Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 09:19   #5746
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I want to change my Vista low beam H3s to Philips XtremeVision, couldn't find them in Hyd so far. Please let me know of any shops that stock these in Blre, I will try to get them thru a friend in Blre, thanks.
Old 22nd December 2011, 02:58   #5747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I want to change my Vista low beam H3s to Philips XtremeVision, couldn't find them in Hyd so far. Please let me know of any shops that stock these in Blre, I will try to get them thru a friend in Blre, thanks.
Vista has H7 Low beam. H3 is for Fogs.

H7 XtremeVisions are difficult to come by, try to get NB+.
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:15   #5748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis

I am guessing your car uses 9005 bulbs for high beam and 9006 bulbs for low beam. Perhaps your dealer does not have them in stock. Philips make every conceivable bulbs for automobiles and yes, Philips makes 9005/9006 bulbs. Try other shops.

Best is to refer your car manual. Get the bulb type and hunt fot it. Dealers often says a lot of nonsense stuffs. BTW you can visit Karol Bagh. I'm not from Delhi, but heard a lot about it regarding automobiles stuffs there.
Evan I have been trying to search for Philips x-treme vision for the Civic. However, even the Philips India website does not show them (9006/9005) as available. Would be calling them up either today or tomorrow.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:32   #5749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

Sorry, will lok for H7s then, anybody know of any shops in Hyd/Blre which stock H7 Philips XV or Osram NB+? Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:10   #5750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Option 2 and 3 do not seem viable, so I am left with option 1.
I do not want to go with any local bulbs and would prefer something like Philips. What are my options then?
My usual dealer(Elegant, Lajpat Nagar) was saying that Civic's bulb size is not available with Philips. Is that true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarooppatil View Post
Evan I have been trying to search for Philips x-treme vision for the Civic. However, even the Philips India website does not show them (9006/9005) as available. Would be calling them up either today or tomorrow.
I have checked with the Philips guys. Its true that they do not have the options for HB3 and HB4 in the X-treme Vision family. I was told that they only have the standard OEM replacements for the Civic. However, Osram has the HB3 and HB4 available in Nightbreaker Plus family, which is equally good. I am planning to go for them. Had a word with the Osram Sales Rep for West zone. He suggested that they are available only at their opera house dealer but he can arrange for the delivery. He was supposed to get back to me with the prices too, but that has not happened so far. Will post once I hear back from him.
Old 24th December 2011, 13:58   #5751

Yellow fog lamps banned in kerala? Anyone have info on this? All the shops in tvm does not have yellow fog lamps for Estilo and they are saying it is banned. Is it true one shop in adoor promised to get yellow lamps if i insist?

Note from Support: Post edited to make it readable. Please proof read your post before hitting submit button. Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 12:55   #5752
BHPian

Got a call from Mr. Vijay Nair of Osram this morning. He said that the HB3 and HB4 in Nightbreaker Plus are not yet launched. He said they are available in H11 which are the Civic fog lamp spec but that does not make much sense. So it seems no extra bright lamps for the civic in the normal wattage range.
Old 26th December 2011, 14:21   #5753
BHPian

Guys, I would like to upgrade the stock bulbs on my new swift. High beam and low beam. Would also like to shift to HIDs for the fogs. Can you please suggest which is best brand for the headlights (white color) and best HIDs (VFM) for the fogs?
Old 26th December 2011, 14:26   #5754
Senior - BHPian

what kind of relay kit is required for the h1 high beam bulb upgrade.
hella is having the normal h4 relay kit with h4 bulb holder.

please refer the h1 connector below in my car. this is for high beam.

What is the best recommendation for 100 or 130 watts H1 bulb?
i love philips rally vision 100/90 which are the most cost effective solutions but i doubt they have h1 in 100-130 watts.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1040644.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1040645.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1040647.jpg  

Old 26th December 2011, 14:32   #5755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Guys, I would like to upgrade the stock bulbs on my new swift. High beam and low beam. Would also like to shift to HIDs for the fogs. Can you please suggest which is best brand for the headlights (white color) and best HIDs (VFM) for the fogs?
Philips would be ideal choice. Hope you are referring to normal halogens for the headlights. There are many options under Philips for headlights. You can either go for the stock wattage or upgrade to higher wattage bulbs. When going for higher wattage bulbs make sure you buy the entire kit (ceramic holders, relays and proper wiring kit). Please note pure white light offers less visibility range. 4300k color temp is the best (ie if you are looking for usability rather than looks). Also, halogen white light wont be pure light. Dont expect it's output to be similar to HID's. You will notice only a small tinge of white output. For pure white output, you will need to install HID's.
For the fogs you can check out Philips. If you install HID's here, it will basically be for the looks as fogs are not designed to take HID's. HID's are best suited for projectors.

Philips HID's will cost around 8k-10k. If you are looking for cheaper options you have P8, Auto Gauge, Osram.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 14:50   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Philips would be ideal choice. Hope you are referring to normal halogens for the headlights. There are many options under Philips for headlights. You can either go for the stock wattage or upgrade to higher wattage bulbs. When going for higher wattage bulbs make sure you buy the entire kit (ceramic holders, relays and proper wiring kit). Please note pure white light offers less visibility range. 4300k color temp is the best (ie if you are looking for usability rather than looks). Also, halogen white light wont be pure light. Dont expect it's output to be similar to HID's. You will notice only a small tinge of white output. For pure white output, you will need to install HID's.
For the fogs you can check out Philips. If you install HID's here, it will basically be for the looks as fogs are not designed to take HID's. HID's are best suited for projectors.

Philips HID's will cost around 8k-10k. If you are looking for cheaper options you have P8, Auto Gauge, Osram.
The light throw on low beam isn't that impressive. I am looking at higher wattage to replace the stock halogen headlights. I will go in for the entire kit. Naveen, can you please let me know how much white halogen headlights (4300k) cost along with the kit? I am not going in for projectors but just stock replacement which will have a wider throw?

As for the fogs, I would want the bulbs in the fog to act as DRLs and hence wanted to replace them with HIDs.What is your take on this idea? what would be the cost of P8, Auto Gauge or Osram fog bulbs?
Old 26th December 2011, 15:17   #5757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
The light throw on low beam isn't that impressive. I am looking at higher wattage to replace the stock halogen headlights. I will go in for the entire kit. Naveen, can you please let me know how much white halogen headlights (4300k) cost along with the kit? I am not going in for projectors but just stock replacement which will have a wider throw?

As for the fogs, I would want the bulbs in the fog to act as DRLs and hence wanted to replace them with HIDs.What is your take on this idea? what would be the cost of P8, Auto Gauge or Osram fog bulbs?
Higher wattage bulbs would cost around 1k-1.2k. I have personally used 90/100w Osram bulbs before getting projectors. I can say that the higher wattage bulbs perform much better than the stock headlights. I changed my bulbs as soon as I got the car since I wasnt impressed with the stock lights.

HID's as DRLs? HIDs will be a lot brighter when compared to DRLs. If you looking for looks go for HID's else stick with stock fogs. Cost depends on the wattage. Not sure how much it will come to. Maybe few hundred bucks. Please check on that because am not sure about the fog bulb configuration.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:12   #5758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarooppatil View Post
Got a call from Mr. Vijay Nair of Osram this morning. He said that the HB3 and HB4 in Nightbreaker Plus are not yet launched. He said they are available in H11 which are the Civic fog lamp spec but that does not make much sense. So it seems no extra bright lamps for the civic in the normal wattage range.
Even I had a word with multiple store executives in Delhi NCR.
Nothing is available in Yellow Light at 80-100% more light.
The only options I am being told are 30%(Without Relay) and 60%(With Relay).
It doesn't make any sense for me to go for either of them.

The fog has started to come back again. Hope I cross it without incident.
Old 28th December 2011, 18:04   #5759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve

I picked up Philips XtremeVision H4s for my Fiesta low beam from reliance mart Aundh.
Try reliance marts. They also had H1s and lot many other specs. They only had Philips though.

Btw, I am still looking out for places to purchase relays and wiring harness and holder in Pune for a 100w h1 for high beam. After which, Ill get both installed.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:07   #5760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
I picked up Philips XtremeVision H4s for my Fiesta low beam from reliance mart Aundh.
Try reliance marts. They also had H1s and lot many other specs. They only had Philips though.

Btw, I am still looking out for places to purchase relays and wiring harness and holder in Pune for a 100w h1 for high beam. After which, Ill get both installed.
How can you fix H4 in Fiesta? i thought Fiesta also uses H7 bulb type?

Most Viewed