Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 11:23   #3076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Isn't this price too high as it is available for Rs 800 in bangalore.
Yes,it is very high. Unfortunately,all popular bulbs are costly in Trivandrum. But was too desperate to upgrade from Diamond Vision as it was very pathetic in illumination.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:32   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Isn't this price too high as it is available for Rs 800 in bangalore.
Hey bullboy, I'm going to AK Traders sometime this week to buy X-treme power. PM me if you want them. I can send it across.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:00   #3078
BHPian

has anyone considered the headlamp assembly of the Yezdi Roadking to be fitted onto your cars ? Comes finished in Chrome, is as big as a Hella 3000, has some neat grills on it to prevent damage to the glass area and the best part is that it costs less than 500 bucks a piece !

My questions are :

a) Can this accomodate a bakelite holder that houses a 100/90 or would some modifications be required ?

b) Would the reflectors be capable of handling the heat of a 100/90 ?

c) What would be cost of wiring, brackets, labour etc work out to ? Looking at an instal in my swift

d) Are there any other functional, good looking but cost effective alternatives to this ?
Old 15th July 2009, 11:31   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post

A bit late with this great idea..just ordered for the 4 load resistors from Hong Kong.

Thanks for the idea.
Hey Green horn, thanks mate for the inputs on this issue. The issue of fast blinking has been resolved with the load resistors which i received yesterday. Now the blinks are normal, with the amazing 36 led white indicators.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:54   #3080
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I'm going to AK Traders sometime this week to buy X-treme power.
Make sure you push hard for a discount, as a lot of T-Bhp members are frequent visitors to his shop.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:47   #3081
BANNED

My 1999 lancer diesel's lighting is poor. Its not sharp and bright. I think its normal OE wattage light, which emitting dull yellow light. How can i improve the lighting?

The glass and reflector is good. I think its the problem of bulb, But i dont know which bulb to go for and what wattage. Please help.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:18   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Hey bullboy, I'm going to AK Traders sometime this week to buy X-treme power. PM me if you want them. I can send it across
I pmed you. sorry for the being late. was busy with work.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:57   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yesterday evening got a setup done for my OHC, 100/90 bulbs+wiring+relay ( all were hella products), the moment I reached my home after the install, my left side halogen bulb got bust(mild phat sound) bulb shattered into pieces, I might have used the lights for hardly 25 mins. What could be the issue? The products are genuine & the dealer has promised me to replace the bulb.But I want to know as why this happened ?
Ok, the bulb was replaced(left side), yesterday evening while I was driving, my right side bulb's low beam went for a toss, now only high beam is working.So I want to know as why this is happening, now I'm really in doubt to take my car when it's dark.Yet to check the voltage output.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:05   #3084
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
My 1999 lancer diesel's lighting is poor. Its not sharp and bright. I think its normal OE wattage light, which emitting dull yellow light. How can i improve the lighting?
You can fit a relay and switch to 90/100 W bulbs. There are a variety of brands that you could go for but I would recommend Philips Rally.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:28   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Ok, the bulb was replaced(left side), yesterday evening while I was driving, my right side bulb's low beam went for a toss, now only high beam is working.So I want to know as why this is happening, now I'm really in doubt to take my car when it's dark.Yet to check the voltage output.
Hmmm..
  • Start by checking the voltage that your car is producing.
  • Check if the relay is working properly.
  • Bulbs need to be installed with care - No fingerprints, no dust, no moisture.
  • Bulbs might be FAKE for all you know. Very common with fake bulbs.
  • Make sure there are no loose wires

I trust ROOTS more than HELLA.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:21   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Make sure you push hard for a discount, as a lot of T-Bhp members are frequent visitors to his shop.
I have to buy 3 pairs. For my Safari, Indica and 1 for our dear friend bullboy. Hope he'll give good discounts.
BTW can I use any of you guys reference? Could be useful while pushing for the discount .
Old 17th July 2009, 10:27   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Hmmm..
  • Start by checking the voltage that your car is producing.
  • Check if the relay is working properly.
  • Bulbs need to be installed with care - No fingerprints, no dust, no moisture.
  • Bulbs might be FAKE for all you know. Very common with fake bulbs.
  • Make sure there are no loose wires
I trust ROOTS more than HELLA.

Ankit,1.Checked the voltage, when in idling the voltage is 13.9V & when revved it's 14.09V, is this normal voltage ?
2. Relay has been replaced yesterday with a new relay(same Hella).
3. Yep brought a new bulb yesterday, I'll once install it with care, so no finger prints/or dust/moisture.
4. Nopes these are not fake bulbs, they are original, have hologram in them. 5. Need to check for loose wires(I don't think there are any loose wires)Question is, Is the above mentioned voltage normal for cars ?

Last edited by sushrutha : 17th July 2009 at 10:31.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:47   #3088
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I have to buy 3 pairs. For my Safari, Indica and 1 for our dear friend bullboy. Hope he'll give good discounts.
BTW can I use any of you guys reference? Could be useful while pushing for the discount
3 pairs?? Then you can definitely push for a discount, and I am sure you'll get one!

I don't think using any of our names will be helpful as he gets hunderds of customers everyday and its quite likely that he won't remember names.

But you can mention to him that a lot of your T-Bhp buddies have bought the same Philips Xtreme bulbs from him in the past and hence have recommened his shop to you and see if you can get a bigger discount.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 17th July 2009, 13:12   #3089
BHPian

Anybody knows which type is the fog lamps in Verna, Which are the best bulbs for them.
Old 17th July 2009, 15:06   #3090
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Anybody knows which type is the fog lamps in Verna, Which are the best bulbs for them.
You can check the vehicle specifications page in your owner's manul and you will know the type of bulb for the fogs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks