Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 05:03   #6571

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Guys

I drive a ford figo and the lights have issues I have been advised an upgrade but I am concerned that the stock reflectors are possibly poorly designed and will render such an upgrade useless. Please can someone guide me and advise a reliable dealer in Bombay to get this done

Thanks in advance
Old 19th November 2012, 08:05   #6572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
If you were satisfied with the Extremen Vision, please go ahead and opt the for the same again.

Or you can look at the 100/90W set up too.
Thanks, mine was Xtreme Power, but could not find it on stores, and not even Xtreme Vision, in 2/3 shops it was out of stock, and I had to get one urgently so settled with Crystal Vision, the make was from Poland, a pair costed 1045/-, the bulbs are 4300K and little on the whiter side(XP was 4000K), but I was happy with the performance last night... lets see how it works in rain/fog.
Old 19th November 2012, 08:50   #6573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Thanks, mine was Xtreme Power, but could not find it on stores, and not even Xtreme Vision, in 2/3 shops it was out of stock, and I had to get one urgently so settled with Crystal Vision, the make was from Poland, a pair costed 1045/-, the bulbs are 4300K and little on the whiter side(XP was 4000K), but I was happy with the performance last night... lets see how it works in rain/fog.
The Crystal vision throws out whitish light as acknowledged. However, note these bulbs might not help if you encounter foggy or rainy conditions. The light from there gets more obsorbed than lighting up the road ahead.

But considering Bangalore and Rain, you should be good to go with the crystal vision
Old 19th November 2012, 14:21   #6574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1
Hi Guys

I drive a ford figo and the lights have issues I have been advised an upgrade but I am concerned that the stock reflectors are possibly poorly designed and will render such an upgrade useless. Please can someone guide me and advise a reliable dealer in Bombay to get this done
If your car is still in warranty, any upgrade in wattage will void electrical warranty from Ford.

Hence you can upgrade to Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osrams Night Breaker of 55/60 w bulbs. So with same stock wattage you will find more brightness even though the reflector is in rectangular shape and does not provide good throw.

You can also consider fitting New Figo headlamp assembly as the reflectors are round and as per Ford Figo's Midnight run reviews, the lights has received good applause.
Old 19th November 2012, 14:54   #6575

Thought of replacing the new headlamps but the Ford after sales service centre refused saying that they will not fit the car

I argued but it was all in vain.
Old 20th November 2012, 13:57   #6576
BHPian

Hi all,
I need to upgrade my stock headlights of my WagonR Lxi as i find it difficult to drive during rains and night highway driving. Which are the head-lights,relays and wiring kit(is this the only changing parts i need?) should i go for which has better visibility during rains?
Also please suggest a good auto electrician in and around Rajajinagar, Bangalore to this job. Mine is a 2007 WagonR.

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 20th November 2012 at 14:08.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:49   #6577
BHPian

Osram Nightbreaker Plus

I finally changed the standard bulbs in my Terracan to 55W ONB+ last week. H1/H7 combo. The low beams are marginally better with better spread rather than outright brightness. The real difference is in the high beams even when compared the 85W halogens it replaced. Nice long throw and more brightness. I was worried about the comments of it being 'whiter' compared to the Phillips Xtreme series but I do not notice any whiteness, just improved brightness when compared to the more yellow regular halogens.

Overall, mighty pleased .

Cost me 1100 for H1's and 1600 for H7's (pair) from Auto Fusion in Koramangala.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 21st November 2012, 13:13   #6578
BHPian

Require help for improving the lights in my manza.

The Manza has two sets of bulbs for low beam and high beam. Now what are my options in improving the lighting, I would like to go for 100/90 set up but dont know how. Please help.
Old 21st November 2012, 13:25   #6579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Require help for improving the lights in my manza.

The Manza has two sets of bulbs for low beam and high beam. Now what are my options in improving the lighting, I would like to go for 100/90 set up but dont know how. Please help.
Just upgrade the low beams since high beams are rarely used. Go for 100/90w with relay, ceramic holders and proper wiring kit. Should cost around 1k-1.5k. Check out Philips. There are many models to choose from. Check out the thread where others discuss the various models.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:16   #6580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Just upgrade the low beams since high beams are rarely used. Go for 100/90w with relay, ceramic holders and proper wiring kit. Should cost around 1k-1.5k. Check out Philips. There are many models to choose from. Check out the thread where others discuss the various models.
100/90 is a dual filament bulb while he needs only a single filament unit (90W I think).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 14:24   #6581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
100/90 is a dual filament bulb while he needs only a single filament unit (90W I think).
Oops. Thanks for correcting. He would require 90w bulb to upgrade his low beam.
Old 21st November 2012, 15:35   #6582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusser1 View Post
Thought of replacing the new headlamps but the Ford after sales service centre refused saying that they will not fit the car

I argued but it was all in vain.
Why do you want to change if there is no problem with the existing headlights.

In case you are having problem, try changing the bulbs with 100/90 Philips Rally with ceramic holders, relay and proper wiring kit. It should cost something around 1.5K approx. Be careful not to slice the wiring at any place and use good holders and relay e.g. Hella.

Last edited by Sommos : 21st November 2012 at 15:36.
Old 21st November 2012, 16:07   #6583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Why do you want to change if there is no problem with the existing headlights.

In case you are having problem, try changing the bulbs with 100/90 Philips Rally with ceramic holders, relay and proper wiring kit. It should cost something around 1.5K approx. Be careful not to slice the wiring at any place and use good holders and relay e.g. Hella.
Actually the existing ones were not working well and hence I was looking to replace them with the New Figo's assembly for the sake of warranty however, the Ford *** refused saying that the size doesn't fit

I also am considering upgrading the headlamps with a relay setup however I am concerned with the issues of the reflector getting over heated and also because the reflector is badly designed and suffers from the throw and reach being inadequate.
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:37   #6584
BANNED

nusser1; Why not switch to Xtreme Vision or Nightbreaker. I am sure there are single filament types as well. Same wattage so no warranty issues, with about 40% more light.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:59   #6585
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using 3000K HID's in their projectors? I would like to get some feedback on the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks