Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 12:11   #3841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
hi fellow members,
i wanted to clarify that would the installation of extreme power damage the reflector or the plastics in the headlight cluster due to heat?
thanks
Don't think so. See my post above. I have been a happy user of Xtreme power for the last 18 months.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:00   #3842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hey mate,

Where in Bangalore do you get this done. Please provide details.

I was running on "Philips H4 Whitelight Essential Vision 100/90w". Philips Lighting Hong Kong - EssentialVison

Offlate, I felt the power of these bulbs were diminished. I had put them about 8 months back. Last evening, I observed the light to be fading when put on High beam. Checked the lights, High beam was not glowing on Right Side.

I did check the low beam and is working perfect. Removed the bulb and figured out the high beam filament is gone.

I have the Roots wiring kit. Now my query to guru's out here is do I just replace one single bulb or replace both with something better in 100/90W.

Reading through this thread, figured out that Xtreme Power is quite in demand.

My requirements are,

1. Need clear vision during Rains - Its a must, will not compromise on this.
2. I felt the bulbs I was using were not that effective when the sodium street lights were on. Is it the case with all, or just this.

Please direct me to shop where I can get the original bulbs. I have heard there have many duplicates in market specially the Philips.
Hows the performance of these white colored bulbs? Does it work well with wet roads coz white light is poor in performance when it comes to wet conditions.

I also got two different company bulbs in my car, 1 from Narva and another from Philips both 90/100, so no issues but only in your case the color might differ if you go for philips rallye.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:49   #3843
BANNED

Cyclops - I'm hoping to install the swift fogs because I've seen that the swift fogs are quite powerful and vfm..

I'm exploring the option if this is possible thru a mod/maybe a DIY..

Cheers

RD
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:55   #3844
BHPian

Hey, i would like to know the size of the HiD Bulb that would fit the alto fog light assembly.The way i had done it before was to take a zen estillo fog light assembly and retrofit it into the plastic mounting of the alto fog light and then mount them. had a fender bender recently and have lost a bulb because of it. which bulb would fit or would i have to do the same thing again as retrofitting and re sealing the fog light assembly is a real pain. i have seen other alto's with hid kits in the fogs so i'm sure someone here would be able to shed some light on this. If there is no solution will have to go the route i had taken before.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:39   #3845
BHPian

santro 100/90W bulb upgrade!

hi guys

i've been using 100/90W philips rallye headlights for my '04 Santro Xing XS since the past 3 years. the only downside is that i havent installed any cut out or relays. nothing has happened of now. pls advice me on this if the cut out and relays are actually required or not. All expert advice OPEN
Old 25th April 2010, 11:17   #3846
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullal_h View Post
hi guys

i've been using 100/90W philips rallye headlights for my '04 Santro Xing XS since the past 3 years. the only downside is that i havent installed any cut out or relays. nothing has happened of now. pls advice me on this if the cut out and relays are actually required or not. All expert advice OPEN
Relays are required for anything above 60/55. You shall not see immediate problems, but over time the higher ampere load takes it's toll. Plus the normal holders are plastic. A good relay would come with ceramic holders which can take the heat of high power halogen bulbs.

I have a Roots relay with ceramic holders. It should cost you around Rs. 600, it installs in a jiffy (no modifications required).
Old 25th April 2010, 14:53   #3847
Senior - BHPian

I've 100/130 on my WagonR with a relay (cut outter in slang); also additional Bosch twin horns with a relay, 3 years of smooth drives no issues till date. Its best advised to route through a relay.
Old 25th April 2010, 17:23   #3848
BHPian

I am getting this installed soon, as I've had bad contact in Head-light combination switch (its the one at steering) earlier and I am sure it was due to pro-longed usage of 90/100w bulbs.

However i've not found roots kit here on couple of shops i've asked.

Will hunt for it when i get time to visit multiple shops
Old 25th April 2010, 17:28   #3849
BANNED

Can we install it by ourselves?

If yes, would appreciate if someone shows me the way to do this. Pictures would be very helpful
Old 25th April 2010, 18:30   #3850
Senior - BHPian

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't learn this to do it by myself on the first attempt. I'm not discouraging you Ranjan, but just trying to remain cautious.
Old 26th April 2010, 08:13   #3851
BHPian

I am planning to put SMD LED Fog lamps, have anyone tried it and how to replace the fog bulb in SX4.
Old 26th April 2010, 12:04   #3852
BHPian

thanks for the reply guys. i really wanna add those roots relays but here in mangalore they charge 1500 odd. thats the reason i was thinking twice to change. if anybody knows about where in mangalore can i get roots kit for 600 pls let me know guys. i wud be great. i really dont know how many of u are familiar with mangalore. i see a lot are fro bengaluru
Old 26th April 2010, 12:07   #3853
BHPian

moreover if i really get any sort of relays done i wud shift over to philips 130/100W from my existing philips rallye bulbs which i've been using for nearly 3 years without any relays
Old 26th April 2010, 12:56   #3854
BHPian

i10 Projector head lamps?

Hi guys,

This is just to keep me informed.I'm a noob!!
I would like to know if Hyundai i10's have projector headlamp kits? I asked so because I have seen umpteen no. of Swifts with such headlamps (like the ones in a Beamer 7 series)! Could you guys get me more info on this and this is the look I want. Got it from the BHP Garage!

Also are there any aftermarket tail lamp kits for i10 that give it the look of an Audi tail lamp, I meant the ones that have LEDs in them?

Also could anyone tell me if I'll have cop trouble if I change the stock head lamp & tail lamp assembly?

And as I said earlier I won't be upgrading the stock lamps for an year or so!! Pockets have holes in them!! This is just to satisfy my curiosity!!
Old 26th April 2010, 14:04   #3855
Senior - BHPian

There's a thread here already ullal .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks