Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 15:58   #5896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

@all
Does anyone know an experienced retro-fitter for projector lamps?
Apart from the Retro Rides in Delhi, You can contact the below mentioned retrofitter in Delhi
Bi-Xenon Hid Kit, Bi-Xenon projector, Bi-Xenon headlights, Angel Eyes, Projector Headlights, Projector Headlights for R15, performance parts in delhi, projection headlamps in delhi, HID Projection in delhi, angel eyes headlights, angel eyes r15, gree
Pretty good installations, he has done for a civic too (pic is there), the same can't be commented on the quality of the Projectors fitted.
Old 9th February 2012, 16:02   #5897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
For my Indica Vista,have decide to upgrade the H1 high beams to 100w from 60w.The bulb i came across is Philips H1 essential vision 100W(12454RA).I noticed that the bulb doesn't have any blue tinge/coating to it.How good is this bulb.It costs only Rs.140 each and another 600 for the roots relay kit with ceramic holders.The deal seems pretty inexpensive.

I don't want the white or blue lights as they are hopeless even on a clear dark night forget in rain or fog.
OK.I have these bulbs installed .The light is yellowish which is exactly what i was looking for and the spread is fantastic.The difference in power is obvious.

The shop guy didn't use a relay though.He said it was necessary as i was just upgrading the H1's.He would have used it if i upgraded my low beams(H7) as well
Old 9th February 2012, 17:56   #5898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Apart from the Retro Rides in Delhi, You can contact the below mentioned retrofitter in Delhi
Bi-Xenon Hid Kit, Bi-Xenon projector, Bi-Xenon headlights, Angel Eyes, Projector Headlights, Projector Headlights for R15, performance parts in delhi, projection headlamps in delhi, HID Projection in delhi, angel eyes headlights, angel eyes r15, gree
Pretty good installations, he has done for a civic too (pic is there), the same can't be commented on the quality of the Projectors fitted.
They seem like full kits and not retrofits to my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Yes In that budget range EVOX-R is the best.
Still if you want more ..You can try the Lexus LS 460 Bi-Xenon Projectors.
One of my friend who has used it says .. it's The Best Bi-Xenon Projectorsas of now.
But pricier, TRS quoted price is $375 just for the projectors.

In highbeam the throw of the lights is not good for speeds above 80Kmph.
Hid's will perform even more better than the halogens when reflecting the road signs.

One has to get proper Shroud adapter/mounting kit to fit the shrouds properly into the Projectors.
Apart from screws only option left is to Cut the reflectors.

When in Bangalore, if you have time in the evening, we can meet. I can show the light fitment & output on my car.
Based on it & your requirement, you can take a call .
I cannot go for the Lexus ones, they are way too expensive.

Considering I will be at high speeds (in the nights, average is between 130 and 150) that might be a problem, but as you had said earlier generally you are more than happy with the low beams so I guess it should be alright.

The shrouds and all the material required would come with the complete kit in TRS right?

My boss just delayed my Bangalore plans :( (Hate the red tape) but when I do come I will definitely let you know and plan something.

Check Inbox
Old 9th February 2012, 18:30   #5899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I was actually thinking of switching to Manza's headlamp unit cos it will look way too cool with the vistas honeycomb grill.Why dont you switch to the vista's unit?I am sure its a direct fit!
Any idea as to how much this setup will cost? The new Vista looks really cool with the manza headlamps.
Old 10th February 2012, 12:00   #5900
BHPian

As I was dusting my ride this morning, I noticed that one of the ballasts had come off its perch. the 3M gave away, to probably too much off dust and water. It was fitted only 2 months ago and I had observed that the garage guy cleaned the location before he fitted it in. As I needed to get to work urgently, I made a stop gap arrange ment of bundling the ballast with a couple of shoe laces. The screw holes were too tiny for a plastic locker tag to be used (I had preferred using tags) and tied to somewhere.

Guys, any of you have ballasts that came off the 3M sticker and fell off and lay dongling inside the engine bay or under? What did you do to resolve them?
Old 10th February 2012, 18:19   #5901
BHPian

Hi All,

I had upgraded the stock bulbs on All New Honda City to Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W last year in Bangalore.

Couple of days ago one of the bulb's low beam stopped working. I wanted to get replaced in Hyderabad as I currently reside here. All I could find are the following in Reliance Auto Zone

> Philips Xtreme Vision
> Philips Xenon

Both are the same spec as Xtreme Power,

Can someone let me know pros and cons of these two in comparison with Xtreme Power?

Is it safe to install any of the above without relay? I don't intend to get it as well.

Suggestions needed, I tried in Carzcare and Xenex but they don't procure Philips Bulbs with the specs Iam looking for.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 10th February 2012, 19:30   #5902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
..I noticed that one of the ballasts had come off its perch. the 3M gave away,
Are you using double-side tape to secure the ballast ? I suggest securing it more firmly, by tying it to a suitable point in the engine bay. You can use cable-ties to do this.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:11   #5903
BHPian

Hi

Even I am unsatisfied with my Ventos lights. Don't want to disturb the setup, so avoiding relays etc for warranty concerns. Option is to get Philips xtreme vision 55w. Cost 1200 + 2000 for HL and fogs. Should I go for it. Is difference going to be considerable.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 01:27   #5904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Hi

Even I am unsatisfied with my Ventos lights. Don't want to disturb the setup, so avoiding relays etc for warranty concerns. Option is to get Philips xtreme vision 55w. Cost 1200 + 2000 for HL and fogs. Should I go for it. Is difference going to be considerable.

Thanks
Fogs won't help you much as they only through the light immediately front of the car, only useful in foggy and rainy conditions.
Go only for headlamp bulb change right now.

The spread might increase a bit as there will be more light, but do not expect wonders.
Old 13th February 2012, 09:20   #5905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Fogs won't help you much as they only through the light immediately front of the car, only useful in foggy and rainy conditions.
Go only for headlamp bulb change right now.

The spread might increase a bit as there will be more light, but do not expect wonders.
Fog lamps do help a lot when driven along with main headlamps. Dont for for 'whiter' lighter if you want a light bulb to illuminate road.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 10:39   #5906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Fog lamps do help a lot when driven along with main headlamps. Dont for for 'whiter' lighter if you want a light bulb to illuminate road.
Depends on the fogs themselves actually.
For example, Linea's fogs are brilliant, Civic's fogs are pretty much useless most of the time.
That is why I advised that he better get the Headlamps first then see if fogs are also required.
Old 14th February 2012, 23:39   #5907
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I'm currently having Philips 100/90W with PMP relays on my Vento. Wanting to change to Philips Essential Vision 100/90W bulbs to get the white light. How are the Philips Essential Vision bulbs?
IIRC Philips Essential Vision do not come with parking light T10(that's what they are called, please correct me), so which bulbs should I get for it, to give the complete effect.

What do you all suggest for the fog lamps in the Vento. No idea about the wattage.
Thanks.
Old 14th February 2012, 23:54   #5908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Hi,
I'm currently having Philips 100/90W with PMP relays on my Vento. Wanting to change to Philips Essential Vision 100/90W bulbs to get the white light. How are the Philips Essential Vision bulbs?
IIRC Philips Essential Vision do not come with parking light T10(that's what they are called, please correct me), so which bulbs should I get for it, to give the complete effect.

What do you all suggest for the fog lamps in the Vento. No idea about the wattage.
Thanks.
Philips Essential vision are very good bulbs I am using it for more than 3 years now in my santro and the light throw is very good compared to the stock bulbs, but dont expect xenon like whiteness in those bulbs but its on whiter side as compared to normal bulbs. I had got my pair of bulbs for Rs 700 Pairfrom sector 17 vashi, which lasted for 2 and half years after which i again bought same pair but this time from Nerul and very much happy with the performance. Will try to post some pictures as soon as possible.

If you search thread there are pictures which shows essential vision's light performance as i had bought mine after going through this thread and relying on those pictures.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 14th February 2012 at 23:57.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 20:25   #5909
NKR
BHPian

[quote=raghu230506;2676910]Hi All,

I had upgraded the stock bulbs on All New Honda City to Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W last year in Bangalore.

Why dont you try the Osram Night breaker plus. I have them and they are pretty good.
Old 15th February 2012, 20:57   #5910
BHPian

[quote=NKR;2682261]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

Why dont you try the Osram Night breaker plus. I have them and they are pretty good.
Hi NKR,

Thanks for the response, I couldn't find OSRAM Night Breaker here in Hyderabad so far in the outlets I have been. Best could find is the Philips Xtreme.

How are they?

I would need to get them replaced tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks