Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:41   #3361
BANNED

The next generation of lightening.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:07   #3362
BANNED

Osram Night breaker or philips extreme for spark ?

OSRAM Night breaker H4 50/60 - This one is available at chennai - original pair costing 1350. will this one be better in terms of brightness & also the throw of the light.How safe is this one as the car is in warranty? The one which comes with spark is not that much effective so would like to change either to osram or philips extreme. looking for opinion.TIA
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:27   #3363
BHPian

Fog Light Wire Overheating

hi folks,

i have a suzuki alto. i got the foglights installed in the car. but i realised that the wiring of the fog light is getting over heated. a week back my car was full of smoke as the wires melted and there was a shot ciruit. luckily i could remove the battery and pulled out the faulty wires immediately.
i reinstalled the whole wiring with a fuse but i am facing the same problem again.

i would be very happy if someone comes to my rescue.

regards
SINGH
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:20   #3364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi folks,
i own a suzuki alto. i got fog lights installed in it. but lately the problem i was facing was that the wire used to get overheated. a week back there was a shotcircuit as the wire melted due to overheating.

after getting the fog light wire replaced with a proper fuse, i am facing the same problem. please help

regards
SINGH
Replace the wires with those having better/thicker gauge ones.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:30   #3365
BHPian

thanks for your reply janitha,

can u please guide me regarding which wire should i go for. enlighten me about the thickness and brands which produce such wires.

thanks
Old 3rd October 2009, 16:04   #3366
Senior - BHPian

I think automobile has different wires then the regular once? Finolex is a good brand but i dont think they have wires which is meant for automobiles?
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:28   #3367

HI guys.

I actually sourced the sonata projectors from a scrap yard for a personal project of mine. But i cant seem to identify the type of bulb used ?

H7 or H1 ? anybody ?
Old 3rd October 2009, 21:21   #3368
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your reply janitha,

can u please guide me regarding which wire should i go for. enlighten me about the thickness and brands which produce such wires.

thanks
Please use Finolex wires. For all normal connections (switchesto relay), you can use Finolex 21 series wire and for the heavy connections (from the battery to relay and relay to the lamps) please use Finolex 65 series wire. Also do solder all connections and use good quality (say, Pidilite Steelgrip) insulation tape on all connections. All the above would ensure utmost safety as well as maximum performance from your lights.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:36   #3369
BANNED

Get good branded wires like finolex , kalinga make to wire the kit.Else you can go for Maruti OEM kit also.
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:40   #3370
BHPian

great. thanks a lot buddy
Old 4th October 2009, 01:27   #3371
Senior - BHPian

Singh Ji, get the original stuff and keep your car away from Maglev's Accent.
Old 4th October 2009, 01:53   #3372
BHPian

SINGH Ji, same thing has happened with me in past, and i was much more horrified as at the time this happened, cause i got tank filled up 5 minutes before the smoke started and had my wife and new born angel along.

I was able to stop the smoke with ignition off, and instantly checked the bonnet.

hyundai road service was pathetic, they didn't arrived even after 2 calls and later they didn't picked my call.

Although a local mechanic came to my rescue and was able to take out burned wire and luckily the main wiring of car was not damaged.

since that day my fogs are un-plugged .
Old 4th October 2009, 08:30   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Baleno problem partially solved.

1) Earlier when I posted issues with Baleno headlight, nobody was able to point out which is the screw/adjuster for adjusting the height of beam. Then one day, thought that let me take the risk. When rjstyles mentioned that there is a screw just atop the assembly, I tried to locate the same on the assembly, but could not figure out that.

2) There is a plastic bolt located at the end of assembly. That from day 1 looked like its adjuster. No. 8 open spanner is required to rotate it. Worked with left headlamp assembly first. Rotated the bolt towards left, i.e. I was standing in front of the car, and then rotated the bolt left side. There was improvement!

Next it was turn of right side headlamp assembly. Rotated the bolt over towards right thinking that it might be design such that one has to rotate the bolt away from engine. I soon realized that this was disaster. On the Himmatnagar trip that we had to undertake, its was horrible to say the least.

Yesterday, rotated the bolt of right headlamp assembly towards left, and there was improvement.

Currently I have not taken any ride, but the height has gone up of beam. There is a wall around 10-15 feet away from where we park our car, I noticed that the height has gone up of beam. Finally now I can get the perfect setting I want.
Old 4th October 2009, 10:07   #3374
BHPian

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Singh Ji, get the original stuff and keep your car away from Maglev's Accent.
sure, i have to do that to prevent any further damage. moral of the story- put the handbreak when you park your car
Old 4th October 2009, 10:12   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
hi folks,

i have a suzuki alto. i got the foglights installed in the car. but i realised that the wiring of the fog light is getting over heated. a week back my car was full of smoke as the wires melted and there was a shot ciruit. luckily i could remove the battery and pulled out the faulty wires immediately.
i reinstalled the whole wiring with a fuse but i am facing the same problem again.

i would be very happy if someone comes to my rescue.

regards
SINGH
I have replied to your query in in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-224.html

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Most Viewed