Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:07   #4846
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I was looking for blue LED interior lights for my safari. Something similar to the blue LED in Honda CRV that is always on. Any idea on where could I get it and what would be the price. Can I put a LED bulb in the normal bulb socket without any modifications or additional wiring?
Old 23rd March 2011, 09:42   #4847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks...I've got my Figo delivered...am interested in going for the HID kit...my questions - would it void warranty... which would be a good HID kit for the Figo and what pricing..approxx.....

cheers !

RD
HID will come as plug n play kits so you dont need to tamper with the existing wiring. This wont void the warranty. Please confirm this with your Service Executive since many dealers have different views. I didnt have any problem when I installed onto my Swift.

There are many branded kits available. You can check out Philips, P8, Auto Gauge. The ideal color temp would be 4300k. Please stay away from cheap chinese kits.

The set will include a pair of bulbs, pair of ballasts and necessary wiring.
Prices starts from 7k onwards
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:31   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I was looking for blue LED interior lights for my safari. Something similar to the blue LED in Honda CRV that is always on.
I use an air ionizer attached in the cigarette lighter socket. Not sure about its air purifying capabilities, but it has a nice little blue LED, which illuminates nicely in the dark, always on . I had got that for about $10 from AMZN two years ago. Look around you may find it here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Can I put a LED bulb in the normal bulb socket without any modifications or additional wiring?
No. Normal socket will be 12v. LED normally needs about 1/3rd of that. It will be fried instantly. Put some resistor in series, if DIYing. But, I guess bulbs with necessary circuit are available in the market which can be fitted directly into the socket.

-BJ
Old 24th March 2011, 08:26   #4849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post

Do make a visit to the places Naveen mentioned so that you can have a touch & feel experience.
I checked up with Empire and few other accessory shops in the bye-pass road between Vytila and Edappally.
Could not find the one I was searching for.
They were having few straight line types and very costly.
My idea was to make the car look like this:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-chevroletbeat1.jpg
Old 24th March 2011, 08:45   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
I checked up with Empire and few other accessory shops in the bye-pass road between Vytila and Edappally.
Attachment 522268
Go for the one I've shown you last time from Dealxtreme.com, you' ll get it at a reasonable price.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:02   #4851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Attachment 522268
As Sajjt mentioned, check out the site for many options. Here you go.

$42.60 - High Power Waterproof White 6W 6-LED 1200-Lumen Daytime Running Lamp/Lights for Car (DC12V/Pair) - Car LED Light Bulbs

$37.80 - High Power Waterproof White 6W 1200-Lumen Daytime Running Lamp/Lights for Benz E300 (12V/Pair) - Car LED Light Bulbs
Old 24th March 2011, 10:40   #4852
BHPian

Also refer the user reviews to get an idea about the product in real terms. Mostly biased towards the seller but in between you can find some honest ones too. But if you need a unique design, you have some options there as most of the accessory shops have only a straight line pieces which is very common now. Even the taxi cabs have that Am thinking of to sell this to some one and go for the first, unfortunately it doesn't have any reviews there.
Old 24th March 2011, 11:16   #4853
BHPian

I had this in mind for quite sometime. To have murcielago kind of headlamp setup (projector + angel eyes) on an Estilo. Is there any place in Mumbai where I can get that fabricated. I am aware that for swift, it is available.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:18   #4854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
I had this in mind for quite sometime. To have murcielago kind of headlamp setup (projector + angel eyes) on an Estilo. Is there any place in Mumbai where I can get that fabricated. I am aware that for swift, it is available.
yes, you are right. Kits are available for Swift. For Estilo, you will need to retro fit the projectors onto the existing headlight assembly. Many wont go for this since it's expensive. Performance zone in Delhi is into retro fitment of projectors. You can check out some famous accessories shops in Mumbai. Many shops are into this nowadays.
Old 25th March 2011, 20:26   #4855
BHPian

Hello,

I'm looking for auxiliary lamps for my Maruti 800.
I had Hella Comet 450 series in my mind. But when I went to inquire, they cost 4.5K per set . Last time when I inquired, it was 3K per set . Is it worth spending so much money?

Another series I found is Hella Micro FF. Does anyone has review about these series? They cost 3K per set.

My sole intention is better visibility in the dark especially in rains.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 25th March 2011, 21:05   #4856
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Another series I found is Hella Micro FF. Does anyone has review about these series? They cost 3K per set.

Which one? FF50 or FF75? Didn't know they were available in India. Are these genuine or fakes? I just purchased the FF75 from amazon from $100 or something + shipping.

-Ragul
Old 25th March 2011, 21:42   #4857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Which one? FF50 or FF75? Didn't know they were available in India. Are these genuine or fakes? I just purchased the FF75 from amazon from $100 or something + shipping.

-Ragul
Ragul, I'm talking about these:
Drivers | Hella USA and Canada

Any idea about these lamps?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 27th March 2011, 17:34   #4858
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I need white lights (similar to HID xenons) for my Laura's projector lens low beams. I am planning on getting Philips Crystal Vision H7 4300K but i fear that the light intensity will be less than my stock bulbs, leading to inefficient lighting of road ahead.
Anybody got suggestions on this or should i try a different bulb? I have heard of Philips Crystal vision ULTRA H7 but can't find anybody who can offer these in India.
Old 27th March 2011, 18:31   #4859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
I need white lights (similar to HID xenons) for my Laura's projector lens low beams. I am planning on getting Philips Crystal Vision H7 4300K but i fear that the light intensity will be less than my stock bulbs, leading to inefficient lighting of road ahead.
Anybody got suggestions on this or should i try a different bulb? I have heard of Philips Crystal vision ULTRA H7 but can't find anybody who can offer these in India.
Why dont you try HID's? Since you are using projectors, try using HID's to enjoy it's performance. I have personally used normal higher rated bulbs on projectors. There will be a serious compromise in the light output.

HID's starts from 6k. There are many branded HID's available in the market now. I would definitely recommend HID's for your setup only.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:29   #4860
BHPian

MRH for my Contessa

I'm looking for multi-reflector-headlamps for my HM Contessa as a replacement against the standard head/tail lamps.
Pour in your suggestions!!!
Thanks!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks