Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 00:15   #3646
SAS
BHPian

[quote=Red Liner;1682284]I have driven 16 and a half thousand kilometres since last April on the stock lights and now I think I will much appreciate an upgrade.

Headlights: Philips Rally 90/100 Bulbs
Roots or Bosch Relay
No wiring kit - plug and play

I think the existing holders are ceramic themselves and not plastic. Will check on this one./quote]

The setup seems good. I too am running Philips Rally 90/100 with a Roots relay. The Roots relay should come with ceramic holders, so no need of any further modifications. These lights are really bright, so be polite with the high beam. Also their life is shorter than regular bulbs since these are designed to burn bright. I was running the Philips bluevision prior to this but those fused after 2 years. So far so good, but ensure you buy originals (don't worry paying a small premium, but go for originals...)
Old 15th January 2010, 09:10   #3647
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=SAS;1682775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have driven 16 and a half thousand kilometres since last April on the stock lights and now I think I will much appreciate an upgrade.

Headlights: Philips Rally 90/100 Bulbs
Roots or Bosch Relay
No wiring kit - plug and play

I think the existing holders are ceramic themselves and not plastic. Will check on this one./quote]

The setup seems good. I too am running Philips Rally 90/100 with a Roots relay. The Roots relay should come with ceramic holders, so no need of any further modifications. These lights are really bright, so be polite with the high beam. Also their life is shorter than regular bulbs since these are designed to burn bright. I was running the Philips bluevision prior to this but those fused after 2 years. So far so good, but ensure you buy originals (don't worry paying a small premium, but go for originals...)
Thanks SAS. I am heading to the authorised distributor in Bangalore to pick these bulbs up. And then have them fitted on by someone else I know.

Are the existing fogs H3? (Not Aux). What's the best set up for them? Would rather go the whole hog.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:28   #3648
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone give a feedback on the Osram NightBreaker for the Verna. I think the Verna has got H4 Bulbs and I am contemplating upgrading the stock bulbs. I do not want to go for a higher wattage, so was thinking whether Nightbreaker was worth the money. If yes, what should be the price for a pair and where in Bangalore can I get it? Is there an authorised dealer for Osram in Bangalore. I could not find any dealers from their website.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 17th January 2010 at 19:30.
Old 18th January 2010, 00:39   #3649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Can anyone give a feedback on the Osram NightBreaker for the Verna. I think the Verna has got H4 Bulbs and I am contemplating upgrading the stock bulbs. I do not want to go for a higher wattage, so was thinking whether Nightbreaker was worth the money. If yes, what should be the price for a pair and where in Bangalore can I get it? Is there an authorised dealer for Osram in Bangalore. I could not find any dealers from their website.
Yes! the Verna has an H4 setup for the headlamp bulbs.

I would suggest, you go in for Philips Xtreme-Power instead they also run on the stock wattage, but offer slightly better light output when compared to the Nightbreaker's at almost half the price.

I have both the nightbreakers on my dad's Skoda & the Xtreme-Power's on my SX4. After having used both I'd recommend the Xtreme Power.

Nightbreakers in Delhi are for Rs.: 1500/- & the Xtreme-Power's are for Rs.: 800/-

Last edited by maglev : 18th January 2010 at 00:42.
Old 18th January 2010, 08:28   #3650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have both the nightbreakers on my dad's Skoda & the Xtreme-Power's on my SX4.
Thanks for the feedback Maglev. This is interesting, are you sure the better performance from the Xtreme-Power is because of the bulb or the possible superiority of the SX4 reflector over the Skoda. Either way, the price difference is huge and the Philips seems to be better VFM. Any other feedback from anyone?
Old 18th January 2010, 15:08   #3651
BHPian

Quote:

I would suggest, you go in for Philips Xtreme-Power instead they also run on the stock wattage, but offer slightly better light output when compared to the Nightbreaker's at almost half the price.

I have both the nightbreakers on my dad's Skoda & the Xtreme-Power's on my SX4. After having used both I'd recommend the Xtreme Power.

Nightbreakers in Delhi are for Rs.: 1500/- & the Xtreme-Power's are for Rs.: 800/-
I too have zeroed in on the Philips Xtreme Power H4's for my Lancer. Also saw a comprehensive test of various brands of bulbs in an issue of Auto bild, the Xtreme Powers came out on top in terms of Illumination.
@maglev, that's a very good price you've mentioned here, any idea where can I get Xtreme Powers in Delhi? As of yet, I've only seen them at Reliance Autozone, and they're selling for Rs. 1175/-.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:47   #3652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
@maglev, that's a very good price you've mentioned here, any idea where can I get Xtreme Powers in Delhi? As of yet, I've only seen them at Reliance Autozone, and they're selling for Rs. 1175/-.
You can locate the dealer from Philips India website. I called up the Bangalore dealer today - A K Traders in JC Road and he quoted Rs 800 for a pair. It was out of stock and he was expecting by Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:40   #3653
BHPian

Quote:

Did you have to make any modifications to fit the Xtreme 's onto the SX4 assembly or was it just plug the socket and fix the holder?? can i just buy the Xtreme bulbs and go to the M.A.S.S to get them fixed. I have a deal with the MASS guy that he will do the fitment for me.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:54   #3654
BHPian

i am looking out for Philips xtreme Power H1 and H7 series.
Its not available in any of the stores in Chennai.

Heard, Reliance Autozone has it. Can someone check this for me if you happen to visit Reliance Autozone.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:16   #3655
BHPian

Hi!
I am looking to upgrade the headlamps on my 7-year old Santro. Should I buy better tungsten-halogen bulbs or can HIDs be fitted too? The polycarbonate lenses are hazy & scratched, so they will also need to be replaced. How much will all this cost?
Thanks in advance for your replies. I am a complete newbie in this matter.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:25   #3656
BHPian

i want to upgrade the stock alto headlamp bulbs to the night breakers.

1. so along with the relay, would i have to install the cerimic holder? ( i read about the holder in some thread).

2. is there any possibility that the bulbs damage the headlight assembly in any way ( melting or damaging the reflector, etc)

thanx in advance to all fellow bhpians
Old 18th January 2010, 18:48   #3657
BHPian

Bulb for indica Vista

My friend would like to replace current headlamp bulbs(Halonix) with Osram Night breaker in his Indica Vista. I need suggestions in selecting the right bulbs (12V/55W) for him. Is Osram nightbreaker good or is there any other better choice. even let me know the number/address of the seller in Bangalore if any one knows.
On ebay H1 pair is costing 1350+Shipping. Is it worth it or should I search locally in BLR?

Which is the best (read powerful) bulb for indica vista without changing the relay or anything for that matter ?
Old 18th January 2010, 20:56   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i want to upgrade the stock alto headlamp bulbs to the night breakers.

1. so along with the relay, would i have to install the cerimic holder? ( i read about the holder in some thread).

2. is there any possibility that the bulbs damage the headlight assembly in any way ( melting or damaging the reflector, etc)

thanx in advance to all fellow bhpians
Good choice!

1. You'll only install the relay? You must upgrade the wiring kit also (ROOTS wiring kit comes with ceramic holders).

2. Have not heard about this till yet. Make sure you have the genuine Headlight assembly and not aftermarket (read: cheaper) ones!

FYI - Osram Nightbreakers H4 12V/55W available for Rs 1050.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:37   #3659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Good choice!

1. You'll only install the relay? You must upgrade the wiring kit also (ROOTS wiring kit comes with ceramic holders).

2. Have not heard about this till yet. Make sure you have the genuine Headlight assembly and not aftermarket (read: cheaper) ones!

FYI - Osram Nightbreakers H4 12V/55W available for Rs 1050.
thanks for ur reply ankit sir. my headlight assembly is 100% genuine. can u pls help me know abt the total expenditure. and where in delhi do u live? (srry this is totally out of topic)
Old 18th January 2010, 22:31   #3660
BHPian

ROOTS wiring kit + relay will cost you about Rs 650 odd. Nightbreakers for Rs 1050.

I live in Rajendra Park (near Rajender Nagar).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks