Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 14:21   #3811
Senior - BHPian

Anyone heard of the Relay(cutout) brand called 'Interface'. That's what is being offered by Bosch Car Service.

I'm getting the dual head lamp relay and ceramic holders fixed today after using it just plug and play with the stock setup for nearly 3 weeks.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:35   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Update!

I was informed that H1 does not have ceramic holders anywhere in the market! Is this true? Did H1 never have any ceramic holders ever?
Old 31st March 2010, 15:55   #3813
BHPian

Guys, a very basic question here! Are the stock OHC Type II headlights adjustible for beam spread and angle? The LHS top mount (plastic) has broken making the beams wayward and night-driving real tricky.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:55   #3814
BHPian

My scorpio currently have 100/90 W philips Rally bulbs but i am thinking to change them with Philips 130/100 W Bulbs. I just want to know will this melt my current stock Headlight assembly as it is made of plastic not of glass as in Old Balero ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:53   #3815
BHPian

lightforce 240 for my safari

I installed the Lightforce 240 for my safari couple of weeks back. The results are simply amazing. . It simply overshadows the philips extreme i have in my Headlights.

I got it installed at Car fittings , Double road. His name is Basha. You need to take a left turn after HDFC bank when you are heading from Lalbagh towards the Double road flyover. He charged me 1400Rs since I got my own wiring harness. He would charge around 2500 if he has to prepare the wiring harness and the cutout.

I initially thought of getting it installed at Sai colorium but since they were not keen to do it in my presence and insisted on leaving the vehicle, I came across this shop. They did a decent job. Here is the pricing part. Since i got this lights from US, it costed me 239$ for the light and 55$ for the wiring harness. So it was roughly 14k.

Basha was mighty impressed with the harness. I also got got the nuts welded after the installation as a some sort of deterrent to flick easily. I did not go for the installation over the bulbar coz it narrows the spread of the beam since it will be installed close to one another.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1010309mod1.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1010310mod1.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1010312mod.jpg  

Last edited by bkishore_77 : 3rd April 2010 at 22:55.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:19   #3816
BHPian

Gurus,

I want to upgrade Stock Head lights of ANHC. I read the below post and seems that Hella Relay kit with Phillips rally bulb is doing wonders.

Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1668598

However I have no Idea where can i get these installed on my car in mumbai. Please advice.

Also any chance that installing these may void warranty of my car?

Please help
Old 5th April 2010, 16:24   #3817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Update!

I was informed that H1 does not have ceramic holders anywhere in the market! Is this true? Did H1 never have any ceramic holders ever?
*Bump*

Guys any idea about H1 ceramic holders??
Old 5th April 2010, 16:39   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
*Bump*

Guys any idea about H1 ceramic holders??
The Ceramic holders for H1 is available. Just see the following link Ceramic Bulb Holder H1 & H3

Link Source : Auto Bulbs Direct UK
Old 5th April 2010, 16:59   #3819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
The Ceramic holders for H1 is available. Just see the following link Ceramic Bulb Holder H1 & H3

Link Source : Auto Bulbs Direct UK
Yes the options to order online are there, But what I need to know if its available direct here itself!!
Old 6th April 2010, 11:20   #3820
BHPian

Hey,
does anyone know whow to adjust the beam throw for an alto. i got the car back yesterday and the light throw is crazy. high beam is lower than low beam on o ther cars. can hardly see anything at night. both the headlights were replaced recently as the old one's had accumalated dust inside them and i had a minor shunt.was also wondering if this is an easy diy because i'm not sure the M.a.s.s guys would do a good job of it if they didnt do it after installing the new headlights.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:35   #3821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey,
does anyone know whow to adjust the beam throw for an alto. i got the car back yesterday and the light throw is crazy. high beam is lower than low beam on o ther cars. can hardly see anything at night. both the headlights were replaced recently as the old one's had accumalated dust inside them and i had a minor shunt.was also wondering if this is an easy diy because i'm not sure the M.a.s.s guys would do a good job of it if they didnt do it after installing the new headlights.
Check the back side of your headlights you will find two adjusters. one will be for L-R and another will be for U-D. usually it'll not be much harder so you can use your hand to rotate them, no need for using any screwdriver.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:39   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Hi Guys,

Am planning to add extra lights to my Bolero for night driving on the highways. A of now I have the stock halogen bulbs for the headlight. I find them kind of wanting on the highways. Would like to upgrade them to a higher capacity or HID's if possible.
Besides this I would also like to put extra lights for added clear vision. Maybe Hella's. Am attaching a photograph to show where I would like to install them on my Bolero.
Would appreciate some feedback from the gurus and if possible, what specific lights I should be looking at.
Thanks in advance.
As per your indications, If you put just below your indicators it'll look like a standard fog lights (also the size has to be small). I would prefer mounting them to your another location on bumper. It will give much sporty look. Also, you can put bigger one there.

Pradip.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:56   #3823
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the options to order online are there, But what I need to know if its available direct here itself!!
Don't know about your city. but its available in Pune at NANA PETH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey,
You can't do it yourself as its too wacky and hard job. A.S.S. is the best option and another option is to loose the bolts which holds the headlight and adjust its angle and then again tight them
Old 6th April 2010, 14:04   #3824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Don't know about your city. but its available in Pune at NANA PETH.

You can't do it yourself as its too wacky and hard job. A.S.S. is the best option and another option is to loose the bolts which holds the headlight and adjust its angle and then again tight them
It's not required to adjust the entire headlight assembly. It will be as it is, on the back side of head light there will be separate adjusters for up-low and left-right alignment change of the bulb. It's really easy & DIY job.

Pradip.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:53   #3825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Gurus,

I want to upgrade Stock Head lights of ANHC. I read the below post and seems that Hella Relay kit with Phillips rally bulb is doing wonders.

Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1668598

However I have no Idea where can i get these installed on my car in mumbai. Please advice.

Also any chance that installing these may void warranty of my car?

Please help
Any Inputs Bhpians

Most Viewed