Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 10:01   #3571
Senior - BHPian

reverse light and fog light

I have been struggling with very low reverse light in SX4, first only left is available (right is dedicated for rear fog light), and that too has very low spread.

Has some body upgraded to more brighter reverse lamps.

Also what are the safer options to upgrade the fog lamp bulbs.

I already have high power same 60/55 wt bulbs on head light for last 1.5 years an they are good.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:54   #3572
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Hi guys

I have a Facelift Laura Elegance (all lamps are halogens/yellow). The L&K variant of the FL Laura has Xenons (white lamps) for low beam (projectors). I wish to get similar white lamps setup for my car's low beams too. Is it just a bulb replacement (the L&K low beam bulbs on my Elegance) or is there more to it?
TIA!

Cheers!
You can easily switch over to 4300 K HID .It will be huge difference to what you have right now .The better one is philips HID kit for about 8500 Rs .Else you have Chinese kit from about 3000 rs to 5500 Rs .But going Philips will be much better in my opinion.And if i am not wrong you have halogen projectors right now using H7 bulbs so you need to buy H7 hid kit and it is bolt on.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:18   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Any idea from where I can get OSRAM Night breaker H3 12v/55W in Bangalore?
You could try with Osram Dealer in Bangalore: Reliance Auto Near Minerva Circle, JC Road. Contact : Nilesh Gandhi 9880896117. He is very friendly to deal with, gives genuine advise and I find him willing to help.

BTW, he knows our TeamBHP group as well.

Cheers,
KK
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:33   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Recently i had changed to 90/100w with conversion kit. Today after i came back home i was shocked to see my headlight had got switched ON. Opened my car and checked the switch it was off still headlight was ON, and it was in high beam, it was not changing to low beam also. It seems headlight has become direct. Then i removed the bulb holder so that it wont drain my battery. I am planning to take my car tomorrow to place where i got relay installed and get it checked.

Please let me know if any of you have any idea why this happened. I am totally confused and worried, if anything had happened to electricals of my car or just the relay.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:15   #3575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Recently i had changed to 90/100w with conversion kit. Today after i came back home i was shocked to see my headlight had got switched ON. Opened my car and checked the switch it was off still headlight was ON, and it was in high beam, it was not changing to low beam also. It seems headlight has become direct. Then i removed the bulb holder so that it wont drain my battery. I am planning to take my car tomorrow to place where i got relay installed and get it checked.

Please let me know if any of you have any idea why this happened. I am totally confused and worried, if anything had happened to electricals of my car or just the relay.

Hi Shamanth, the problem, in your case seems to be the relay. Get it checked. Most probably the points might have melted and stuck together, because of the heat. It happened to my projectors once.

Install a new Roots relay.
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:53   #3576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hi Shamanth, the problem, in your case seems to be the relay. Get it checked. Most probably the points might have melted and stuck together, because of the heat. It happened to my projectors once.

Install a new Roots relay.
@ chevy_lover

Thanks for the information, Will get it checked today. Had installed Hella kit before, will try to get replacement from Hot tracks in bangalore. Have to check how genuine he is.

Last edited by shamanth : 3rd January 2010 at 07:05.
Old 3rd January 2010, 07:31   #3577
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I purchased Phillips extream power for 1000 Rs at Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala , This is next to Bosch that is in a lane opposite to star Bazar.
hm.. i feel you have paid Rs.200/- more. I got it for Rs.800/- including VAT. from
A.K.Traders - J.C Road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1650721-post160.html
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:43   #3578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
hm.. i feel you have paid Rs.200/- more. I got it for Rs.800/- including VAT. from
A.K.Traders - J.C Road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1650721-post160.html
AK traders is the Philips distributor in Bangalore. If you buy from an accessory shop they will charge their margin.

Osram distributor is also nearby in those bylanes of JC road.

Wildon, how did you find the place? It took me 2 visits to find the small shop located on the first floor of a really dark building.
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:14   #3579
Senior - BHPian

I bought a pair of H1 and H7 HIDs from one of the t-bhp members here for my Palio. What I understood that I will have to get a pair of ballast for each pair of bulbs.

I got it done with Eva in cambridge layout, they never worked on Palio and took long time to do the job.

Bonus was while doing the job, the bulb mounting clip on my right side low beam was broken; I guess that took them very long time to do some jugad work using some adhesive to stick the clip on the lamp assembly and all.

We found that there was one H7 which was not working - (I see its flashing a couple times when they were testing and then it goes off) They tested it directly with the battery (via ballast) and confirmed that its not working.

I have a long trip scheduled early morning day after - that guy told me that he will try his best and get me another H7 next day - I went to phraser town to get me a bulb next day when he told me to do so and get got me that H7 fixed on the other side - So, I had now two working H1s (high beams - 4K) and two H7s from different pair on my dipped (low) beam with different color of light. Yes, the new one we got was a bit more white in color while the one that I bought from t-bhp member was little yellowish.

We decided that I will go on trip with this and later Eva will get me another bulb also replaced to match the color (I already paid 1750 for one replacement, I may have to pay some more for this buyback to match the color now) - He shall also help me adjust the focusing of my low beams where right side is focused right into the oncoming traffic while the left side seems to be low on the road.

Also, I would like to prefer yellowish HIDs rather than this much whiter HIDs on my low beams, just to make sure I dont start building my relationship with cops in Bangalore. Overall experience was bad! I was regretting why I didnt go for Philips halogens :(

Now on the trip (I did exact 2K KMs between 24 and 29 Dec), it didnt take much time for me to understand that this right side low beam is really not focused right, I see all the oncoming vehicles flashing crazily, some of the truckers even came right onto me showing their anger, a couple of them were close to a close calls as well. I started using all four bulbs during the night and when the oncoming vehicle approches, I used to just switch off the high beams to ensure the oncoming guy feels good (he still going to be blinded by incorrectly focused right side low beam), but this seems to be working for me most of the time, I continued to do so.

My trip was another adventure, I shall post more details in a diff thread, I used to keep the HIDs off most of the time when I'm passing thru city/town area - was scared if cops in those small town will catch me! Cops at Rameshwaram did stop me and asked me "Are you using Halogen on your car?" I said, "yes sir, but thats for better visibility on low lit areas and I have focused it well" He saw my license and let me go. That was a relief!

Another thing I'm not understanding is the H1 HIDs, they are taking some time to heat up and I dont find them useful for powerful flashing duirng overtaking at night. How do you guys use HIDs on high beam?? I would really like to know about this!!

Guys,
Thanks for reading the loong story here, can you now please suggest me what options I have?

Following is what I'm considering, please suggest and help me choose.
  • How are the chances that I'm going to get a yellowish H7 HID 8000Kelvin (just a single bulb and not the pair) that matches with my right side H7? If I'm going to get one, I shall replace only one
  • If I can get Eva guy or some other dealer to take back this 2 pairs of ballasts and HIDs back, I guess, I will be happy to go with 85w or 100w philips bulbs with the relay kits
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:42   #3580

Osram Night Breaker 60/55

I upgraded my ANHC, headlamp bulbs with Osram Night Breaker H4. I got a pair of bulbs in a near by shop for Rs 800/-. I found these better than the stock bulbs, it gives whiter light and and more focused beam.
However, in rains I find them not so good because of the rain drops the dispersion of whiter light it high and most of the street lamps are Sodium Vapor lamps giving out yellow light which over shadows the headlight beam specially in rains.
On a clear night these are definitely better than stock bulbs. Also have a look at Philips X-treme Vision, I couldn't find them at shops near by.

I have attacked picture of the Night breaker and Stock bulb on my car for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc02708.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc02707.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2010, 22:21   #3581
BHPian

@aa-Crecy - That's an AMAZING price you paid for the Nightbreaker. The distributor here also does not sell it for so cheap. I hope you got the genuine one or maybe I am getting conned. lol

Whiter the light, more trouble during fog/rain. But these are much better than many other bulbs!
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:29   #3582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
AK traders is the Philips distributor in Bangalore. If you buy from an accessory shop they will charge their margin.

Osram distributor is also nearby in those bylanes of JC road.

Wildon, how did you find the place? It took me 2 visits to find the small shop located on the first floor of a really dark building.
Well i just asked the near streets shops about the A.K Traders and they guided me to the right building.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:45   #3583
Senior - BHPian

hi guys ,

I own a linea emotion pack.

I am finding the lack of throw from my stock head bulbs 65/55 during my city drive and also in my highway drive.

especially the side throw. it is very hard to spot the median only with my low beam on. so even during city drive i switch on my high beam and i keep my fogs too on!!

so i have decided to change the stock light to H1 / H7. i have found out from the forum about osram nightbreaker and phillips xtreme power

can you guys tell me which one is good ? Do they give enough side throw too?
Old 4th January 2010, 11:47   #3584
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio Taillights

hey guys i was wondering if any one has put LEDs on their scorpio's dead area about the tail light?

i understand that area above the standard taillights is non-functional!

please see the attached photo for my question!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_10152028large29.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 13:56   #3585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
hi guys ,

I am finding the lack of throw from my stock head bulbs 65/55 during my city drive and also in my highway drive.

especially the side throw. it is very hard to spot the median only with my low beam on. so even during city drive i switch on my high beam and i keep my fogs too on!!

so i have decided to change the stock light to H1 / H7. i have found out from the forum about osram nightbreaker and phillips xtreme power

can you guys tell me which one is good ? Do they give enough side throw too?
Please set your expectations right A car head light is not supposed to be creating a stadium flood light effect.

Once our eyes become accostomed to lot of light you may feel normal low beam as inadiquate but reallity is that side throw and high beam blinds oncoming traffic and provides no special incentive to you, Try practicing with normal low beam and you will see the difference.

Even if you install 90/110 or Phillips extrame power , Your headlight beam should be focussed without much of side throw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks