Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 15:05   #5671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
@Sohail: I was also gaining info on LED lighting and wanted to start experimenting with my Karizma and the take the plunge with the car. However, most revies I read was that LEDs simply don't work for headlights as plug&play. What you've posted is a different reflector/housing altogether.

Where did you get the LEDs from for the tail lights and indicators?
Yea! As such there isnt any bulb that directly replaces your halogen!

A forum member at HIDplanet forums is developing a LED D2S bulb which can be installed in cars with a HID/projector setup!

I got all my LEDs from autolumination.com. This conversion happened over a period of time as I first ordered one LED bulb(I say 'bulb' because the LED assembly is installed over a standard bulb base so that they're just plug and play!) and then tested it against the incandescent in the other lamp! and then I ordered the ones I liked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Sohail,

how did you measure the decrease in load ? Or is it just based on guidelines that LED's consume less power than regular bulbs.

Also, what did you mean by "more vivid in color". This is a little different than the information I have seen on product literature where the manufacturer has himself claimed that the LED bulbs are not as bright as regular lamps, but are more reliable than normal bulbs.
A guy over at HID planet did the calculations and said that it saved ~ 3-4Amp currrent flow in the car's electrical system!

Regarding brightness, as you know the standard incandescent is whitish yellow in color. When put behind a red lens of the tail lamp, all the other wavelengths are blocked and only red comes out, thereby effectively decreasing the total light output!

The LEDs that I put in there produce red light, which gets transmitted completely through the red lens and the LED in my case appeared brighter than the incandescent!

Vivid, as the LEDs already produce red light which gets transmitted unaltered, the light you get outside is true red! Whereas the yellow bulb behind a red lens gives a comparatively orange-ish red light!

If you have both incandescents, you wont notice this. But when you install a red LED in one and ten light both of them, you'll distinctly see the difference!

Similarly amber LEDs behind orange indicator lens also appear more vivid etc.

Here are a few pics of them in my i20!

THe LED 'bulb'

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.52.jpg

Lit in position light(brake not applied yet)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.47.08.jpg

In the rear Fog lamp

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.47.54.jpg

Both (note that the fog one appears brighter as its always lit at max brightness and I havent applied brakes yet so the above one is dim)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.23.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.06.jpg

This is the rear reversing LED (its basically a 5W LED with a projector lens on it to project the beam behind and light up the area behind the car while reversing

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110715-20.56.05.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110715-20.42.16.jpg

Here are my front LED position lights on the right and stock w5w incandescent bulb on the left!

Compare the brightness!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-position-light-3.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-position-light-pics.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-position-light4.jpg

Last edited by sohail99 : 18th November 2011 at 15:07.
sohail99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 15:12   #5672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Yea! As such there isnt any bulb that directly replaces your halogen!

A forum member at HIDplanet forums is developing a LED D2S bulb which can be installed in cars with a HID/projector setup!

I got all my LEDs from autolumination.com. This conversion happened over a p---snip.
I was going to ask you, what the hell is wrong with your grill?
then realized its the numberplate, edited.

Tell me this, this projector lamp led.
is it really any good?
It looks as bright as a cyclhead lamp , but is it?
and how much?
Old 18th November 2011, 16:14   #5673
Distinguished - BHPian

Sohail99, thanks - esp for the pics !
I think it would help fellow members if you put up details of the bulbs - model, ratings, and price.

but Guys, I suggest to be careful when you want to work with the headlamps. Any other light conks out, you can manage. But head-light needs to be completely reliable. If there is a fullly replaceable unit for your vehilce - the whole headlamp unit with HID/Xenon, ballast & everything else, it should be ok. But if you are doing to do a trial & error, then please be careful.
Old 18th November 2011, 16:29   #5674
Senior - BHPian

@mayankk -

They produce appreciable light

Here's a pic of both of em lit in pitch black darkness

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20111023-18.17.48.jpg

@condor - Check out my videos too if you wanna see them in action(especially the indicators)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2548433

btw I was looking at Taseem's suggestion to use harley davidson LED headlamps and I was thinking that after minor headlamp mods I just might able to put those in in place of my reflector/halogen assembly in the headlamp!

Can a retrofit guy help me with that? Because after putting them in there, I'll lose the leveling function on the dash and I'll have to get em leveled and fixed!
Old 19th November 2011, 00:23   #5675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Use harley davidson LED headlamps and after minor headlamp mods put those in in place of my reflector/halogen assembly in the headlamp!
Have you thought of installing it where the existing fog lamps are? Get a second bumper and have it modified to accommodate the larger diameter lamp. Not only will this be cheaper, but also safe if either of the lamps fail. Also the i20 has a very muscular front and can easily carry the large aux lamp look. That may just be my opinion though
Tassem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 10:53   #5676
BHPian

The Philips X-Treme Vision 60/55w H4 bulbs are not available at most of the shops i searched around in Bangalore. Are they phasing out that model and coming up with any new ones? Wherever i went, they say they are not getting new stock.

Are there any indian online shops where i can pick up a pair?
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:51   #5677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
My friend has it in his Vista.
K3max6, today we tried at different places in GP road, Chennai, but still returned without getting the relay fixed. They all seem to saying the same story that Vista comes with two bulbs and hence fixing a relay is not possible for a Vista.

Can you please check with your friend and help us out with more details on how this has been installed in his Vista.

If anyone else has upgraded headlamps with a relay for Vista please do let me know on how to get this done.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:25   #5678
BHPian

Install Civic Headlights in Mumbai

Hi All,

I just bought these - Angel Eyes Headlight - Honda Civic (06-09) Eagle Eyes CCFL Angel Eyes Projector Head Lamp (Version 2)

I'm looking for a good, reputed shop in Mumbai (preferably Andheri side) where I can get them installed. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:45   #5679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd

K3max6, today we tried at different places in GP road, Chennai, but still returned without getting the relay fixed. They all seem to saying the same story that Vista comes with two bulbs and hence fixing a relay is not possible for a Vista.

Can you please check with your friend and help us out with more details on how this has been installed in his Vista.

If anyone else has upgraded headlamps with a relay for Vista please do let me know on how to get this done.
Exactly same problem here. I am also trying to get Philips Extreme installed on my Vista, but 2 dealers told me the same, relay can't be fitted on the Vista. Please help if you are aware of the solution.
Old 26th November 2011, 14:01   #5680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Exactly same problem here. I am also trying to get Philips Extreme installed on my Vista, but 2 dealers told me the same, relay can't be fitted on the Vista. Please help if you are aware of the solution.
There are roots kits available with H1/H7 connectors, if Vista has this bulbs then you can easily get the relay fitted with kit.

I got this info while researching for headlight upgrade for my aria.
Old 27th November 2011, 15:46   #5681

Can someone tell me what is the specification (H3, H4 or H7) for the bulb used in the fog lamp of new TATA Vista Quadrajet Diesel new model. Thanks in advance. I asked the service team in Bangalore and I am getting all the three of them as replies!
Old 28th November 2011, 16:43   #5682
bhp
BHPian

I just installed Osram nightbreaker plus on my swift...got it from a accessory shop called 'wheels' near lotus petrol pump in andheri west opp infinity mall.

mrp :- 1150/-

this information is for guys who were finding the same bulb in mumbai.
Old 28th November 2011, 16:59   #5683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team1 View Post
Can someone tell me what is the specification (H3, H4 or H7) for the bulb used in the fog lamp of new TATA Vista Quadrajet Diesel new model. Thanks in advance. I asked the service team in Bangalore and I am getting all the three of them as replies!
Its most probably H3.. get one from Halonix (INR 35/- per piece) and you're all set!
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:01   #5684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team1
User manual should be your best friend... It has all the info about the bulbs used in car.
devenashani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:31   #5685

i am trying to get Xenon lamps. Thats why this question, and the manual is not with me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks