Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 22:57   #3661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i want to upgrade the stock alto headlamp bulbs to the night breakers.

1. so along with the relay, would i have to install the cerimic holder? ( i read about the holder in some thread).

2. is there any possibility that the bulbs damage the headlight assembly in any way ( melting or damaging the reflector, etc)

thanx in advance to all fellow bhpians
A.F.A.I.K Nightbreakers are 55w/60w and these are direct OEM replacement hence, you do not need any relay or wiring kit. Just buy the bulbs and replace the OEM ones simple!
Old 18th January 2010, 23:01   #3662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
My friend would like to replace current headlamp bulbs(Halonix) with Osram Night breaker in his Indica Vista. I need suggestions in selecting the right bulbs (12V/55W) for him. Is Osram nightbreaker good or is there any other better choice. even let me know the number/address of the seller in Bangalore if any one knows.
On ebay H1 pair is costing 1350+Shipping. Is it worth it or should I search locally in BLR?

Which is the best (read powerful) bulb for indica vista without changing the relay or anything for that matter ?
I have used Philips Extreme Vision or Xtreme power is better than Nightbreakers. The beams are a little more brighter than Osrams.

Osrams dealers are Popular Auto in JC road, they are actually distributors. From Minerva signal towards townhall, take the left at the first signal. The shop is in 1st flr on the right side some 200 meters from the signal.

Anyone here has a zen 2004 model and tried headlight upgrade?

Last edited by motomaverick : 18th January 2010 at 23:02.
Old 18th January 2010, 23:48   #3663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I have used Philips Extreme Vision or Xtreme power is better than Nightbreakers. The beams are a little more brighter than Osrams.

Osrams dealers are Popular Auto in JC road, they are actually distributors. From Minerva signal towards townhall, take the left at the first signal. The shop is in 1st flr on the right side some 200 meters from the signal.

Anyone here has a zen 2004 model and tried headlight upgrade?
thanks for ur reply sir. would you recommend me the extreme vision or extreme power over the night breakers?
Old 19th January 2010, 00:18   #3664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Thanks for the feedback Maglev. This is interesting, are you sure the better performance from the Xtreme-Power is because of the bulb or the possible superiority of the SX4 reflector over the Skoda. Either way, the price difference is huge and the Philips seems to be better VFM. Any other feedback from anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
thanks for ur reply sir. would you recommend me the extreme vision or extreme power over the night breakers?

Xtreme Power is the way to go, they are superior in terms of output, finish & price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry can View Post
I too have zeroed in on the Philips Xtreme Power H4's for my Lancer. Also saw a comprehensive test of various brands of bulbs in an issue of Auto bild, the Xtreme Powers came out on top in terms of Illumination.
@maglev, that's a very good price you've mentioned here, any idea where can I get Xtreme Powers in Delhi? As of yet, I've only seen them at Reliance Autozone, and they're selling for Rs. 1175/-.

I bought the Xtreme Powers from Driven, East of Kailash, New Delhi (Mr. Rana is in-charge). This chap stocks the nightbreakers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Did you have to make any modifications to fit the Xtreme 's onto the SX4 assembly or was it just plug the socket and fix the holder?? can i just buy the Xtreme bulbs and go to the M.A.S.S to get them fixed. I have a deal with the MASS guy that he will do the fitment for me.

No Modifications needed at all, just plug and play. The guy from whom you buy the bulbs from should be able to do the installation within minutes.
Old 19th January 2010, 00:37   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Xtreme Power is the way to go, they are superior in terms of output, finish & price.

I bought the Xtreme Powers from Driven, East of Kailash, New Delhi (Mr. Rana is in-charge). This chap stocks the nightbreakers as well.

thanks for your reply maglev sir. could you please help me in sourcing the xtreme power. i would like to upgrade within a week.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:30   #3666
BHPian

@S.I.N.G.H - motomaverick and maglev are right. You do not need a wiring kit and relay to use Nightbreakers or Xtreme Power.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:58   #3667
BHPian

Yesterday I have replaced my ANHC's original headlight bulbs with Philips Crystal Vision H4 4300K white bulbs, there is no significant change in the intensity of light. I think I would have to go for 90/100W instead of 55/60W.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:18   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Yesterday I have replaced my ANHC's original headlight bulbs with Philips Crystal Vision H4 4300K white bulbs, there is no significant change in the intensity of light. I think I would have to go for 90/100W instead of 55/60W.
You wont find much of a difference with Blue Vision the reason being the bulb is colored with blue that eliminates the yelow light and only allows white light to pass, hence, the low intensity. It will be specially worse during rains coz white light of this low intensity does not reflect back from water on the road.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:16   #3669

Hi All,
My Car (Santro) is fitted with 100/90W Head lights for few years now.
One of the bulbs got fused. So i am looking out for a new one.

My Requirement :-

Color : 6000K, Atleast 4300K.
Watt : 100/90W
Type : H4

I have found a philips light on its site.
Philips EssentialVison :- H4 12569 EV 12V 100/90W P43T
Link Here

Question:
1. I cant see any specification about the color temperature of the above stated Philips bulb in the site. Can anyone throw some light on it? Is it white / Blueish-White?
2. Is there any other option, other than Philips where my requirement stated above is fulfilled? Please suggest.

Regards
Gaurav
Old 21st January 2010, 00:29   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar9 View Post

My Requirement :-

Color : 6000K, Atleast 4300K.
Watt : 100/90W
Type : H4
Gaurav,

Philips Blue Vision is 100/90W in 4300k. I have used them and quite liked them.

Check them out.
Old 21st January 2010, 11:44   #3671
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a old Stock Indica DLE. I usually drive late in the night in weekends to reach my home as it is far away from the city, hence i feel that teh illumination from the headlight is not enough. I use the stock bulbs which is recommended for the vehicle. I changed both the glass dooms recently. Still i do not feel the light to be adequate. i require a suggestion whether to try changing the bulb or fix two extra lights. I have an Exide expresss battery which is one year old. Also if anyone has fitted anything similar recently, please provide me pointers regarding the same.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:22   #3672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Gaurav,

Philips Blue Vision is 100/90W in 4300k. I have used them and quite liked them.

Check them out.
Thanks Ankit for your suggestion.

But as per the details furnished on the Philips Site (Here),
  • BlueVision has a Color temperature of only 4000K.
  • It only comes in 60/55w for H4 type.
Is there some other BlueVision available in the market other than what mentioned in the website?

Regards
Gaurav
Old 21st January 2010, 12:55   #3673
BHPian

Oopsies! BlueVision is 4000K like you said (confused them with crappy Crystal Vision 4300K)

BlueVision did come in 100/90W. Below is a picture of the one's that I had. Maybe they stopped the wattage now, not sure. But I really liked the colour temperature, it's not blue at all, not pure white, but yellowish-white.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-bluevision-90100.jpg
Old 21st January 2010, 23:53   #3674

Elantra lighting blues

I had taken out my car after a really long time and I was finding it really difficult to drive in the highways.Maybe I got used to the good headlamps of my other car elsewhere.Anyhoo I was planning for Philips Xtreme for the H7 and Rally 100/90 for the H1('cause Xtremes dont come in H1).Would it be an OK combination?

H7 - Low beam
H1- High beam

Also do you guys do DIY headlight aiming? One of service manuals says 25 feet and the owners manual says 3m for the focus plane - they may very well mean the same thing but a bit confusing
Old 22nd January 2010, 03:50   #3675
BHPian

HID for Accord 2005

Hi Brothers,

im looking for HID for my Accord 2.4vtil,
which the best suitable HID's? low & high beam (9005 & 9006).

thanks in Advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks