Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 13:23   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Can any of the gurus throw some light on which would be better on the Highway?
Hey RameshNanda,

I drive a Punto MJD EP 05 2010. I drive a lot at night on the highways and have never found wanting more light from the stock setup

BTW, mine is the 75BHP one, not 90!
Old 12th May 2011, 13:53   #5042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
After reading lot of reviews, now I am confused between Philips Xtreme Vision (+100% light - Claimed) and Osram Night Breaker Plus (+90% - Claimed). Can any of the gurus throw some light on which would be better on the Highway?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-breakers.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mps-price.html

headers; better power always helps; maybe you got used to it and hence you are ok with the illumination.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 13:57   #5043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

headers; better power always helps; maybe you got used to it and hence you are ok with the illumination.
I beg to differ Sir..but lets move on - not in this thread!
Old 12th May 2011, 14:18   #5044
BHPian

I want to install light blue or white LEDs on my Figo headlight assembly (upper side, where the headlamp frame looks like a lady's eyebrows) I have two questions:
1. The guy I spoke to told me LEDs will cost me Rs. 250 per feet. Is this a competitive price? It includes fitting.
2. is it advisable? I am thinking of these LEDs to be something like the Daytime Running Lights or whatever they are called. I am thinking of using a separate switch and not use the headlamp switch assembly of the Figo.

Advise before I make modifications would be highly appreciated.

My car is white, by the way.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:28   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey RameshNanda,

I drive a Punto MJD EP 05 2010. I drive a lot at night on the highways and have never found wanting more light from the stock setup

BTW, mine is the 75BHP one, not 90!
Good that you are satisfied with the stock setup. I have driven couple of times at night on the highways and not satisfied with the light. Hence, planning for this upgrade (Headlamp alone) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-breakers.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mps-price.html

Thanks jkdas. I will check this out. At present, I am more inclined towards Osram NB+.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:45   #5046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I want to install light blue or white LEDs on my Figo headlight assembly (upper side, where the headlamp frame looks like a lady's eyebrows) I have two questions:
1. The guy I spoke to told me LEDs will cost me Rs. 250 per feet. Is this a competitive price? It includes fitting.
2. is it advisable? I am thinking of these LEDs to be something like the Daytime Running Lights or whatever they are called. I am thinking of using a separate switch and not use the headlamp switch assembly of the Figo.

250 with fitting is dirt cheap.
Are these going inside the housing, or over it?
But are you sure you wanna do this?

if you are, just make sure its those LEDs which have about an inch of space between each.
I saw an altis yesterday which had those LEDs which are lined up right next to each other, 1mm apart.
it looked like it was going as a groom's car...

EDIT: Response to response below-
2 feet per lamp at 250 would be 1000 bucks.
what are you planning on doing with 1000 extra bucks worth of LEDs, eh?
or is my math wrong here.....
wait, no!

white only please, unless you want to head for a very popular thread here....

Last edited by mayankk : 12th May 2011 at 15:12. Reason: see post after this one..
Old 12th May 2011, 15:02   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
250 with fitting is dirt cheap.
Are these going inside the housing, or over it?
But are you sure you wanna do this?

if you are, just make sure its those LEDs which have about an inch of space between each.
I saw an altis yesterday which had those LEDs which are lined up right next to each other, 1mm apart.
it looked like it was going as a groom's car...
HAHA with the groom's car!!!
I am sure in as far as what I think the end result will look like. However, i still need to actually see how it would look like. This I plan to be inside the housing, there seems to be enough space between the glass and the reflector frame for me to install the LEDs. Thanks for the pointer about the space between the LEDs. Didnt think of that before.
250 including fitting per feet. I will most likely need 2 feet for each light, so about 2000 for the entire thing. Gonna do it this w/e if time permits.
What colour? I was thinking of white. I really dont dig those 'coloured' LEDs that much.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:56   #5048
BHPian

Anyone with experience with warn lights?? Im planning to fit into my thar. I ve used hella 500comet , 700, 1000 before. Comet served my purpose for 4 years,It was fantastic combined with headlamps on safari. Next i installed 1000 but got damaged in its first outing with an accident.
Now looking at installing warn lamps. Any experience would be helpful.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:28   #5049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I would recommend the DRL's anytime. Are you planning to install these small LED's along the headlight assembly? If so, PLEASE DONT.! You are spoiling the looks of the car. Go for the DRL's. It will be the best option. I have installed the DRLs in my car. It's dead cheap online and they have many LED options and all sorts of DRL's.
Old 13th May 2011, 10:53   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would recommend the DRL's anytime. Go for the DRL's. It will be the best option. I have installed the DRLs in my car. It's dead cheap online and they have many LED options and all sorts of DRL's.
Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but I thought if I installed LEDs I would, in effect, be installing DRLs! and that DRLs are also made of LEDs!

The whole intention was to have DRLs, which I can use during daytime (I am sure some body is going to signal me to switch off my lights once they see this, LOL) and the means of doing that, since I dont have in-built DRLs is to install LEDs along the headlight assembly, up top, from where it starts to curve up till the very edge where it begins to curve down again.

Any site where I can buy DRLs( if they are not the same as LEDs)? e-bay?
Old 13th May 2011, 13:40   #5051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Forgive my lack of knowledge on this but I thought if I installed LEDs I would, in effect, be installing DRLs! and that DRLs are also made of LEDs!

The whole intention was to have DRLs, which I can use during daytime (I am sure some body is going to signal me to switch off my lights once they see this, LOL) and the means of doing that, since I dont have in-built DRLs is to install LEDs along the headlight assembly, up top, from where it starts to curve up till the very edge where it begins to curve down again.

Any site where I can buy DRLs( if they are not the same as LEDs)? e-bay?
DRL's are indeed made up of LED's but I dont like the idea of installing them onto the headlight assembly. Kind of looks cheap (Sorry, this is just my personal opinion). You can install these DRL's onto your lower grill on the bumper.This will definitely make your car look cool.

Here's the site from where I purchase lighting products. Please note that their shipping is really slow. Expect somewhere around 3 weeks for your products to arrive. But they have good collections and offer at a very low price.

Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Lights For Cars, LED Bulbs, HID Bulbs, HID Conversion Kits and Car Accessories
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 21:26   #5052
Senior - BHPian

After little bit of analysis I decided to go with Osram NB+ against Philips Xtreme Vision. I went to GP Road in Chennai today and got a quote of Rs. 900 for both H4 and H1 for a pair. Finally, they agreed for Rs. 850 for both H4 and H1. I bought it

Edit: I bought from AK Traders. And here's the contact.
A.K. Traders
No. 118, General Patters Road
(Diagonally Opposite to Jayapradha theatre)
Chennai-2
Ph: 9840129958

Last edited by rameshnanda : 14th May 2011 at 21:35.
Old 18th May 2011, 18:43   #5053
BHPian

Aftermarket HID headlights for Cedia

Hi,

The headlights in my 2007 Cedia have become very week and I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket Xenon/HID lamp fitted in it. But, I'm not sure if it is a good idea. My primary concern is if the circuit would get overloaded.

"Is there anybody out there" who has done already done this? Since Cedia is a modders delight am sure someone has gone down this path before.

What is the best VFM kit (definitely don't want a Chinese make)?

Is it better to continue with stock headlights and add new lights where the slots for fog lamp are?

Add 1 Hella? I don't know where though as I don't favour bull bars.

Any other option?

Reason I want to get better lights is for night highway drives. The lights are well suited for city driving. In fact I probably wouldn't need high intensity lights in the city.

Thanks much.
Old 19th May 2011, 07:12   #5054
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket HID headlights for Cedia

How about just installing brighter bulbs?
It would be much cheaper, and easier.
HIDs can fit, but they may not be focused as the unit is not built for HID lights. To compensate for an increase in the load, the installer could put in a relay. However, in our Fiesta we switched to 90W bulbs and there was no need for an additional relay.
Old 19th May 2011, 09:14   #5055
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket HID headlights for Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Hi,

The headlights in my 2007 Cedia have become very week and I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket Xenon/HID lamp fitted in it. But, I'm not sure if it is a good idea. My primary concern is if the circuit would get overloaded.

"Is there anybody out there" who has done already done this? Since Cedia is a modders delight am sure someone has gone down this path before.

What is the best VFM kit (definitely don't want a Chinese make)?

Is it better to continue with stock headlights and add new lights where the slots for fog lamp are?

Add 1 Hella? I don't know where though as I don't favour bull bars.

Any other option?

Reason I want to get better lights is for night highway drives. The lights are well suited for city driving. In fact I probably wouldn't need high intensity lights in the city.

Thanks much.
If budget isnt a great issue you can try to install projectors with HID's. I would recommend HID's on stock headlights. The whole setup might come around 20k.

Else I would recommend higher rated bulbs (90/100w). Philips would be the recommended brand.

As for HID's, you have Philips, Auto Gauge and P8.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks