Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 18:03   #6811
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Just bought 2 pairs of Philips Xtreme vision H4 60/55 bulbs from AK traders, JC road, Bangalore. Cost was Rs. 900 per pair inclusive of taxes. MRP printed is Rs. 600 per bulb. Did try bargaining for a discount, but the shop owner did not budge, and he went on to say that even if we take 200 bulbs, the selling price will remain the same!
That's too costly. I got the same pair in Rs 1100 (without bill) from Philips authorized dealer.

Have a look at these bulbs:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-bulb.png

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-bulb-1.png

Hope that these are also original.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 11th January 2013 at 18:17.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:17   #6812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
That's too costly. I got the same pair in Rs 1100 (without bill) from Philips authorized dealer.
Costly? I mentioned I paid 900 per pair, total 1800 for 4 bulbs (2 pairs). 2 for myself and 2 for my cousin. Works out to be 450 per bulb, cheaper by Rs. 100 compared to what you got at 550. This is with proper bill from AK traders, Philips distributor for Karnataka.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 21:23   #6813
BHPian

For a XUV, an upgrade to HIDs would void warranty if its still on warranty ? Has anyone done it without voiding warranty ? Anyone know if the folks at A.S.S do it ? If not A.S.S, which is a reliable place in Bangalore to get this done by somebody who knows what he is doing ?
Old 11th January 2013, 21:55   #6814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
If not A.S.S, which is a reliable place in Bangalore to get this done by somebody who knows what he is doing ?
Rohit .
You can check with Satya ( Evo) or Thouqeer ( Auto Fusion), i feel the staff over there are experienced enough to handle these electrical fitments.

Thouqeer has recently has moved his shop near sony world signal , lane next to the HP world or next to Green Cars MASS.

Hope it helps .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 23:12   #6815
BHPian

I have Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs in my Spark.
I use them at the lowest setting in the leveller ie 3. I find this sufficient though earlier I used setting 0 but that was just too bright ahead.

Now the thing is that even in the low beam, people in the opposite lane think I'm driving on high beam and start flashing their lights.
I too flash once to let them know that I'm on the low beam, or sometimes I turn off the low beam too and use only the parking lights for a couple of seconds till the person passes. But this can't be done everytime.

so now what should I do? I can't switch back to the stock bulbs because they are inadequate.

thanks.
Old 12th January 2013, 17:58   #6816
BHPian

Quote:
For a XUV, an upgrade to HIDs would void warranty if its still on warranty ? Has anyone done it without voiding warranty ? Anyone know if the folks at A.S.S do it ? If not A.S.S, which is a reliable place in Bangalore to get this done by somebody who knows what he is doing ?

Have you checked out on this. Am also planning to upgrade to HID's especially the low beam. What is the specs and brand of the bulbs you are planning to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Rohit .
You can check with Satya ( Evo) or Thouqeer ( Auto Fusion), i feel the staff over there are experienced enough to handle these electrical fitments.

Thouqeer has recently has moved his shop near sony world signal , lane next to the HP world or next to Green Cars MASS.
Could you pls give the address of both these shops.

FundaG
Old 12th January 2013, 18:21   #6817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Have you checked out on this. Am also planning to upgrade to HID's especially the low beam. What is the specs and brand of the bulbs you are planning to install.

Could you pls give the address of both these shops.

FundaG
If you have a projector setup, then yes HID's is the ideal upgrade. I plan to go for Philips. Evo(Satya) is located near Cambridge Layout. I might drop in on tomorrow or Monday. You can pick from 4300K or 6000K range.
Old 12th January 2013, 19:39   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
If you have a projector setup, then yes HID's is the ideal upgrade. I plan to go for Philips. Evo(Satya) is located near Cambridge Layout. I might drop in on tomorrow or Monday. You can pick from 4300K or 6000K range.
I failed to mention in my earlier post. I too have an XUV. So just post some pics as well as details once you have it done. Also are you sure about not voiding the warranty. Did you check out with your A.S.S regarding this.
Pls give the details on the price also for the both the options. Thanks

FundaG
Old 12th January 2013, 20:12   #6819
BHPian

Quote:
I failed to mention in my earlier post. I too have an XUV. So just post some pics as well as details once you have it done. Also are you sure about not voiding the warranty. Did you check out with your A.S.S regarding this.

FundaG
From what I understand, warranty should not be affected as long as the wiring is kept intact without cutting it. Since the XUV already has the projectors, the HID bulbs should be an easy fit with the ballasts. I am trying to confirm this with the A.S.S.

I am not certain of the pricing for the 4300K and the 6000K.

Will proceed only post discussion with the A.S.S on the warranty part since nobody else has replied to that part of my earlier post.

On a side note, do drop a PM with your mobile number.

Cheers.
Old 12th January 2013, 21:01   #6820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

FundaG
The Philips HID will cost something about 9-10k, color doesn't make difference in the price as far as I know.
Satya deals with P8 HID also, which as per him are very good quality ones and should cost you around 7k .
Hope it helps.
Cheers
Old 12th January 2013, 23:19   #6821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Couldn't spot the temperature rating on the box of the bulb, did try looking for that before it was installed.

Yes, they did give the entire kit inclusive of the ceramic holder & the relay.
I believe 4300k is the temperature for the stock color. Any estimate of the price range i should be looking at for Philips / Osram 90/100W 4300k lamps ?? Planning on getting them this weekend, since fog & cold conditions in delhi seems to be gone for this season at least
Here's the pic of 4300k 90/100 halonix bulbs on my Accent. And i got them for 100/- per bulb. Sorry for the wrong price, I told you previously.

Low Beam :
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0006.jpg

High Beam :
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0008.jpg

Need to get right headlamp adjusted a bit.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 13th January 2013, 21:05   #6822
BHPian

can some one guide me to the process of adjusting the stock headlamp focus adjustment done by turning the screw/nut on the backside of the head lamp ?
Old 13th January 2013, 23:04   #6823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
can some one guide me to the process of adjusting the stock headlamp focus adjustment done by turning the screw/nut on the backside of the head lamp ?
Have a look at this post.
It briefs about the process for adjusting an Ikons focus.
amitwiz1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 15:27   #6824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
Here is a guide:

1. First, visually inspect both the headlamp assembly to ensure they have been mounted right. Sometimes when you have changed the assembly, the mechanic may have improperly mounted it, causing bad alignment of the lamp. Even a small mistake can put the alignment off badly.

2. If you are satisified with the mounting, then move the leveller switch to a mid position, like 2 or 1. This is optional. I do it because my default position is that. I can move it up or down if required. If you focus the lamp at 0 position, you can only move it down.

3. Peep behind the headlamp assembly. You will find these reference markings:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07489.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07491.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07513.jpg

Given above are what is found in my cars. These indicate the position of the adjustment screws and the direction they need to turned to move up down, left and right.

4. Look behind where the two LR and UD markings are located, and you will find the respective adjustment holes

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07494.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07505.jpg

See the location of the marking and the location of the screw. Now, here is a close up of the Up/Down adjustment hole:
WagonR
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07496.jpg

SX4:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07516.jpg

We can see a gear cog inside the hole. Insert a long star screw driver into this hole. As per the notation, turn it to acheive the desired result.

Here is the left right adjustment screw on the WagonR:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07503.jpg

As we move closer,
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dsc07509.jpg

Insert the screwdriver, and repeat the same procedure.

My basis of alignment of the lamps are as follows:
  • Unloaded car, empty road with a pavement, and leveller set to postion 2
  • Car parked some distance from the pavement and there must be empty road up front
  • On low beam, I adjust the vertcal focus such that the low beam cutoff line does not go above the road surface. This will ensure that no oncoming vehicle will face a direct glare. Also this ensures that the high beam will be split into the road as well as the traffic ahead.
  • On low beam, you can find the \_ \_ line. I set the horizontal focus such that the \ portion partially falls on the pavement. This ensures we can spot pedestrains, two wheelers to the left of the car.
  • Switch to high beam and ensure that the light is not pointing towards the left and looks straight ahead. Also, adjust horizontal focus such that the high beam will create an oval hotspot and will not fall at the same point. This will help to spread the light efficiently without causing improper distribution of the available light.

Please avoid this if you have self aligning lamps. This method is common for most assemblies, except that the adjustment tool may vary.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 20:35   #6825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Just bought 2 pairs of Philips Xtreme vision H4 60/55 bulbs from AK traders, JC road, Bangalore. Cost was Rs. 900 per pair inclusive of taxes. MRP printed is Rs. 600 per bulb. Did try bargaining for a discount, but the shop owner did not budge, and he went on to say that even if we take 200 bulbs, the selling price will remain the same!
Attachment 1036875

Attachment 1036876

Attachment 1036877
The bulbs are january 2012 manufactured, hope that would not be an issue.
I purchased 2 bulbs for 900 bucks today from AK traders. But got one bulb of July2011 and another of Jan2012. :( . Did not check with a keen eye at the shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks