Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 11:53   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys!!

I need to install a set of 4(additional)aux lights on my gypsy something like this -

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-untitled2.jpg

Name:  untitled1.bmp
Views: 1168
Size:  801.7 KB

My Questions Are -

1. What is the brightest config i can use keeping in mind that i would like to us the lights for long time spans (2 - 3 hrs) WITHOUT damaging/over loading the alternator(stock) and battery(35 amps)

2. Also i would like to know if i can do something like installing a cut-out/relay or something to increase the brightness without increasing the load on the alt/bat.

3. Will i have to use any specific types of wires and how would the circuit be??

Also i guess we need to keep in mind that I would be using the music system(w/o amp), AC and other stock lights when the 4 additional lights are in use.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 10th July 2009 at 11:58.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:22   #3062
Senior - BHPian

water on bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Probabaly yes. Apart from it, rain was slightly jittering around, Can this also be a reason ? Water drop on the bulb ?
If the water was on the bulb when it was fixed - normally wont cause a blowout, however if there was water somewhere in the assembly that later fell on the bulb - the bulb will definitely blow.

Cheers,
Old 10th July 2009, 12:26   #3063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hi guys!!

I need to install a set of 4(additional)aux lights on my gypsy something like this -

My Questions Are -

1. What is the brightest config i can use keeping in mind that i would like to us the lights for long time spans (2 - 3 hrs) WITHOUT damaging/over loading the alternator(stock) and battery(35 amps)

2. Also i would like to know if i can do something like installing a cut-out/relay or something to increase the brightness without increasing the load on the alt/bat.

3. Will i have to use any specific types of wires and how would the circuit be??

Also i guess we need to keep in mind that I would be using the music system(w/o amp), AC and other stock lights when the 4 additional lights are in use.
The best bet is to go in for HID auxullary lights. Lightforce has some but they are very expensive - about 1.25L. HIDs consume less power but give much more light.

You will need to fit in extra relays to take the load off the switches and wiring. Relays and cutouts also increase light output.

Cheers,
Old 10th July 2009, 12:50   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Beam/throw adjustment help needed

I have a Getz 1.3. After headlight upgrade, the beam focus and throw have gone haywire. I dont want to go to HASS for such a small job as they will invariably waste a lot of time (read-entire day). My local mechanic (whose electrician did the install) is on a vacation.

I intend to do it myself. So I read up the manual and got the method (screw adjustment). However, I am unable to locate the said screws. Can someone whose done it themself guide me? Pictures (of the location of the screws) would be very helpful!
Old 10th July 2009, 20:31   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I have a Getz 1.3. After headlight upgrade, the beam focus and throw have gone haywire. I dont want to go to HASS for such a small job as they will invariably waste a lot of time (read-entire day). My local mechanic (whose electrician did the install) is on a vacation.

I intend to do it myself. So I read up the manual and got the method (screw adjustment). However, I am unable to locate the said screws. Can someone whose done it themself guide me? Pictures (of the location of the screws) would be very helpful!
Normally these wheel alignment guys also will have equipement to align headlights. You could try one of them probably. They will be faster than A.S.S as no paper work they do for the work.
Old 11th July 2009, 01:44   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The best bet is to go in for HID auxullary lights. Lightforce has some but they are very expensive - about 1.25L. HIDs consume less power but give much more light.

You will need to fit in extra relays to take the load off the switches and wiring. Relays and cutouts also increase light output.

Cheers,
i dont think i can spend that much on the lights, the setup that you see in the pics dosent cost more than 2k
Old 11th July 2009, 14:58   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
bullboy, why not bite the bullet and go 100/90
If they want to , cops will fine you either way
greenhorn ,afraid about head light damage and warranty
Old 11th July 2009, 15:03   #3068
Team-BHP Support

Go for 1 pair of Xenons(H3). Buy some good ISI mark local housing(1500rs) + good quality bulbs(5000rs).
You will have excellent lights which will last long and drain only 80W total! less than a headlight
Old 13th July 2009, 10:07   #3069
BHPian

Xtreme Power and NightBreaker in Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
The philips dealer is quoting 1600 for a pair of extreme vision.He also suggested Osram night breakers are bit more better and retails at the same price.
Is this pricing justifiable?
Hi BullBoy,

Philips Xtreme Power and Osram NightBreaker are now available at MotorPlaza.
They never used to have this before. I used to ask Sajan George of Motorplaza for both these bulbs whenever I went there. When I wen there two weeks ago, to my surprise did find both these bulbs.

Osram NightBrekaer H1,H4 are also available.

Philips Xtreme Power H4 - Rs 1200
Osram NightBreaker H4 - 1400

I bought Xtreme Power and removed my Diamond Vision. Now night driving , especially in rain is 50% better than Diamond Vision as Diamond Vision was almost non-existent in rain.

Compared to stock H4, Xtreme-Power is 30-40% better in my opinion
Old 13th July 2009, 14:18   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi BullBoy,

Philips Xtreme Power H4 - Rs 1200
Osram NightBreaker H4 - 1400
Isn't this price too high as it is available for Rs 800 in bangalore.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:30   #3071
BHPian

Hi guys
I installed 90/130w bulb yesterday with the so-called Hella wiring kit. The box and plastic wrap had Hella written all over it.
However, today noticed while flashing my lights they stay on. They only went off when I put on the headlights and then switched them off. What could this be due to??
Appreciate any help! Thanks.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:42   #3072
BHPian

Bosch or Philips

Hello,

I have a swift DZire VDI and was wanting to upgrade my headlamps. I felt the stock bulbs are only sufficient for City Driving.

I was considering to upgrade to either Bosch Lights or Philips Lights may be a 90/100.

Request everyone to suggest which one is better and what will be the approximate cost.

I stay in Bangalore, please suggest the dealers and contact numbers if you have.

Thanks
Deepak
Old 13th July 2009, 16:58   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
have you guys considered the headlamp assembly of the Yezdi Roadking to be fitted onto your cars ? Comes finished in Chrome, is as big as a Hella 3000, has some neat grills on it to prevent damage to the glass area and the best part is that it costs less than 500 bucks a piece !

My questions are :

a) Can this accomodate a bakelite holder that houses a 100/90 or would some modifications be required ?

b) Would the reflectors be capable of handling the heat of a 100/90 ?

c) What would be cost of wiring, brackets, labour etc work out to ? Looking at an instal in my swift

d) Are there any other functional, good looking but cost effective alternatives to this ?
guess this got lost amongst the other posts....cam someone help ?
Old 13th July 2009, 17:13   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hello,

I have a swift DZire VDI and was wanting to upgrade my headlamps. I felt the stock bulbs are only sufficient for City Driving.

I was considering to upgrade to either Bosch Lights or Philips Lights may be a 90/100.

Request everyone to suggest which one is better and what will be the approximate cost.

I stay in Bangalore, please suggest the dealers and contact numbers if you have.

Thanks
Deepak
I got myself upgraded to 130/90 Hella [Lock Stock Barrel ] from Bluraven. Hes located in Cambrige Layout. PM him for more details.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:53   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Isn't this price too high as it is available for Rs 800 in bangalore.
Nightbreaker is 1400 in Bangalore too. While the box say 1650, some give for 1400. Not sure of the Philips Extreme though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks