Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2011, 11:02   #4996
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
By the way does Manza have H7 bulbs ?? I read that Corolla has H7 !
Yes Manza has both Low Beam & High Beam of H7 with same Rating of 12V 55W
Fog light is H3
Old 6th May 2011, 11:14   #4997
Distinguished - BHPian

One quickie.
I've decided to buy Philips diamond vision (12342DV) for my Punto 1.2E
Thery are H4 bulbs.

Where in Bangalore can I get it and what might be the approximate cost?
Any contacts would help.

Tomorrow I'm planning some modifications for my car and I want to buy this tomorrow
Old 6th May 2011, 12:40   #4998
Senior - BHPian

I want to place order for set of 2 HID Lamps from abroad. These lamps are called "Lazer Star Dominator" lamps available in Flood or Beam pattern.

Here are the characteristics:
  • Extremely-high-output HID light with a low draw
  • 7" dia.
  • 35W metal-halide lamp
  • Features an internal ballast so there's no external box to hide
  • Includes black ABS lens cover
  • Mounts with either 10mm mounting bolt with gear wheel for fine-adjustments or three-point Tri-Star mounting bezel for custom light bar applications
  • Available with spot- or flood-beam
  • Sold each

Just Google "Lazer Star Dominator" you will find tons of page. Anybody having experience with these HID lamps with build in ballast?

HID gurus please throw light.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1029487.jpg

Last edited by anujmishra : 6th May 2011 at 12:41.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:05   #4999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

I'm ok with just a bulb replacement. Projectors, maybe some yrs down the line

Any recommendations?

Please make sure you use relays as well if you are going for higher wattage bulb. If you are not interested in higher wattage and want to stick to stock wattage bulbs with better output, please try Osram nightbreakers. This will save you from doing extra wiring / relays etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One quickie.
I've decided to buy Philips diamond vision (12342DV) for my Punto 1.2E
Thery are H4 bulbs.

Where in Bangalore can I get it and what might be the approximate cost?
Any contacts would help.

Tomorrow I'm planning some modifications for my car and I want to buy this tomorrow
Why do you want to go for diamond vision ? Its recommended if you want white light but the spread is not going to help you in highway drive [or even well lit roads]. If you want better light beams, please go for Osram nightbreakers / higher watt bulb with relays, better wiring etc.

Diamond vision should be around 450/- is what I assume. This should be available in any auto accessories shops. Philips Distributor - J.C.Road, Bangalore :: Sunil - 98441 66794

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th May 2011 at 19:07.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 19:31   #5000
BHPian

Hi guys I got a new Skoda Laura about 3 weeks back and want to put a HID kit in the low beam. I know it has projectors and it would be good. My question is:
1) I read on Briskoda.net that in case HIDs are installed I would need to hook it up with a VCDS or VAS and change the light setting to Xenon shutter or something. Can the HID gurus here please conform this and also detail of what excatly i have to do?
Thanks a ton
Old 6th May 2011, 20:51   #5001
Senior - BHPian

Do we get angel eyes / projector light setups for the OHC Type2 model? If yes, can anyone suggest where in mumbai can i get hold of it and the approx price.
Old 7th May 2011, 07:09   #5002

Hey guys,

Here are some pics of my xenons. Both 55W output. H4s are bixenons. Someone had asked for pics of my car a while back, sorry for the late response .
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1117.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1121.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1120.jpg  

Old 7th May 2011, 09:22   #5003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Do we get angel eyes / projector light setups for the OHC Type2 model? If yes, can anyone suggest where in mumbai can i get hold of it and the approx price.
There's a place called retro rides in Delhi who source projectors for OHC. If am correct it will come around 25k. The kit includes

Projectors
HID kit
Wiring Kit
Courier charges to Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rr00001.jpg  

Old 7th May 2011, 16:17   #5004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilxKnievil View Post
Hey guys,

Here are some pics of my xenons. Both 55W output. H4s are bixenons. Someone had asked for pics of my car a while back, sorry for the late response .
You have Xenons in fog lamps as well? And its H8 right? How much did it cost you in fogs? What all needs to be changed if you need to have HIDs in the fog lights ?
Old 7th May 2011, 16:26   #5005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You have Xenons in fog lamps as well? And its H8 right? How much did it cost you in fogs? What all needs to be changed if you need to have HIDs in the fog lights ?
You dont need to change anything. Just get the HID's that fit onto your stock fogs, get the full kit (HID's, Ballast, wiring kit) and you are done.
Old 7th May 2011, 17:06   #5006

Quote:

Hey buddy, the fog lamps on Swift are H11, not H8. The entire kit with the H4 bixenons and the H11 xenons costed me just 6.5K. Duty was only around 900Rs coz the seller who sent me the parcel reduced the amount of shipping in the invoice to reduce duty. Fitting costed me 1K. And the entire kit comes with 18 months warranty. The factory from which I bought this kit also sells 75W and 150W xenon kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You dont need to change anything. Just get the HID's that fit onto your stock fogs, get the full kit (HID's, Ballast, wiring kit) and you are done.
The stock wiring of the swift for the fog lamps is designed to take very low power. I too used to think that it was a bolt on fit and forget thing. But it costed me a lot of time if not money. The entire wiring from the fog lamp fuse to the bumper was destroyed. I had to later change the entire OEM wiring from the switch till the bumpers, put in a relay and individual fuse on both lines. My original headlight wires didnt burn coz it already had a relay and fuse of my old Osram 100/90 bulbs. So pls dont make my mistake when u change fogs to xenons, especially if the ballast is not 35W.
Old 7th May 2011, 17:47   #5007
Senior - BHPian

Hella 700FF, Hella 3003 or Hella 4000FF

Folks,

I have two pairs of Hella 500 Comet projectors in my Tavera. I am planning to upgrade two of them to either Hella 3003 or Hella 4000FF. I am also considering Hella 700FF. I intend to keep two of the existing Hella 500 Comets for low beam and city driving.

I need the Hella 3003 or the Hella 4000FF for highways, to be used along with my high beams. I am not considering Lightforce.

What would you guys suggest??

Here are some pics of my Chevy.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-6.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4-chevy.jpg

The light throw is very good now also. But I need more power! I drive a lot in TN and the Volvos are blinding me with their 8 headlights!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1-highway_to_ooty.jpg
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 19:00   #5008
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am a noob in auto-lighting, so it'd be great if someone can help me here. I am planning to change the stock headlamps of my VW Polo. Don't wanna spend a lot. Heard that the Osram Nightbreaker Plus was launched just last week. Any idea what's the cost for a pair? How are those bulbs and is it white light? They aren't xenons right?

I plan to change my fog light bulbs also. So what specs of Osram NB+ am I looking at ? Don't want to void the car warranty so I would probably stick to stock headlamp specifications.
Old 7th May 2011, 22:13   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilxKnievil View Post
Hey guys,

From the pictures it appears that it WOULD blind on coming traffic, else the focus is incorrect. I suggest that you ensure that you are NOT blinding oncoming traffic, as that may be detremental to your own safety as well as others.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 23:06   #5010
BHPian

Hi everybody,
I use to travel a lot during nights. Since long I was looking for a replacement of headlights for my New Fabia. It was really a difficult decision for me considering the options available. But once I came across this thread, all my doubts/ queries have gone.
Now, I have almost made up my mind in favour of Osram NB+ H4, for the reason basically being a legitimate option & that again for having no need of any modifications or extra fitments. The stock bulbs provided with Fabia also come from Osram stable.
I would like to know from the users, are they good enough for regular night driving on highways?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks