Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 15:09   #6691
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I will consider 2700/3000K HIDs in the fogs. Less hassles, and no legal issues.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:03   #6692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Also, if you have a friendly rapport with the SA, you can leave the harness like that even while giving it for service.
You need to make sure that the relays and wiring should be fastened and not left loose. When I installed the projectors, I completely forgot about the relays and left it loose which later got burnt. Thankfully no major damage done. Usually, technicians just remove these kits and leave it as it. Either it should be fastened properly for later use or removed.
Old 11th December 2012, 13:56   #6693
BANNED

Life of Xtreme Vision / Night Breaker Bulbs

What is the life of Xtreme Vision / NightBreaker bulbs when compared to their normal H4 cousins? One can expect a lower life since they run hotter, but by how much - 25%, 50% or whatever.

I am thinking of replacing the Original H4's in my Brio with there bulbs.
Old 11th December 2012, 14:16   #6694
BHPian

Re: Life of Xtreme Vision / Night Breaker Bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What is the life of Xtreme Vision / NightBreaker bulbs when compared to their normal H4 cousins? One can expect a lower life since they run hotter, but by how much - 25%, 50% or whatever.

Nightbreaker in my Spark went bad in approx 1.5 years
Old 11th December 2012, 14:32   #6695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am running on Philips Extreme power(older version of extreme vision) and its 2 years and still going on.Daily usage of atleast 1 hour in B2B traffic
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 18:40   #6696
Senior - BHPian

The bulbs should last longer if care is taken not the handle the glass and leaving fingerprints
Old 11th December 2012, 19:05   #6697
Senior - BHPian

My Kizashi lights up the road pretty darn well I just wanted to know which the best possible headlamps are that I can install. Light is provided by halogens but focused by projectors. Any recommendations?
Old 11th December 2012, 20:47   #6698
BHPian

Quote:

The Xtreme Vision H4's on my Innova are going strong for 3 yrs now.
Old 11th December 2012, 20:59   #6699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
My Kizashi lights up the road pretty darn well I just wanted to know which the best possible headlamps are that I can install. Light is provided by halogens but focused by projectors. Any recommendations?
You can easily move to HID from a reputed brand.
Projector setup + HID should be just perfect.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Old 11th December 2012, 22:38   #6700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
You can easily move to HID from a reputed brand.
Projector setup + HID should be just perfect.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Thanks yes that was what I thought of too but I was hoping to find out an exact brand and model. Is Philips the best out there? If so what's their best. Are there better brands? Which ones?
Btw: HID is High Intensity gas-Discharge bulbs right? So Xenons are HIDs are there any other kinds?
Old 11th December 2012, 22:41   #6701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks yes that was what I thought of too but I was hoping to find out an exact brand and model. Is Philips the best out there? If so what's their best. Are there better brands? Which ones?
Btw: HID is High Intensity gas-Discharge bulbs right? So Xenons are HIDs are there any other kinds?
I've heard alot of good reviews about, P8 too. Take your call between, P8 and Philips.

And yes, Don't go over 4300k, They are ideal, anything above is pretty much useless in rains and Fog.

Goodluck

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 22:51   #6702
BHPian

After following this thread closely for quite some time, I have finally come up with my query. The car in question is a Maruti Suzuki Zen mpfi 2003 model and comes with glass headlamps (unlike the crystal clear headlamp in later models). The stock lighting is nothing to be happy about. Hence, came up with following options based upon my requirements and your experiences shared on this thread. My points of concern are:

1. The glass headlamp might not conduct built up heat in the same pattern as the plastic headlamps (may have better/worse heat transfer??). So, in such a case, whether an upgrade to 100/90 wattage H4 bulbs is advisable keeping in view the well being of my 9 years old headlamp reflectors. Secondly, the car being run on CNG, I would not like to fiddle with too much modifications in the electrical department at least.

2. The glass headlamp have certain notching that might be there for focusing the beam in particular pattern, hence may not be suitable for HID kits (I am anyway against use of HID's without proper setup). What will be the best fit: Halogen bulbs or xenon bulb. Since I have upgraded the parking lights to white LEDs, want something whitish (but without compromising on functionality aspect). My research on this thread suggests anything over 4300 K is only for bling.

3. Being based in Delhi, I need to experience some extreme of rain and fog every year. Hence, functionality for safety aspect cannot be ignored.

4. Have shortlisted 3 brands: Osram NB+, Philips Xtreme Vision and Narva. There are mixed reviews over life of these bulbs and improvement vs stock setup. Which one would be the best fit. (More inclined for some Made in Germany bulbs due to better QC and built).

Thanks for patient reading. Your valuable suggestions/experience heartily welcome.

Regards
Old 11th December 2012, 22:54   #6703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I've heard alot of good reviews about, P8 too. Take your call between, P8 and Philips.

And yes, Don't go over 4300k, They are ideal, anything above is pretty much useless in rains and Fog.

Goodluck

Cheers,
Sameer
You mean anything above 4300k doesn't light up as well? I thought 6000k was standard. Anyway is it legal though?
Old 11th December 2012, 23:00   #6704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean anything above 4300k doesn't light up as well? I thought 6000k was standard. Anyway is it legal though?
In normal conditions, they do light up well, But once it rains, or fog is there, You just cannot see the light ahead, It makes matter worse. I have experience with 6000k and won't recommend this at all. It just adds to the bling factor.

4300k is the ideal, For almost all the conditions

About legality, I am pretty sure, There isn't any such issue regarding this.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:21   #6705
BHPian

I need to install an HID Kit in my Swift Vdi's Fogs. Iam using Phillips 100/130 bulbs in the headlight and they have been doing their duty rather well.
I believe 3000k HID is the best suited for fogs??
HID Gurus kindly help me out. Please suggest the best brands,availability in Delhi and offcourse the Vitamin-M.
Thanks

Most Viewed