Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 12:20   #5071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

One dealer is offering me an HID kit for low beam on reflectors for 6600, and full projector setup, all inclusive, for about 15-16k, on the ford fiesta.
Is this feasible???
The HID are some "crystal" something, not vision.
The packaging looked proffessional enough, but i have no clue about these things.

oh, and a one year warranty as well, and he's literally a stone's throw away from my house, so i CAN sit on his head in case anthing goes wrong.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:48   #5072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
One dealer is offering me an HID kit for low beam on reflectors for 6600, and full projector setup, all inclusive, for about 15-16k, on the ford fiesta.
Is this feasible???
The HID are some "crystal" something, not vision.
The packaging looked proffessional enough, but i have no clue about these things.

oh, and a one year warranty as well, and he's literally a stone's throw away from my house, so i CAN sit on his head in case anthing goes wrong.
6.6k for a branded HID's would be fine and not for any Chinese brands.

Retro fitted projectors would come around 15k as you had mentioned. If possible, share the pics of the setup.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:52   #5073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
6.6k for a branded HID's would be fine and not for any Chinese brands.

Retro fitted projectors would come around 15k as you had mentioned. If possible, share the pics of the setup.
wokies!

not done yet, but next months plan.

PS: heard of any brands that start with "crystal", and not the phillips one...?...

and chinese wouldnt have warranties, or what?
Old 30th May 2011, 13:56   #5074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
wokies!

not done yet, but next months plan.

PS: heard of any brands that start with "crystal", and not the phillips one...?...

and chinese wouldnt have warranties, or what?
Crystal? Not heard. Philips got a model named crystal vision but those are not HID's. They normal halogens.

I dont think Chinese brands will have warranties. If so, it would be a fake one. If you are paying 6.5k for Chinese, why dont you spend a bit more for branded ones. That's what I would suggest.
Old 30th May 2011, 17:32   #5075
BHPian

I got installed P8 HID 35W , 6300K kit for my Scorpio. I got this installed at India DeCars , Banjara hills Hyderabad. Cost was Rs 6,200/- ( with B&W one year warranty)
I personally feel that the illumination i am getting is far better than the stock headlamps.
Old 30th May 2011, 18:09   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
I got installed P8 HID 35W , 6300K kit for my Scorpio. I got this installed at India DeCars , Banjara hills Hyderabad. Cost was Rs 6,200/- ( with B&W one year warranty)
Such dealers who install HID kits on normal headlights designed for halogens should either be heavily penalized or made to stand with their eyes open in front of their own Frankenstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
I personally feel that the illumination i am getting is far better than the stock headlamps.
Certainly...I'm sure the hapless guy coming opposite to you on the road would give that in writing too after being blinded...

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 30th May 2011 at 18:12.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 18:40   #5077
Distinguished - BHPian

@night_hawk - Good to hear about your new purchase but as DigiVam had mentioned, it's not safe installing HID's on your stock headlights. It will blind oncoming traffic and the irregular beam pattern can attract the cops. Mind sharing the pics?
Old 30th May 2011, 20:13   #5078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

Crystal? Not heard. Philips got a model named crystal vision but those are not HID's. They normal halogens.

I dont think Chinese brands will have warranties. If so, it would be a fake one. If you are paying 6.5k for Chinese, why dont you spend a bit more for branded ones. That's what I would suggest.
Naveen, you'll get Chinese kits on warranty. Two years back I tried to import these kits for selling commercialy and 6 months warranty was standard for every kit. The most funniest part was the more you bargain on price the warranty will become thinner. When asked for a extended period 6 moths for some extra payment very few were reverted back positively. But there are cos who are ready to give 18 months warranty as a special offer. I think that was a positive sign on the quality aspect. And here most of the kits are coming with 6 months warranty. So the easiest thing is ask for the 1 year warranty as the dealer wont give the extended warranty of 6 months to take care of additional period for his peace of mind.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 19:17   #5079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Such dealers who install HID kits on normal headlights designed for halogens should either be heavily penalized or made to stand with their eyes open in front of their own Frankenstein.

Certainly...I'm sure the hapless guy coming opposite to you on the road would give that in writing too after being blinded...
^^+100^^ - Most just needs something brighter, some just want bling factor. End result - The dealers will offer anything to make good a sale. The one sitting in the cabin, driving will feel good at the thick wall of bright light and would see better. The hapless driver coming in the opposite direction, dare not look into the light!

We t-bhpians got to be more sensitive towards it. While we all agree on going for better lighting. Better lighting is just not BRIGHT lighting (read HID lighting). I guess many of the experts here have shouted themselves hoarse - Do not use HID on stock lamps! Yet ---
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 19:54   #5080
BHPian

I spoke to OSRAM company guy named Johnson in Kochi regarding Nightbreaker+ for my Figo.

He offered me OSRAM HID kit for 10K. It should be available everywhere in India.

If anybody in Kochi is interested pls PM me so that i can pass on his mobile no:
Old 1st June 2011, 18:41   #5081
BHPian

Guys some help needed here. Please suggest a set of good headlight bulbs for my Accent which should be bright enough and powerful.And also the cost with the relay if possible.i dont want to go for the HIDs.
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:39   #5082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Guys some help needed here. Please suggest a set of good headlight bulbs for my Accent which should be bright enough and powerful.And also the cost with the relay if possible.i dont want to go for the HIDs.
You can check out Philips. I think Crystal vision is pretty good. The entire setup will come around 1.5-2k depending on the brand. This includes a pair of bulbs, Ceramic holders, wiring kit and relays.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:46   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can check out Philips. I think Crystal vision is pretty good. The entire setup will come around 1.5-2k depending on the brand. This includes a pair of bulbs, Ceramic holders, wiring kit and relays.
how about the Phillips extreme vision? i have read some really good reviews about it. im really confused between extreme vision, extreme power and crystal vision
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:09   #5084
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread :Figo Headlamp upgrade.

Today i replaced my OE Halonix 60/55W with Osram Nightbreaker+ 60/55W.

The light has yellowish tinge compared to the amber colour before.

It offers 90% more light, 35M longer beam throw etc along with lesser life!

Cost Rs 1000/- @ AM Car Decor on NH47 byepass near Gold Souk.
The fitting took only 15 minutes.

Will test it tonight & upload photos.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:03   #5085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
how about the Phillips extreme vision? i have read some really good reviews about it. im really confused between extreme vision, extreme power and crystal vision
Have heard few reviews of this model but think these are higher wattage bulbs. I havent personally used Philips but have used Osram Cool Blue (90/100w). Since philips is widely preferred, I would recommend you to stick with this. Hope others can shed more light into which model to go for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks