Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 09:33   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Beejay - please refer my post on page 60 of the thread on Automobile Lighting elsewhere on the forum. It is also posted by Adheesh in the Premier Padmini Technical Information thread in the Vintage and Classic cars section. Don't spend money unnecessarily. Do exactly what I have written there, your headlights will work properly and you will be able to see the road.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
My headlights are functioning good as of now. I was considering an additional pair of lamps, primary reason there is a lot of fog in town especially during the nights. The headlights are of no help and I ride the CJ340 mostly at night.
The lights are purely for utility and not bling.

I always remember your quote, " you do not see how good your vehicle is, while you drive it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Member Sha has 4 of LF's on his Gypsy and swastikviji has 2 of LF's. I have seen Shakir's LF's in action on Bangalore - Krishnagiri highway at night and they work like a charm against the state RTC buses.

Also in the twisty roads of munnar where the local taxi jeepers drive like mad I have seen them stop dead like a rabbit trapped in the lights.

PS: Shakir did not use them on always ON mode. It was only switched on when needed or more like a dipper..
Spot on. I have seen them to work on a Skoda. We were on a cliff and the lights could literally penetrate into the hills. I was smitten then and decided I need one too. Man, I love those lights.

You should consider a pair for your beautiful spider too.

Last edited by beejay : 29th August 2009 at 09:35. Reason: You should....
Old 29th August 2009, 11:14   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Just the H8 to HID, I havent yet found the perfect fit projector fog lamp set up as yet.
Hi Sportsmind,

Which brand of HIDs are you using for for fogs?
Old 29th August 2009, 13:14   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Sportsmind,

Which brand of HIDs are you using for for fogs?
The brand is called X performance.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:29   #3259
BHPian

I may sound noob, but whats different between H4, H7, H1 bulbs? Which can I use for my Swift Headlamps?

How easy is it to connected there bulbs to my headlamp in the Swift, is it DIY?
Old 30th August 2009, 08:43   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humm View Post
I may sound noob, but whats different between H4, H7, H1 bulbs? Which can I use for my Swift Headlamps?

How easy is it to connected there bulbs to my headlamp in the Swift, is it DIY?
Humm,
Check this thread for info about bulb sizes.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ulbs-mean.html

Last edited by Fountainheader : 30th August 2009 at 08:44.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:43   #3261
BHPian

verna headlights

hi all
Forgive me if am posting this question on all the threads with verna keyword (i think i haven't). My problem is with the stock 60/55w headlights on my Verna SX. Its tooo bad at night and cannt even see the bicycles or people crossing the road from a safe distance. I consulted tbhp about this and got an answer with Philips 100/90w bulbs as a replacement. But when asked at a workshop, they said I have to replace the wiring kit, and reflector also, otherwise it will get burnt. I thought later step on to xenons and projectors, but seems bit expensive than I estimated. Now my questions are

1. If I change the bulbs from 60/55w to 100/90w, should I change the whole wiring kit and reflector? Of course it will void my warranty, I know, but how much this will cost in Kerala?
2. If I go for projectors on headlights, which kind of bulbs will be more economic and effective, halogens or xenons? What will be the cost for a balanced setup? Does these changes need any electrical alteration to the vehicle fuse system or will it affect the overall electrical supply of the car?
3. If I go for an expensive kit (bixenon with projectors for headlights and fog lamps), which one do you suggest and how much it will cost?

hope these questions will not make any one look at me from a side...

thank you
aneesh anand
Old 4th September 2009, 00:28   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
hi all
Forgive me if am posting this question on all the threads with verna keyword (i think i haven't). My problem is with the stock 60/55w headlights on my Verna SX. Its tooo bad at night and cannt even see the bicycles or people crossing the road from a safe distance. I consulted tbhp about this and got an answer with Philips 100/90w bulbs as a replacement. But when asked at a workshop, they said I have to replace the wiring kit, and reflector also, otherwise it will get burnt. I thought later step on to xenons and projectors, but seems bit expensive than I estimated. Now my questions are

1. If I change the bulbs from 60/55w to 100/90w, should I change the whole wiring kit and reflector? Of course it will void my warranty, I know, but how much this will cost in Kerala?
2. If I go for projectors on headlights, which kind of bulbs will be more economic and effective, halogens or xenons? What will be the cost for a balanced setup? Does these changes need any electrical alteration to the vehicle fuse system or will it affect the overall electrical supply of the car?
3. If I go for an expensive kit (bixenon with projectors for headlights and fog lamps), which one do you suggest and how much it will cost?

hope these questions will not make any one look at me from a side...

thank you
aneesh anand
Hi Aneesh,

There are a lot of posts here on this thread about both 100/90 and Xenons go through it at leisure to get a better picture. For now let me re-cap:

1. 100/90 require a relay + wiring kit + ceramic holders. Light will improve but might not be satisfactory if headlamp unit is not focussing the light properly.

2. Philips Extreme Power / Osram Night breakers in stock wattage give more light than other bulbs and come close to 100/90s. These do not require any relay/wiring kit/holders.

3. If going in for Xenons go in for low K temp i.e. not over 4000K and always use Xenons with projectors. This is an expensive proposition and there are a lot of fakes around.

My suggestion: Upgrade your bulbs to Extreme Power / Night breakers and fit additional driving lights (preferably pencil beams) from Hella / Lightforce.

Cheers,
Old 4th September 2009, 14:17   #3263
BHPian

thnx

thanks ravindra,
i searched the entire forum and found a lot of posts about verna headlights...
need patiance to go through all of them..
anyway your answer gave me a new option. Philips Xtreme power +80..!!!

By the way i got another doubt on additional bulbs.. If 'am going for extra bulbs, I have to change all wiring kit right? and if only change is the bulb, there needs no change at all !! What you say?

Aneesh Anand
Old 4th September 2009, 15:24   #3264
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Aneesh,

The Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are a good bet. They perform exceedingly well. If you are going to fit extra lights, make you you get a suitable wiring harness and proper wiring done to prevent any accidents later. Check the load on your battery and alternator as well to be on the safer side.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
gpa
Old 4th September 2009, 15:29   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
thanks ravindra,
i searched the entire forum and found a lot of posts about verna headlights...
need patiance to go through all of them..
anyway your answer gave me a new option. Philips Xtreme power +80..!!!

By the way i got another doubt on additional bulbs.. If 'am going for extra bulbs, I have to change all wiring kit right? and if only change is the bulb, there needs no change at all !! What you say?

Aneesh Anand
Extreme Power and Night breakers come only in stock wattages like 60/55 etc. Since the wattage is the same, they do not generate extra heat or draw extra power. They definitely give more light than stock bulbs (perhaps not as much as 110/100W bulbs) but a great improvement.

I was suggesting extra lamp fittings (Hella Comet - Hella Rallye etc.) - the ones you fit on your bumper or on a light bar in front of your grille. For this you need to connect fresh wires to draw power and make a circuit including a switch etc. It is advisable to use a relay for the extra lights. When I fit extra lamps - I wire them so that the extra driving lights come on only when the high beam is on. This is much less of a hassle when driving as when I dip my lights - both the headlights and the extra lights go off = a great relief to oncoming drivers.

Cheers,
Old 4th September 2009, 17:08   #3266
BHPian

thnx

thnx Ravindra,

That was a useful tip.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:05   #3267
BHPian

Anybody out there who bought the new Skoda Laura Elegance facelifted model? I wanna get xenon's (philips) fitted into the low beam projectors. I received news that skoda's ballast is incompatible with aftermarket xenons?! Any suggestions or good experiences....
Old 4th September 2009, 20:54   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Anybody out there who bought the new Skoda Laura Elegance facelifted model? I wanna get xenon's (philips) fitted into the low beam projectors. I received news that skoda's ballast is incompatible with aftermarket xenons?! Any suggestions or good experiences....
Why for heavens sake would you want to do that?! The Laura's lights are darn good and it is best to leave them alone. (I am presuming that the Elegance comes with Xenons for low beam). In fact it is wise to leave the electricals and electronics on the Skodas well enough alone.

Cheers,
Old 5th September 2009, 16:55   #3269
Senior - BHPian

Accent CRDI headlights

Dear All,

After the upgrade of my Palio's headlighting with all your support, its time for a new setup on the Accent. Accents stock lighting is poor in terms of vsibility. You may ask me why this feel after 5 years of use .
Our driver complained of the difficulty to drie during night especially when vehicles advancing does'nt dim the light or when we travel in a faster pace. Moreover thought of taking Accent for upcoming Goa trip instead of the Palio due to luggage space constraints. Hyundai told lights are to be upgraded to higher wattage halogens and also pointed out the issue with focusing the right eye hence to be replaced.

Believe me I have no clue on Accents specs since sed rarely when in native. Need your advice here, expecting the car to be in Bangalore by coming weekend. Need to cure the visibility problem without digging a hole in my Wallet.

Some questions that pass on my mind are...
1) How much would he assembly cost incase for replacement?
2) Will Nightbreaker be preferred over high wattage with relays?
3) Can a makeover be done for the bumper lights too?
Old 5th September 2009, 19:16   #3270
BHPian

I replaced stock halonix of my ikon tdci with new philips xtreme power +80% a month ago.
I found the bulb is only slightly better than the stock one.Not like the claimed 80%.And yesterday the low beam on one of the bulbs blew . Also the bulbs did not perform any better in rains.It is difficult to drive at night without the fog lamps switched off.
One of my friends replaced his stock santro bulbs with this one. He also told it is not that better than
the stock ones.

Last edited by bullboy : 5th September 2009 at 19:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks