle. I got it done in HotTracks(opposite to hyderabadi biryani), just before Lifestyle if you are coming from Old airport road.

Just be prepared to bargain, Hella relay kit cost Rs 800 and extra for bulls, so total cost should be less than 1200. Known company for relay kits are roots, hella, bosch, PMP,...

Last edited by shamanth : 11th December 2009 at 13:41.
Old 11th December 2009, 21:34   #3516
Senior - BHPian

^Thank you Shamanth,
I shall check with some shop on JC Rd. Where do we have Reliance AutoZone in Bangalore! is it going to be a good idea to check with them first? I assume/understand that it doesnt need extra wiring (for Palio).

Also, I have got seperate bulbs for high and low beams so its going to be four bulbs, I hope I get bulbs for such an arrangement.

Anyone has got this fitted to Palio! Your views are welcome!
Old 11th December 2009, 23:31   #3517
BHPian

Does relay cost this much that we need to think upon to fit it. Fitting a relay for better night vision would not create any problem if fixed properly. My zen comapny lights were poor, then i fitted Roots relay with 100/90 roots bulb the ligth power is perfect.
Old 12th December 2009, 23:38   #3518
BHPian

Weird issues after installing HID kit

Hi All,

I'm facing a weird issue after installing Xenon H4 HID Kit in my Verna. I got it installed from Car Palace, Trivandrum and there were no issues when they tested it. I was told it will take around 1 minute for the lights to warm-up initially after they are switched on.

The next day evening, while driving to my home, I switched on the head lights and this is what happened..
  1. the lights were on, they were dim initially (as I was told earlier)
  2. In the instrument panel display, the following weird things happened
  3. the hand brake signal came on (i was driving and hand brake was not engaged)
  4. the tachometer needle which was showing 1500 RPM, immediately came down and showed 0
  5. the speedometer which was showing around 50kmph, immediately came down and showed 0
  6. the fuel gauge needle came down and showed E (empty)
  7. after about 2-3 seconds, when the head lights started to brighten, all the above displays went back to their normal readings.
All the display issues (3 to 6) happened at the same time. No other displays in the instrument cluster came on. This happens ONLY when I switch on the lights after they have been off for a long time (say in excess of 1 hour) and they go through the warm-up state.

I took the car to Car Palace and they checked the setup again and confirmed everything is ok with the fittings. I could not show them the issue since the lights were on for quite some time by then. They said this is the first time they have heard such a thing. Can anyone help me with this? I dont get a clue to what could be the reason for this behaviour...

Thanks in advance
Old 16th December 2009, 23:52   #3519
BHPian

Where can I get 4300k HID kit in Delhi, most of the shops stock 6000k and above. Anyone knows any trusted dealer who can arrange the 4300k HID ?
Old 17th December 2009, 00:43   #3520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Hi All,

I'm facing a weird issue after installing Xenon H4 HID Kit in my Verna. I got it installed from Car Palace, Trivandrum and there were no issues when they tested it. I was told it will take around 1 minute for the lights to warm-up initially after they are switched on.

The next day evening, while driving to my home, I switched on the head lights and this is what happened..
  1. the lights were on, they were dim initially (as I was told earlier)
  2. In the instrument panel display, the following weird things happened
  3. the hand brake signal came on (i was driving and hand brake was not engaged)
  4. the tachometer needle which was showing 1500 RPM, immediately came down and showed 0
  5. the speedometer which was showing around 50kmph, immediately came down and showed 0
  6. the fuel gauge needle came down and showed E (empty)
  7. after about 2-3 seconds, when the head lights started to brighten, all the above displays went back to their normal readings.
All the display issues (3 to 6) happened at the same time. No other displays in the instrument cluster came on. This happens ONLY when I switch on the lights after they have been off for a long time (say in excess of 1 hour) and they go through the warm-up state.

I took the car to Car Palace and they checked the setup again and confirmed everything is ok with the fittings. I could not show them the issue since the lights were on for quite some time by then. They said this is the first time they have heard such a thing. Can anyone help me with this? I dont get a clue to what could be the reason for this behaviour...

Thanks in advance
id say get your electrical system check. from your alternator to your battery. the lights seem to be putting alot of strain on your cars electrics when they are switched on. hids use the most current when they are just switched on.
Old 17th December 2009, 10:34   #3521
BHPian

SX4 headlight upgrade doubt

Hi
This is my 1st post here.But i am not new here.Have been following this community for 6 months.
Had got my new SX4 Zxi AT 3 days back.

The car's gr8.Will come up with a review soon.

The only issue i am facing presently is the lack of power of the headlamps.

The service guy told me they dont recommend headlamp upgrades to xenon....but he said there was no problem in altering the fog lamps.
Since I am not a car tech...dont have much idea abt it.

Will there really be any problem if I upgrade the headlamps to xenon?Should i approach another service centre?

Or is it enough to upgrade the fog lamps to xenon to get the visibility i desire?

Really looking forward to our bhpian pandits helping me out.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:12   #3522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
^Thank you Shamanth,
I shall check with some shop on JC Rd. Where do we have Reliance AutoZone in Bangalore! is it going to be a good idea to check with them first? I assume/understand that it doesnt need extra wiring (for Palio).

Also, I have got seperate bulbs for high and low beams so its going to be four bulbs, I hope I get bulbs for such an arrangement.

Anyone has got this fitted to Palio! Your views are welcome!
You cannot put a 100/90W H4 in palio. which version of the palio are you having. If its the Palio pre NV of NV, then the below are the bulb specifications

1) Low beam - H7 55W. You can replace this with a H7 80W bulb with a wiring kit.

2) High Beam - H1 55W. You can replace this with H1 100W bulb.

Please ensure you have separate wiring kits for both the low beam and the high beam.

If its Palio Stile, then both the bulbs are H7 type. You can use the 80W bulbs for both the low beam and the high beam.

Hope this helps
Old 17th December 2009, 14:39   #3523
BHPian

Try changing to Phillips Rally Yellow 100/90. Amazing illuminitation !!
Old 17th December 2009, 14:41   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
In Pune it is available in plenty at Reliance Auto Zone (part of Reliance mart) at about 1200/- a pair. Check these outlets in Hyderabad, if you get them.

-BJ
hi bj, is there a reliance auto mart in pune? can u tell me the location. plz
Old 17th December 2009, 15:13   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Last week i had got my headlight converted to 90/100w, with hella relay and hella 90/100 bulb for my ANHC. Yesterday i saw one of my bulb high beam is gone.

Guys, do you think it was because of quality of bulb or something wrong in installation?

I am thinking of going to Philips rally bulb, hope this one will last.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks