Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 17:00   #6046
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello all, I have planned to upgrade the fog lamps on my swift. can anyone please tell me what is the size of the fog lamps (H7/h8/h11) and also please let me know if I can get white halogen lamps?
Old 4th April 2012, 17:14   #6047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hello all, I have planned to upgrade the fog lamps on my swift. can anyone please tell me what is the size of the fog lamps (H7/h8/h11) and also please let me know if I can get white halogen lamps?
If I remember correctly it is H11. Check the owner's manual. it will be mentioned there.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:56   #6048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Even I feel it's h11. Pure white halogens will be hard to find/replicate. Halogens cant replicate the exact output as seen in 6000k HID's. You will get a tinge of white light (which is noticeable when compared to stock lights). I had previously used Osram Cool Blue halogens which provided a tinge of white light. To get the white output, you will need to shell out some cash and get HID's. Obviously, using HID's on stock assembly got it's disadvantages which can be seen in previous posts.
Old 4th April 2012, 19:18   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Even I feel it's h11. Pure white halogens will be hard to find/replicate. Halogens cant replicate the exact output as seen in 6000k HID's. You will get a tinge of white light (which is noticeable when compared to stock lights). I had previously used Osram Cool Blue halogens which provided a tinge of white light. To get the white output, you will need to shell out some cash and get HID's. Obviously, using HID's on stock assembly got it's disadvantages which can be seen in previous posts.
naveen, I will be happy with cool blue halogens which provided a tinge of white light. Can you please tell me the exact model number of the osram cool blue lights?
Old 4th April 2012, 20:38   #6050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
naveen, I will be happy with cool blue halogens which provided a tinge of white light. Can you please tell me the exact model number of the osram cool blue lights?
Not sure on the model number. Here are the details that I remember.

Brand - Osram
Type - Cool Blue
Wattage - 100/90w

This should help you out.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 22:37   #6051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not sure on the model number. Here are the details that I remember.

Brand - Osram
Type - Cool Blue
Wattage - 100/90w

This should help you out.
Naveen.
Can we put 90/100W bulbs in fog lamps as well .
Please let us know , that will be useful .

Cheers.
Old 5th April 2012, 09:21   #6052
BHPian

Not sure about that, because 90/100w might need a cut out. I am fine with 45w or 55w for the fog lamps. naveen.raju - waiting for your reply please. Btw, I will call up accessories shop and find out about the Osram Cool Blue today
Old 5th April 2012, 09:41   #6053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Naveen.
Can we put 90/100W bulbs in fog lamps as well .
Please let us know , that will be useful .

Cheers.
I dont think the existing assembly will support 90/100w. Might have to modify it. Fellow Bhpian, Rohit installed 80/90w in his fogs (You might have seen it during the Blore TBHP meets). That's by changing the assembly and installing Volvo headlights (The one found in the bus). It fits perfectly but expensive. I would suggest you to stick with stock wattage in the fogs and upgrade the headlights.

@Mutant - Ask for Osram Cool Blue. Else you can try Philips. They have similar setup (white light). Philips would be a better choice.

Keep us updated on the progress.
Cheers
Old 5th April 2012, 09:42   #6054
BANNED

I do not see what is the idea of putting whiter or blue bulbs into fogs. They will be useless.

Better go for yellower (as in 2700K). These will work much better, unless you wish to join thehordes of irresponsible motorists driving around all the time with fogs on, and often on high beam as well. Quite often have HIDs in both with what I will say at best Zero Civic Sense or etiquette. Actually my honest views will be considered unparliamentary.

Last edited by sgiitk : 5th April 2012 at 09:46.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:06   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I do not see what is the idea of putting whiter or blue bulbs into fogs. They will be useless.

Better go for yellower (as in 2700K). These will work much better, unless you wish to join thehordes of irresponsible motorists driving around all the time with fogs on, and often on high beam as well. Quite often have HIDs in both with what I will say at best Zero Civic Sense or etiquette. Actually my honest views will be considered unparliamentary.
sir, no worries. I understand what you are saying. I have been in receiving end for years! high beam, HIDs and all those gizmos that would blind the oncomming traffic.

I had recently upgraded my headlights to 90/100 white light since the throw from the OE bulbs were'nt that good. I rarely use high beam, low beam with the upgraded configuration is good enough. The only reason I am looking at white fogs is that the yellow lights dont go well with the white headlight. I am looking only at halogen bulbs and at OE wattage so that I dont do the same mistake as what others do.

@naveen - sure. Will ask for Osram cool blue H11 bulbs.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:49   #6056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
SG sir, but even manufacturers are no longer providing the 2700k bulbs in the "fog lamps". Every body is using those like aux lamps.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:38   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
SG sir, but even manufacturers are no longer providing the 2700k bulbs in the "fog lamps". Every body is using those like aux lamps.
There is a post on the same thread which says that the yellow light fog lamps doesn't add any effectiveness. Sounds interesting to me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post742082

Last edited by amalji : 5th April 2012 at 14:08.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:31   #6058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
There is a post on the same thread which says that the yellow light fog lamps doesn't add any effectiveness. Sounds interesting to me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post742082
Good one, but I personally feel yellow lights provide more visibility than white. This is from my personal experience.

BTW, going OT. Your car was spotted last week. Pic in the sticker thread. I had spotted your esteem few times but wasnt acknowledged. Not a regular visitor to that particular thread?
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 17:06   #6059
BHPian

Ok, so I need some help on my 2005 Toyota Camry AT (newer one - not the old design) - it was chauffer driven till now but now it's being passed to me - I have driven it lots of times, it feels awesome - only issue I have is lighting, which I feel is too inadequate for use in city - especially in dark patches. Everything is stock, however the front lights do have a history, because of a maintenance issue passenger side of the lights were completely changed, the entire assembly - which is why it has a brand new lens, brand new bulbs and feels very powerful, however driver's side has a 7 year old lens and light feels dim and faded, naturally with age.

Now, i'm a complete novice with regards to lighting especially on the Camry, what would be the best option to put new front light assembly/lens on drivers side and upgrade bulbs on both sides ?

I don't have a very big budget - but I do prefer much brighter lights than stock especially low bean which is horrible bad, i'm not looking for a bling job so not specific on HID/Projectors or whatever - need simple bright lighting - equal on both sides, I prefer white bright bulbs - I don't know if those are HID/Projectors or normal ones.

I don't have a superficial budget, tops 5,000 on the entire job - open to DIY if it's as simple as changing bulbs, but if it involves sourcing parts and new assembly I prefer ASC to do it.

Please do suggest the best solution.

PS: the fog lamps and side indicators work fine, it's just the main headlamps/lights (the two big bulbs in the silver reflecting area).
Old 6th April 2012, 22:10   #6060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If everybody jumps into the well it is still wrong. Once you are hit by somebody you will learn fast.

You cannot get 2700K Halogens hence the use of white bulbs.

Last edited by sgiitk : 6th April 2012 at 22:11.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks