Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 16:09   #3181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I have installed 4300k P4, very much satisfied with the light quality, thank you all for helping me make the right decision.

Cheers
Congrats! Which bulbs and for how much? What is the colour of the light when seen from outside?
Old 15th August 2009, 00:48   #3182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjohnpaul View Post
i'm anyways tampering with the car's wiring, so i gues i'l hae to overlook the warranty issue. i just need to know what coloured lights i should go for:
- HIDs - blue or white or yellow(normal)?
If you want to prioritize useful light, 4300k. Any higher color temperature and you trade usable light to gain bling and glare.

Quote:
- what wattage will give good lighting as well as not darken the glass
HIDs are 35w (55w - rare, but available) and they convert most of the 35w into visible light. There is no issue of darkening of glass because they waste less energy as heat compared to halogens.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:33   #3183
BHPian

thank you so much. so i guess, i'll go in for a HID not greaer than 4300k on my low beam. OSRAM Xenarcs are good? any othe suggestions? brand and model?
Old 16th August 2009, 01:57   #3184
BHPian

anyone? is there no higher wattage bulb for the Accord?
Old 16th August 2009, 12:19   #3185
BHPian

Why does one need different relay and wiring for a 90/100W bulb?
Old 16th August 2009, 19:54   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am thinking of upgrading my SX4's lights. Need something that is reliable, and not illegal. Are the Xenons legal? And what specs/brand/ model would you suggest?
Old 16th August 2009, 20:26   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Why does one need different relay and wiring for a 90/100W bulb?
So that the higher current required will be handled by the relay, thus ensuring longevity for the switch.
Old 16th August 2009, 20:44   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
So that the higher current required will be handled by the relay, thus ensuring longevity for the switch.
Thank you, I'm planning for Phillips 90/100W on my car, Do they outperform the stock 50/55w? All i need the new bulbs are for the high beam drivers who refuse to switch to low beam!
Old 16th August 2009, 23:14   #3189
BHPian

Yes 100/90 outperform stock. High beam blinders generally do not change their ways even if they are faced with 130/100. So do it if you need it.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:47   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
i'm anyways tampering with the car's wiring, so i gues i'l hae to overlook the warranty issue. i just need to know what coloured lights i should go for:
- HIDs - blue or white or yellow(normal)?
- which beam which colour and which light?
- what wattage will give good lighting as well as not darken the glass
Go for 4300k P 4 they come with 1 year warranty, you will not regret, great light quality. When you switch them on they are blue and within 30seconds when they heat up are yellowish which gives you a clear vision on the road.

Old 17th August 2009, 13:25   #3191
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
High beam blinders generally do not change their ways even if they are faced with 130/100. So do it if you need it.
Well said rohan. +1 to that. I would recommend you stick to stock bulbs unless you are really keen on making an upgrade to a 100/90 setup. Trying to switch to a 100/90 setup just to beat the jokers at their own game isn't very wise and is certainly dangerous.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:25   #3192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Friends,

I had fitted a HID kit for the headlamps of my Swift. I was advised to go in for the P4 HID kits of 6000K. These were fitted in November 2008 and also LEDs for my parking lamps. However, the LED bulbs fused after a month and so did ballast of the left headlamp. As the HID kit was under warranty, i had the same replaced free of cost and changed the LED to ones of a better quality. After a little more than a month, the LEDs fused again and just yesterday the left headlamp failed. This time the bulb had fused. I had the bulb changed again under warranty.

The HID kit has not even completed 6 months but has failed twice already. The LED parking bulbs always seem to fuse but i never have an issue with regular white bulbs. Again, why does only the left ballast or bulb fuse? Ive asked the distributor the same and he claims that sometimes they have encountered multiple complaints with certain cars only, but otherwise the kits have worked perfectly. He however does not claim the kits to be faulty nor does he claim an issue with the electricals of the car.

Can anyone please help me with this issue? I am also planning to fit HIDs in my fogs but reconsidering due to these reliability issues.

Epic
Hi All,

This is with reference to the above post. My LEFT ballast/bulb has failed again!! This is the 03rd time in 01 year that the same issue has cropped up. Can anyone please help me out with this issue? I have called the P4 representative and have asked him to change the entire wiring of the kit as i suspect the issue to be of the wiring and nothing else. Well atleast I hope I am right.

Epic
Old 17th August 2009, 16:29   #3193
BHPian

Finally had the right lights.

Finally found the right combination for my swift projector headlamps. The install is finally done. 100 Philips rally on my low beam (projector), 6000K HID on my high beam, and 4300K HID on my fog lamp. Just did a trip to kerala and back, just found it perfect on the highways, and also during heavy rains.
Cheers..
Old 17th August 2009, 19:25   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Finally found the right combination for my swift projector headlamps. The install is finally done. 100 Philips rally on my low beam (projector), 6000K HID on my high beam, and 4300K HID on my fog lamp. Just did a trip to kerala and back, just found it perfect on the highways, and also during heavy rains.
Cheers..
Which brand of HID kits are you using and how much do they cost?
Old 17th August 2009, 21:15   #3195
Senior - BHPian

Numak/ Compact Lamps?

Has anyone come across, or used these? They are Indian made, and claim to offer 1yr+ warranties.

Compact lamps, Halogen Lamps, Auto Lamps, Head Lamps, Xenon Lights, HID Conversion kit, Halogen Lamp Manufacturer India.

Xenon Lamps, Spy Cameras, Surveillance Solutions, DVR, LED Light, India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks