Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 17:36   #5761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick

How can you fix H4 in Fiesta? i thought Fiesta also uses H7 bulb type?
My bad. Is a typo, I meant H7.

Thanks motomaverick

Btw yes Fiesta has H7 on low beam, H1 on high beam and H8 on fog
Old 30th December 2011, 11:10   #5762
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi,

Could someone provide the address for Authorized Halonix dealers in Bangalore. I tried calling up their number given on the their website, but, looks like its an invalid one.

Also, how much does the H4 100/90 +60 cost?
Old 30th December 2011, 16:16   #5763
BHPian

Hi Folks- What setup is highly recommended for Vista.The original setup is not powerful enough.My preference would be to upgarde to 100/90 if possible.
Old 30th December 2011, 17:05   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Hi Folks- What setup is highly recommended for Vista.The original setup is not powerful enough.My preference would be to upgarde to 100/90 if possible.
yes. For vista, it's H1/H7 for high/low beams. You can upgrade to philips 100 H1/80 H7 but don't forget to use ceramic holders. You will get the full hella kit for this.
turbo_delight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 17:59   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
..... 100 H1/80 H7 but don't forget to use ceramic holders. You will get the full hella kit for this.

Did u mean 100/80 or 100/90 for both H1 & H7?? Hope my reflectors dont melt!!!
Old 31st December 2011, 02:54   #5766
BHPian

Hi,

I am planing to upgrade OEM headlight bulb of 2007 make Wagon r Lxi. After reading several posts I have been able to gather following information
1. Increase in wattage means more light
2. Relay is required to support additional load
3. Ceramic holders are required to ensure holder does not melt.

I have also gathered pricing information (approx) posted by other users

User 1
--------

Roots wiring kit and relay - Price 650-700rs
Philips Rally H4 100/90 - Price 400 for 2 bulbs
Ceramic Holder - Any brand - 75 to 80 for one holder.

User 2
--------

Two 90/100 Philips rally - 241.00 (120/piece)
Roots wiring harness - 475.00
Roots dual headlamp relay - 170.00

Could you please help me with the following questions

1. Would it be possible to install these components on our own
2. Which brand would be best (Roots/Philips/Hella/Bosch) for wiring kit and relay.
3. Would wiring kit include relay or these are available as separate components.
4. I believe wattage of relay should be more than the bulb, would the wiring kit include relay of appropriate wattage.
5. I am residing near Indiranagar (Bangalore) and looking for a shop which would sell genuine product at reasonable price. Most of the shops have quoted higher price than mentioned by some of the users who have bought these components from JC road.
6. Would it be best to procure these components from JC road. If so could you please help me with the authorized dealer if you have purchased this recently.

Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 10:06   #5767
BHPian

I'm currently using 100/90 Philips bulbs with a relay. I'd like to go back to using OE bulbs. Can I just replace the bulbs or will I have to take out the relay as well? What is the impact of using the OE bulbs with the relay?

I'm also looking at adding additional lights, preferably HID. I'm looking at lighting up the area between the low beam and the high beam. At high speeds, the low beam doesn't throw enough light to see what lies ahead. The high beam is good but it affects oncoming traffic. I like the Lightforce lights but their HIDs are very prohibitively expensive. I don't mind spending up to 20k. Does Hella have HIDs?

I've seen a lot of mods where the OE headlights of various cars have been fitted with projectors. Has anyone tried this with additional lights? E.g. Source a Lightforce 170 or 240 and then add projectors and HIDs?
Old 31st December 2011, 13:34   #5768
BHPian

Quote:
Vista (as mentioned before) has an H1 (high) H7 (low) and H3 (fog) setup. All bulbs are 55W.

Quote:
Did u mean 100/80 or 100/90 for both H1 & H7?? Hope my reflectors dont melt!!!
100/80 refers to H4 type bulbs which have both the filaments in the same bulb with a metal internal splitter. H1, H7, H3 etc are single filament bulbs which have a single rating (55W, 80 W, 100W, etc).

Preferably stick to 80W for both High and Low, but remember to use a relay loom with ceramic holders. I have seen 100W bulbs affect the plastic by making it prematurely yellow.

I have made a few posts for the Vista on this thread which has most answers. Use the search thread option to find them. Keywords - Vista, torquecurve etc.
Old 31st December 2011, 15:24   #5769
BHPian

Hi Guys! I am getting projectors fitted soon. The projectors come with halogen bulbs. I want to replace these halogen bulbs with HIDs. I am thinking of using the philips HID conversion kit.
Here's my question to anyone who has fitted projectors/HIDs (or anyone who knows for that matter): Will fitting the projectors along with HIDs void the car's warranty?
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st January 2012, 13:19   #5770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hi Guys! I am getting projectors fitted soon. The projectors come with halogen bulbs. I want to replace these halogen bulbs with HIDs. I am thinking of using the philips HID conversion kit.
Here's my question to anyone who has fitted projectors/HIDs (or anyone who knows for that matter): Will fitting the projectors along with HIDs void the car's warranty?
Thanks in advance.
It's safe. But if you cut the existing wiring assembly, it will be a problem. Nowadays all kits are just plug n play devices so no cutting is required. You will just have to fix the ballast and connect the HID's to the ballast and battery. Am using projectors with HID's and car's warranty is still safe.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 13:52   #5771
Senior - BHPian

Linea headlight upgrade

Guys,

Linea comes with H7/H1 combination in a double barrel setup. Bulbs are measly 55/60w. What is the best way to upgrade the setup to 90/100w? Is the usual relay+ceramic holder+wiring combination of H4 possible here?

Please do not suggest Nightbreakers/Crystal vision bulb upgrade as quite frankly, I have never found them effective enough.
Old 9th January 2012, 12:58   #5772
Senior - BHPian

Re: Linea headlight upgrade

Going for a higher wattage bulb and ceramic holders + relay would definitely void the warranty on a two year old Punto [with extended warranty] right ?

Contemplating putting just the 90/100 bulbs on the Punto!
Old 9th January 2012, 17:16   #5773
Senior - BHPian

i bought projectors for my linea. but the main issue is the headlight glass of linea is sealed with permaglue type sealant which does not melt upon heating. the headlight experts tried it hard but in vain.

does anyone know how to open these kind of headlight glasses apart? i guess chevy cruze too has this kind of sealant used.

honda city, civic etc are matter of 10 min to open.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:08   #5774
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i bought projectors for my linea. but the main issue is the headlight glass of linea is sealed with permaglue type sealant which does not melt upon heating. the headlight experts tried it hard but in vain.

does anyone know how to open these kind of headlight glasses apart? i guess chevy cruze too has this kind of sealant used.

honda city, civic etc are matter of 10 min to open.
If the glue is of permanent type there not much you can do here i suppose.
The only way possible was to melt and pry open the headlamps but in your case since its a permaglue, you could end up with a broken headlamp.

I think then the only option left would be to buy a replacement set with built in projector setup.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:42   #5775
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops..I missed this thread before upgrading my head lamp.
Guys, I have upgraded my head lamp to Hella Rally 100/90 using realy kit. The relay kit used is "Super Relay Kit" and I am not sure how good this relay kit. Any one using this relay kit, if so I would like to get some feedback on this.

Also, if this is not a branded one then what kind of issues can i expect and let me know about its life time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks