Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 18:01   #3706
BHPian

Changing to Bi-Xenon HID kit

I was planning to get a Bi-Xenon HID headlamp on my drive. Can the gurus of lighting clear this for me.
I am already using a HID kit with ballast on my high beam with my present aftermarket swift angel eye projector lamp. Can I make use the same Ballast for the Bi-Xenon change over and only invest on the H4- Bi-xenon bulbs. Kindly advice ..
Old 6th February 2010, 00:27   #3707
BHPian

Here is why people should shift to HID units

Here is a comparison of a normal halogen bulbs on the car and a small HID torch. Get ready to be amazed.

If the above torch was not enough have a look at this for kicks. Its not HID but a Halogen bulb torch.

Did I wet your appetite for powerful lighting systems.
I have ordered with Philips India for their HID system for my Cruze. I hope they respond.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:41   #3708
BHPian

Fog lamps for M800

Is it possible to fit Fog lamps for my new M 800. If yes, can somebody suggest the best brand available in the market and its specifications?
Old 10th February 2010, 16:54   #3709
BHPian

Hi guys,

Am facing a bit of a problem. I have 2 50w HID kits with 4300k and 3000k H4 bulbs respectively, but the relays of both have been acting up. I didnt buy them from here so getting new relays have been a bit of a problem.

Can anyone help me out by telling me where I can source relays for HIDs somewhere in Delhi? The ballasts etc. are all working fine, the bulbs light up as bright as ever; its just the hi/lo that poses a problem with the bulbs getting stuck at high beam or at low beam - as they please.

Would appreciate any help from you guys! Thanks..
Old 10th February 2010, 17:09   #3710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Is it possible to fit Fog lamps for my new M 800. If yes, can somebody suggest the best brand available in the market and its specifications?
You may have to go for universal foglamps, meaning these types of fog lamps can be fitted anywhere, on the roof, front, back, whatever. There are Hella, Piaa, Bosch etc which are reputed brands. Oh yes, there are imitations too. Best thing is to go to market and check the focus/throw of light yourself. Note, the throw could be wide, or narrow and long, or having horizontal focus like this "---" or round like this "O". There are also projector foglights that are on the expensive side.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:23   #3711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
You may have to go for universal foglamps, meaning these types of fog lamps can be fitted anywhere, on the roof, front, back, whatever. There are Hella, Piaa, Bosch etc which are reputed brands. Oh yes, there are imitations too. Best thing is to go to market and check the focus/throw of light yourself. Note, the throw could be wide, or narrow and long, or having horizontal focus like this "---" or round like this "O". There are also projector foglights that are on the expensive side.
Thanks kaynmantis, will check out in the market. I'm planning to have these fog lamps as a stand-by in case of headlight failure as i frequently do night driving and go hill stations often.

My doubt is, i have heard that fog lamps draw more power from the battery. Will the battery drain out in case if fog lamps are installed?
Old 13th February 2010, 09:16   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I want to change a blown reversing light bulb in my Indica. How do i open it up ?

Someone please help.
This is a really old post to which i am replying!
My brake light had blown off and I wanted to open it up myself. There are 2 screws that are obvious that need to be removed to open the whole brake light/indicator light/reverse light console.
What is not obvious is that there is another screw that needs to be opened from behind the console - you need to access it from under the wheel arch between the tyre and the console. If anyone needs it, i can post a photo.
Hope it helps someone in future!!
Old 13th February 2010, 13:19   #3713
BHPian

Strange thing was happening since a while. My headlamps would not turn off when the stalk was rotated. The low beam would stay on even when the high beam was put on.
It used to take a while and sometimes flashing for the low beam to go off. After checking everything I concluded it to be the relay.

Changed it myself yesterday and problem solved!
Old 14th February 2010, 21:33   #3714
BHPian

Hi! Just have a small query!

I am thinking of going for xenons for my Honda Dio (a gearless scooter) and have liked this one :

OSRAM|Consumer|Automotive Lighting|Products|Motorcycle lamps|X_RACER|index

Can someone tell me whether I should go for H4's or H7's? What will be the cost of it and will there be any electrical changes done in my bike? I do drive at night on highways, so bright bulbs are needed! Also it will add some snob value for my bike at college
Old 14th February 2010, 21:39   #3715
Team-BHP Support

guys planning on getting xenons for low beam and for fogs in my accord. how much will a single beam hid from a reputed manufacturer cost. i know the h4 hi/lo hids cost about 8k from philips. so the single beam should be less right? any approx ideas?
Old 16th February 2010, 00:10   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hi Guys,

I upgraded my Alto Headlights from 60/55 W to 100/90 W Setup.
Also, got the White LED Strips done between the Headlight and Bonnet.
Gives it a very Cool Look. Here are some Pics taken from my Cell Phone.
Hey Abhi, that looks cool. However, due to the brightness of the headlamps, we can't see the eyelids clearly. Could you please post a pic (taken in the evening, preferably) from a distance with only the LED's on?

Secondly, is that a DIY or did you buy the LED strips? What was the cost in either case? If you bought the same, could you share where it's available, cost etc? I assume the lids have been "stuck" onto the outer border of the top of the headlamps, right? Any issues with heat from the 90/100??

Lastly, have you wired the lids to work independantly or with any other lights?

P.S. - Apologies for so many questions!!
Old 19th February 2010, 03:43   #3717
Senior - BHPian

Philips Extreme Power For Santro

Can I fit the Philips Extreme Power 55/60w bulbs in my Santro Xing XP? I understand it would be stock capacity but more light. So no relays or additional wiring required. I am going to avoid putting higher wattage bulbs because it's not legal and I don't want to disturb the stock battery/alternator/wiring in any way.

Anyone has any photos on stock and Extreme Power lights?
Old 19th February 2010, 12:30   #3718
BHPian

Hi guys,

Getting my new swift on Sunday!

Our review suggests lighting is not good in the car, Upgrade of bulb recomended!

Please advise the correct bulb change for adequate lighting, nothing high fi just the correct fit, am very keen on doing this, since my old maruti 800 has very bad lights, before that my bajaj bike had very bad lights, would be a huge dissapointment if the brand new swift has bad lights.

By the way the snapshot is my fathers new Scorpio (true monster of a vehicle), wondering what my white swift will look like next to it!

Cheers
Old 19th February 2010, 18:45   #3719
BHPian

Headlight upgrade for new Honda City (ANHC)

I know I should have search the thread, but searing around 250 page is very difficult.

Will really appreciate if someone suggest what should be the best upgrade for new ANHC, whether 90/100 or 100/130 and from which company and which company for relay.

Also what should be the ideal price for them.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:05   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Hi guys,

By the way the snapshot is my fathers new Scorpio (true monster of a vehicle), wondering what my white swift will look like next to it!

Cheers
Apologies for this, my snapshot is not visible! Mods please help!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks