1. Parking Light On
  2. Low Beam On
  3. Low Beam Throw
  4. High Beam On
  5. High Beam Throw
  6. Overall
  7. Parking Light Pack
  8. Main Light Pack
Throw has been captured for a very short distance though due to surrounding limitations. Hope this helps others to have some idea.

Tathagata
Congrats on your buy. Have you driven in the rains and let us all know how is the lighting? Pictures if possible?
Old 25th April 2011, 23:14   #4967
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Shubz - Sorry for the late reply, yes im running HID's (Philips 6000K) without projectors in both my Swift as well as ANHC.

Projectors are definitely preferred, which will sharpen the focus of the beams, but the normal stock reflector does a good enough job ! I would definitely recommend an upgrade to HID's as ive been through all types of experiments involving all the Visions, night breakers etc but none could give me more usable light on the road with a wider spread !
Old 27th April 2011, 09:54   #4968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
hey guys.
i own a skoda fabia(elegance)& i am completely unsatisfied with the headlight (it has a stock projector setup).i need something which gives me more visibility on the road. i being a complete noob about headlights please suggest my options. it has only one projector not like octavia which has projector for low beam and reflector for high.

(the photo is not of my car and is picked from google.THough it has the same headlight setup)
You can get HID's. Since you have a projector setup, you can definitely go for the HID's. 4300k HID's would be the ideal HID's to go for.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:02   #4969
BHPian

Replaced the stock headlights on my Getz last week with Hella 90/100w bulbs. Satya's (Evo) boys did a great job and finished the setup in less than 15 minutes. The change really worked wonders on my drive to Kerala, Highway driving was far better and with the recent heavy rains in Kerala, the replacement was worth it!
Old 27th April 2011, 21:29   #4970
BHPian

HI Guys
Need some advice. The stock headlight bulbs in my dec 2010 Tata Safari are inadequate for highway driving. I am looking for upgrade. Presently i don't want to go for HID. I have heard alot about diamond vision and osram nightbreaker plus. Can the users tell me which is better of them and whether they can go with the Safari headlights

Thanks.
Old 28th April 2011, 13:48   #4971
BHPian

@Shubz: will definitely provide feedback about visibility during rain as soon as I get into the situation. Pictures in rain will be tough proposition. Will try.

@sheelz: I am using Philips Diamond Vision H4 5000K lamps on my Esteem for about a week now. Works pretty good in dark environment but almost non-existant in lighted up environments. Especially in Kolkata they are replacing the street lights with white lights (Street Light version of HID I guess :-)) which totally kills the beam.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:35   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
@Shubz: will definitely provide feedback about visibility during rain as soon as I get into the situation. Pictures in rain will be tough proposition. Will try.
Sir, One request, Please don't try clicking while driving in rain. Very dangerous! You may stop and click when in a rainy situation. Thank you
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:07   #4973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sir, One request, Please don't try clicking while driving in rain. Very dangerous! You may stop and click when in a rainy situation. Thank you
will pull over for sure in such situation.
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:30   #4974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
HI Guys
Need some advice. The stock headlight bulbs in my dec 2010 Tata Safari are inadequate for highway driving. I am looking for upgrade. Presently i don't want to go for HID. I have heard alot about diamond vision and osram nightbreaker plus. Can the users tell me which is better of them and whether they can go with the Safari headlights

Thanks.
Osram night breaker / Night breaker Plus [If launched]. I believe diamond vision is the same 55W bulb with some white light.

Osram NB is also 55W but the output will be that of a 100W bulb and you need not change the wiring / relays when you use this. I think there is something from Philips similar to Osram NB - guess its called Philips Extreme Power or so.

I used Osram NB for a year and am completely satisfied with that - spent 1300/- for a pair that time. The prices have come down to 900/- now I believe.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:43   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I used Osram NB for a year and am completely satisfied with that - spent 1300/- for a pair that time. The prices have come down to 900/- now I believe.
I Wanted to change the headlight bulb to Osram Night breaker Plus but they are quoting 1300. Can anyone please confirm what was the latest price for Osram Night breaker Plus in Bangalore? I am looking for H7 for My Manza.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:57   #4976
BHPian

I've got a solid reason to stay back late at work today

Changed the stock Philips 60/55W on my Xylo to Flosser 100/90 with Minda cutout harness. I've not been able to gauge the highway benefit yet, but the light intensity difference measured (before and after) against a wall is significant.

The Minda harness looks very impressive. Thick gauge wire, metallic shielding on the wiresets and dual fuses.

Cost me Rs 950, all inclusive and took about 15 minutes.
Old 5th May 2011, 13:29   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
I Wanted to change the headlight bulb to Osram Night breaker Plus but they are quoting 1300. Can anyone please confirm what was the latest price for Osram Night breaker Plus in Bangalore? I am looking for H7 for My Manza.
I recently bought Osram NB+ direct from a distributor in Delhi. The MRP on the pack was 1150/- for H4 and 1050/- for H1 60/55W bulbs. Not sure about the H7 price though. I got them for a total of 1500/- (800/- for H4 and 700/- for H1) with tax-paid bill.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 5th May 2011 at 13:31.
Old 5th May 2011, 13:38   #4978
BHPian

Is it possible to fit a projector lamp for the foglamps in the swift? Without HID's and running higher power halogens with relay, will these be effective? And what would be the reliability since these will be placed low and can possibly be hit by small stones?
Old 5th May 2011, 13:53   #4979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
I recently bought Osram NB+ direct from a distributor in Delhi. The MRP on the pack was 1150/- for H4 and 1050/- for H1 60/55W bulbs. Not sure about the H7 price though. I got them for a total of 1500/- (800/- for H4 and 700/- for H1) with tax-paid bill.
nkapoor - do you mind sharing the contact details of the Delhi distributer. I am also looking for H7 NB+ and contact details will help. Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 15:21   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
nkapoor - do you mind sharing the contact details of the Delhi distributer. I am also looking for H7 NB+ and contact details will help. Thanks
Here you go:

Krishna Sales
Sultan Singh Building, Balaji Market,
Kashmiri Gate, Delhi

This is walking distance (<250m) from the Kashmiri Gate metro station and is located near Bata showroom and Central Bank of India branch.
nkapoor777 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks