Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 10:32   #3961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Query regarding Relay kit.

Was about get the hella relay installed on my ANHC, however seems there needs to be a wire cut ( as per the electrician supposed to install on my car). I immediately turned it down considering the warranty issues with Honda.

1. Do we really require a wire cut for installing hella relay kit? I heard its parallel install
2. If yes then what about the warranty. I read lot of people getting it installed on thier ANHC
3. If not then why did my mechanic said it needs a cut. According to him it was to connect to the switch. How do you connect the relay wires to the ANHC switching(On/Off) mechanishm?
I used Hi-Tek relay kit with ceramic holders, Costed me aroung 250 and No wire cut. Used Philips ralley 100/90W(Rs 260 pair) I can uninstall it myself before going to Service station.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:39   #3962
BHPian

HI all,

Need to Purchase philips premium halogen headlamps H4 12V 100/90 CP

Any idea where i can get these originals in bombay / opera house / sion koliwada.

any suggestion for any shops guys
Old 21st June 2010, 16:23   #3963
BHPian

Hi,

I've recently swapped my OEM Head Lights with after marker projector ones. This changed my each of single H4 lights to 2x H1 (separate for high and low beams).

Now the problem is, due to earlier set-up, when I switch to long beam, the low beam lights switch off. Is there any way (by adding a relay or something), I can ensure both low and high beams are on, when I switch to High Beam? This is similar to other dual head-light cars (like Fiat Palio, for example).

Appreciate, if you could suggest a good auto-electric technician that I can go to.
Thanks in advance, experts!

Cheers,
KK
Old 21st June 2010, 17:02   #3964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishoryk View Post
Hi,

I've recently swapped my OEM Head Lights with after marker projector ones. This changed my each of single H4 lights to 2x H1 (separate for high and low beams).

Now the problem is, due to earlier set-up, when I switch to long beam, the low beam lights switch off. Is there any way (by adding a relay or something), I can ensure both low and high beams are on, when I switch to High Beam? This is similar to other dual head-light cars (like Fiat Palio, for example).

Appreciate, if you could suggest a good auto-electric technician that I can go to.

Cheers,
KK
What's your ride?
There might have been something wrong with the installation or with the projector itself. BTW, are you using HIDs? Where did you get it installed?
Old 21st June 2010, 18:24   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
What's your ride?
There might have been something wrong with the installation or with the projector itself. BTW, are you using HIDs? Where did you get it installed?
Thanks Naveen. In fact I was thinking of pinging you but I realized that yours is a single projector lamp (with motorized high/low movement) and hence you would not have faced this problem.

Mine is Innova. I don't use HID's but Osram night breakers (both H1 Pairs).
It was installed at Automoto (St. John's Church Rd). I guess it was default install just by swapping the original set with Projectors. Only thing was he added a relay for extra protection.

I approached an accessories guy next door. He mentioned that, what we have is only a 3-wire set-up for the head lights, instead of 4-wire set-up for dual head-light (two-pairs) set-up. If what he says is true, then I was thinking that a relay could be added that triggers the short beams too, when we switch on the long beam (instead of shortening the wires).

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,
KK
Old 21st June 2010, 18:54   #3966
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen. In fact I was thinking of pinging you but I realized that yours is a single projector lamp (with motorized high/low movement) and hence you would not have faced this problem.

Mine is Innova. I don't use HID's but Osram night breakers (both H1 Pairs).
It was installed at Automoto (St. John's Church Rd). I guess it was default install just by swapping the original set with Projectors. Only thing was he added a relay for extra protection.

I approached an accessories guy next door. He mentioned that, what we have is only a 3-wire set-up for the head lights, instead of 4-wire set-up for dual head-light (two-pairs) set-up. If what he says is true, then I was thinking that a relay could be added that triggers the short beams too, when we switch on the long beam (instead of shortening the wires).

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,
KK
Have you installed projector lenses?
Old 21st June 2010, 19:02   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Have you installed projector lenses?
well, these are not retrofit projectors but the entire "projector head light assembly" (if I may call it that way) made for Innova (that exactly replaces the OEM/Stock)

This has low beam on projector lenses while high beams on clear. As you would usually find in most OEM projector assemblies (of course, you do get both low and high on projectors on some high end cars/SUV).
Old 21st June 2010, 19:16   #3968
BHPian

Hi Kishore, can you please post some pics of the lights that you have installed ?

How do you find the performance compared to the stock setup ? A night time pic or video would be great ! Whats the wattage of the H1 s ? Im guessing that this can be upgraded to a HID kit later too
Old 21st June 2010, 21:29   #3969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
The stock Philips H4 60/55 W head lamps in my Ritz were pathetic. 3 months back I installed Mico-Bosch H4 100/90 W bulbs with Lumex relay kit. Last friday evening when I started my car and switched on the head light, found the low beam was not working and only right side high beam working. It was raining heavily that evening. I opened the bonnet and started looking at the relay fuses. With little twist, the other head light's high beam lit up. Low beam fuse was blown off and wires melted.

Today I just went ahead and replaced the whole Lumex realy kit with Hella relay kit and Philips Rally H4 100/90 W bulbs. As I was not satisfied with the throw of the Mico bulbs. Hella relay costs me Rs. 700 and two Philips bulbs Rs. 300.

Priliminay checked the performace in the Inorbit Malls basement parking, seems Philips Rally has better throw and intensity.
Today intentionally started late from office, to check the performance of the Philips Rally H4 100/90 W. Its awesome. Liked the throw as well as the intensity in both low and high beam. Highly recommended bulbs.

Thanks TBHP to help me to choose the right one.

Last edited by gaddiwale : 21st June 2010 at 21:31.
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:08   #3970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Hi Kishore, can you please post some pics of the lights that you have installed ?

How do you find the performance compared to the stock setup ? A night time pic or video would be great ! Whats the wattage of the H1 s ? Im guessing that this can be upgraded to a HID kit later too
Hi Nirmal,
Sure, will post the pictures. It's a long pending one. Once I am able to get this done and few other additions that I have in mind, I'll sure do it. Yes, you can upgrade this to HID too but recommended only for Low beams. As High beams are not on projectors. But I feel - if not for long life - HID is not required. I use Osram night breakers and they are good. Oh, BTW, I use auxiliary lights (Hella 700FF) as well for highway drives. These coupled with the fogs give me enough confidence.

On the performance, I have mixed feelings. Hoping that once I have this both Low+High beam sorted out, I'll be happy with the result. Will post a detailed feedback as I've been using the projectors for quite some time now.

Cheers,
KK
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:03   #3971
Distinguished - BHPian

Kishore..
Is this shop on the left side when you take the left near the petrol bunk signal? I think I know the shop.
Try to post the pics or a video would be great.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:30   #3972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Is this shop on the left side when you take the left near the petrol bunk signal?
Yep. That's exactly correct. Owner is Mr. Nadeem.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:42   #3973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yep. That's exactly correct. Owner is Mr. Nadeem.
Ya.. now i remember. My friend got his civic modded there.. He brought the car from Cochin just to pimp his ride from there. It was a decent mod including alloys, projectors, tail lights, full mugen bodykit and sunroof. I was there during the mods. I even had plans of getting my ride modded from there.
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:26   #3974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
The stock Philips H4 60/55 W head lamps in my Ritz were pathetic. 3 months back I installed Mico-Bosch H4 100/90 W bulbs with Lumex relay kit. Last friday evening when I started my car and switched on the head light, found the low beam was not working and only right side high beam working. It was raining heavily that evening. I opened the bonnet and started looking at the relay fuses. With little twist, the other head light's high beam lit up. Low beam fuse was blown off and wires melted.

Today I just went ahead and replaced the whole Lumex realy kit with Hella relay kit and Philips Rally H4 100/90 W bulbs. As I was not satisfied with the throw of the Mico bulbs. Hella relay costs me Rs. 700 and two Philips bulbs Rs. 300.
Where did you get the installation of Hella kit? Some where in Navi Mumbai? can you please let me know the place. I will get it installed from them.

Thanks.
Old 28th June 2010, 00:25   #3975
BHPian

Relay + High Beams = High + Low Beams

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers,
KK
Finally I had to try this myself. Looked at my current Aux/Driving lights relay (Hella) installation and repeated this for my above problem. And I was able to get what I was looking for. Here is what I tried.

My existing relay looks like this:
(Courtesy: http://images.solidcactus.com/autobarn/hel87106.jpg)

As you can see in the diagram, 30+87 poles act as a switch and 85+86 poles activate the relay (meaning when power applied to these, the relay pushes the switch between 30+87 to on).
(sorry, many of you might already know this but just wanted to document my learning here)

My requirement is that, whenever there is current in the high beam positive wire, I should have the low beam lights activated.

I have an existing dual head light wiring harness with a relay (this is for erstwhile two H4 bulbs, hence gave only 3 lead output to the bulb). I noticed that this relay uses ground as common lead and positive wire as the activating lead. Which means, ground is always supplied to head lights. The relay, when activated, drives the current through positive leads.

I connected 85 to the ground (bolted to the body of the car), 86 to the high beam wire. This completes the trigger circuit.

I now connected 30 to the battery positive terminal (directly through a fuse) and 87 to the low beam wire. This completes the actual switch circuit.

I slightly removed the sleeve on both high and low beam wires (Positive terminals, not the ground - black in my case) to make the connections.

Here is how the circuit diagram would look like:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-highlow.jpg

I have tested it and working fine. Happy to see both high and low beams on when I am on high beams exactly like typical quad-head-light cars. I've not road tested this but I am expecting that to be fine.

It's only that, now I have to purchase a new Hella relay for my aux/driving lights (and a fuse of course). Happy to have my first completely own mod (with little help from Google!)

BTW, over the weekend, I also upgraded my Alto H4 head lights w/ Phillips Rally 100/90 (for 300 bucks from my trusted neighborhood auto parts). I am really happy with the output. Seems better than Narva 100/90 white bulbs (one of which fused recently).

Have a great week guys.

Cheers,
KK

PS: I'm looking forward to share the photos but just waiting for one or two other mods to get finished as well.

Last edited by kishoryk : 28th June 2010 at 00:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks